All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Habitat Work Paying Off

Very nice!

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Video of an old guy

And another video of a good quality buck:

Last edited:
Couple young future prospects:

Ya gotta love it when hard work pays off. We are finally starting to see an increased number of shooter bucks but have put few on the ground. Our high end size is increasing along with numbers. It is great to see guys that I know have worked hard to give back succeeding!

You have some great bucks!

Nice job!! You've got some beauties there and plenty to look forward to in the upcoming years! Well done!

Some new freak bucks!!!

Video of a weird one:

:

Trail cam pics provide a great confidence builder. I can go years and never see particular individual mature bucks in the field, but pics like this let me know they are using what we provided! It helps give me patience knowing today could be the day when a big-boy makes a fatal mistake! :)

Great looking bucks!

Trail cam pics provide a great confidence builder. I can go years and never see particular individual mature bucks in the field, but pics like this let me know they are using what we provided! It helps give me patience knowing today could be the day when a big-boy makes a fatal mistake! :)

Your exactly right, my confidence level of harvesting one of these is still slim but knowing they are there gives me motivation to try.
And as was mentioned , it's just nice knowing that they like what I have to offer

Great bucks. This is the first year I have ever run cameras at my farm and what it has shown me is I am a really crappy hunter. We have pics of multiple bucks waaaayyyy bigger than anything I have ever even seen in decades of being around the place.

I don't have his pix, but a member of my camp has pix of a good number of bucks that are more than we've had on camera for quite some time. Your idea of " habitat work paying off " is coming true at our camp too. It's taken about 10 years of liming, building the soil, planting for plots - and green manure -, planting fruit trees, logging some areas, etc. - but it's all been worth it. All the spruce and fir trees we've been planting didn't hurt either !! More good cover = more good bucks hanging around. Racks are better than in years past too.

Thanks to all the good gents on these forums for sharing their knowledge & experience. It sure helped us at our camp !! :)

Great pix of those deer !! You're doing something right. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited: