Guided Elk Hunt

kl9

5 year old buck +
Looking for recommendations on an outfitter for a guided elk hunt out west. My grandpa has always wanted to shoot a nice bull elk and I'm contemplating making that a reality for him. He is 76 and in average health. I would go along as well. Looking for a full-service type deal. For those that have experience, I'd appreciate some input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, what's your budget? That will give you better recommendations for what you're looking for.

What quality hunt is available for 5-7k out west?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Give Chris a call at Compass West,he takes people of all ages.I hunted Unit 9 once right above the Floyd Lee.Luckily I never had to deal with George which is the owner of USO.They are a bunch that have a bad rep in about every state they enter.He goes to a state that he wants to be able to hunt more freely in and threatens a lawsuit and then he went back to NM and threatened there so outfitters got more tags.His way always seemed the only way.There are lots of good outfitters out there and any hunt around the Gila such as NM 16A should be fairly easy to get around.This is the area they hold a lot of disabled hunts