Heeling fall bareroot trees over winter for spring planting

CAS_HNTR

5 year old buck +
I am considering ordering a couple grafted persimmon and temporarily heeling them in my veggie garden over winter for spring 2019 planting as I don't have my spot prepped ( plus now I'm in hunting not planting mode).

Any thoughts? I know putting them where their permanent home is will be best, but I can't imagine this won't work and I doubt it will be an issue long-term. No?

I am considering ordering a couple grafted persimmon and temporarily heeling them in my veggie garden over winter for spring 2019 planting as I don't have my spot prepped ( plus now I'm in hunting not planting mode).

Any thoughts? I know putting them where their permanent home is will be best, but I can't imagine this won't work and I doubt it will be an issue long-term. No?
Yes, I have a thought. I think you're right to be in hunting mode, not planting mode! Go get 'em!
(I have no experience with persimmons.)

I would wait until spring. My success rate with most trees is very, very high, but my success rate with grafted persimmons is probably only 50%. That is planting them right after receiving them and not heeling in. I think the long tap roots on persimmon make them harder to plant and get to live. I can't think of any advantage to getting them now rather than waiting until spring.

Thanks guys.......just what I was hoping to hear!
They will rest at home for the winter (when they arrive)