Oat seeding rates with other seed

DRG3

5 year old buck +
I'm planning to plant 3 oat plots mixed with other seed this year. I will be broadcasting and cultipacking into a prepared seedbed.

The oat variety I am using is cosaque black winter oats-
I'm seeing a very wide range of recommendations for the oat seeding rates so looking for some input on what folks have done and seen work. I'm seeing as low as 40/ac and as high as 100/ac

I'm going to have one plot each of
Oats/Turnips/Sugar beats- into a fully cultivated seedbed
Oats and Chickory- into a lightly tilled seedbed with a sparse stand of 2nd year white clover
Oats and Durana into a lightly tilled seedbed with a sparse stand of 2nd year white clover.

I've typically done well with High rates but wanted to see what others are experiencing- and given the light cultivation in 2 of the plots, thinking I need to go heavy.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

I'm planning to plant 3 oat plots mixed with other seed this year. I will be broadcasting and cultipacking into a prepared seedbed.

I'm seeing a very wide range of recommendations for the oat seeding rates so looking for some input on what folks have done and seen work. I'm seeing as low as 40/ac and as high as 100/ac

Oats and Chickory- into a lightly tilled seedbed with a sparse stand of 2nd year white clover
Oats and Durana into a lightly tilled seedbed with a sparse stand of 2nd year white clover.

I've typically done well with High rates but wanted to see what others are experiencing- and given the light cultivation in 2 of the plots, thinking I need to go heavy.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.
I would go heavy on the plots with clover or chicory. I would go light or leave out the oats completely with the sugar beets. They grow SLOW!

Remember oats are lighter than the other cereals at around 33 lbs/bushel.

I like 2 bushels/ac for any primary planting of cereals, and then adjust for method. Oats laying on bare soil that may not germinate for a while, I'd go as high as 3 bushels/ac. If I have good duff to lay down, moisture, and no threat of a smothering invasion of rebounding white clover, I may only go 1.

I would go heavy on the plots with clover or chicory. I would go light or leave out the oats completely with the sugar beets. They grow SLOW!
Are sugar beets a viable plot option if planted this time of the year?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.
You don't say where you are located DRG3? That being said...

If you were up in my neck of the woods - Zone 4a - Your oats will winter kill - usually by the end of October. This is why I plant wheat and/or rye in my fall food plots.

Sugar beets are a long season crop. We try to get them into the ground as early as possible - like mid-May up here. There is no way I would plant sugar beets in August.

I get very good germination from oats when I drill the seed, but very poor germination when I broadcast it on top of the soil. If you are going to broadcast oats - go with a high seeding rate - about 100#/acre.

If you are located some place warm, your plan will likely work OK.

Thanks All. I am in western KY right on the line of zone 6b and 7, but technically in 7.
I have done both oats and sugar beets here before, but always in pre-packaged commercial varieties. This is the first year I am trying my own varieties and mixed purchased locally.