All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Henry Lever .410 - shooting 45 colts?

SD51555

5 year old buck +
You suppose you can safely shoot .45 colts through this gun? I saw one of these at Fleet Farm and got that feeling in my guts that said…

4efe51efb31a1a5ca9263a9fe0840509.jpg

7fecc0f5ef5c8309bc56fff348296757.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Alec Balwin, he might know?

I own two Henry .410 shotguns. I keep one in OZ and one in MN. Both have the shorter 20" barrel that I prefer for my uses. They shoot 2 3/4" shells only....that includes birdshot, slugs and buckshot. Great gun for home defense too. I don't own anything that shoots 45 colt.....and I have never known anyone to shoot 45 colt through them. They do not have a rifled barrel. They certainly do not advertise it that way. I like these shotguns as a truck gun and the lever action models now with the side gate loading means......as you can top off more easily or slide in a different load than you may have in the tubular magazine. Still the front load tube is nice for unloading and faster to load mulitlple shells.

EDIT: 2 1/2" shot shells. And NO you should not shoot 45 colt and I dont think they will fit.

I have a Smith & Wesson Governor. Handles .45, Colt .45 & .410. The Colt .45 has 255 grains of power. I think a .410 has only 12 grains. I would go with what the manual aes the gun for.

I have a Smith & Wesson Governor. Handles .45, Colt .45 & .410. The Colt .45 has 255 grains of power. I think a .410 has only 12 grains. I would go with what the manual aes the gun for.
I shoot 45 colt and .410 outta my Taurus Judge. It'd be really neat if this Henry could do the same. I just don't know about pressures and rifling and so forth. I sold my dad my Henry lever 45 colt, and I kind of want that back. This would be a great way to get two guns in one.

I shoot 45 colt and .410 outta my Taurus Judge. It'd be really neat if this Henry could do the same. I just don't know about pressures and rifling and so forth. I sold my dad my Henry lever 45 colt, and I kind of want that back. This would be a great way to get two guns in one.

Love my Governor, alternate Colt .45 longs & .410 with buckshot. Great personal defense ...

Ever get a definitive answer on this?

No. I may call Henry tomorrow. Glad you reminded me.

I've got the afternoon off for a Dr. appointment, and I've got some road time. It'd be super if it would do this. I really like both of those rounds for doing work.

Sure does seem like it would be a nice piece to have close by when out and about the farm.

I called Henry. I should have seen this coming, but they cannot recommend anything other than what's on the barrel. They did say if I was gonna shoot .410 slugs out of it, the factory choke would need to be swapped out.

I think the logical answer here is to figure out how to put a bead sight on the Big Boy .45 colt and not goof around with both.