Habitat Talk's July Trail Cam Photo Contest

Got a bachelor group coming in.
216e818ab1be28174b92226b92476374.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

This was a screen shot off or a video from earlier this week. This guy is around for year 2 in a row ... probably a 3.5 year old, probably 2-3" of each side of his ears, starting to get that forward curl. I like this shot of him ... if he makes it through this year he has real potential.

20170725 8 pt 2.png

Never realized how hard it was to,get more than one in a pic. Took til the end of the month.

Something tells me thier not a group. Or if they are the boss is making it clear.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Awesome pics Bill. What is planted in that field?

Bill, hope the french can be forgiven but speaking for myself and anyone else from bone challenged states...

image.jpg

Awesome pics Bill. What is planted in that field?

It's an old clover plot. Lots of grass now but there is still a good amount of clover. Corn all around so this is the best man made food for now. The does were dminating it. I'm hoping the big guy claims it..

Go Bucky!

First badger ever on camera for me. Not the greatest picture in the world but still very cool to see. I saw one live and in person while driving on my ATV probably 12 years ago. Obviously a very dangerous animal you don't want to mess around with. They dig holes all over our land and have for years - we never really have problems with them but still gotta be on the look out.
tmZQY0-yDRpv7v5HVlLq6yP-KQqvYu2lnEN6emn_K9Va7AUBC5h0wd8TI18w6KwTJV5U_RQUes3ZMxhejsnZtvgL7vr-PhB3JUF3NGtoUmIb7P3HI3O74dzecBx5-s6G4OE5hvb2ZOBRr7ti5EO5VXz9-c9C2DopmpFSoNR_Fum25ld4xXStTXffJSmva9X8FDdE4a14dqwnUBvKDztuiFtYtsvRNxMBGunutJt08O9HrKINeSWye1oUlFNk3arO9IXwb2v2M_BdJ50ORNTgPo8WmGdSZTN4upeVjRDhhJ1YDt25uzpm9SnXntZkKhPKvM3lI7OGhReafcS_t2gfbDtcMtTLJBjsWVSWyXU-3zRbLvgV7lmVgwM-bnTDbg_wOfjrJL6RHsWQKEapk_ERr3O-3IaKIIFk12HxvEI0z2lj0jc2IvXZ0jPxt3SVH34dIxoqs3OLQO6b8KnNxp2k24JWie8GbL3P_nbM6yX4uVOOnEKYcdQeJ57gpmCGrqGKTh4jw5_cFUl77SK-eVqzrSs1pQZxKg5ZeGD2BoR6dwUANaVWw1HvCrt3LHmIBls7q9-VhWB3uIlsVwwnpU_JIS3WSmEQNyIa01vzvmCudSR08oBVNvJHL3pXk-ybgZTXaTIwQqrsKZCditxPCN2nP2Do-9lEAww-H5IDxPgM0aYU6uY=w1000-h750-no

The doe seems to know to keep her distance.

That front guy sure has a lot points G squared 23! Great deer you have there.

That front guy sure has a lot points G squared 23! Great deer you have there.

Thank you. Most of the deer in the area are framed like the piebald, wide 8s. The other one is an anomaly, would be neat if he stuck around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some amazing bucks pictured above!

not a monster but the nose is interesting.....

My submission for the month of "more than one".... is more than one trespasser! Yes, just pulled the cards yesterday and here we have a whole family who decided to walk around my gate and explore my land. What is really great is the smirk on the blonde's face as she is reading the signs on my gate that read trespassers will be prosecuted and video cameras are present. I hate people.
I would get large pics printed and laminated and post on your gate "This means you and yes - I am actively seeking prosecuting!" Then provide the same pics to authorities.

Never realized how hard it was to,get more than one in a pic. Took til the end of the month.

Something tells me thier not a group. Or if they are the boss is making it clear.

View attachment 14247 View attachment 14248 View attachment 14249
I think "Bucky" has simply asserted himself and ensured that not only he knows he is the boss but the others do as well! I hope you see him from the stand this year!

With you, J-Bird... I've watched an obviously dominant buck of a bachelor group give that exact same look before about this time of year... like they're saying, "I'm clearly in charge and tolerating your annoying existence... for the moment." :emoji_wink: