All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horizontal Rub

John-W-WI

Administrator
A friend showed me this earlier today. Never heard of it before. I've done lots of "vertical rub" trees in food plots, but never horizontal. Anyone else ever heard of it?

-John

I have seen several articles and videos about it. I am thinking I will try one of each this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can tell you from first-hand experience, bent-over or freshly broken trees, or extreme " leaners " are rubbed regularly in the mountains around our camp. Not man-made or placed, but naturally occurring trees that bucks just seem to like using. There's one very near my # 1 stand for rifle season that's been used for about 10 years now. It's a maple tree that got bent over from another tree falling on it and now it grows horizontally. Trunk and limbs all get rubbed.

Edit: This tree does have new growth going vertically upward, but the main trunk is still horizontal. Rub scars on it look like one big skidmark.

Last edited:
:emoji_thinking: I've noticed ot on natures trees like that.

One more thing to try