All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green Manure?

Just so you know this isn’t a guess. I’ve used extensively for several years. Not something I just read off a label.

At $150 a gallon, you would get 21 acres at 6 ounces an acre and 32 acres at 4 ounces an acre. That’s about as cheap as you will find.

6 dollars an acre for max dose of 6oz/acre. I often use 4.

Thanks for the info. I knew there was a cheaper substitute for beyond. That sorghum looks great. Any trouble getting it in small quantity?
Only comes in 50lb bags. But will last several years. I plant about 2-3lbs in mix and 5lbs/acre in dove field. I also use as companion crop with NWSG plantings using imazapic.

Curious do you believe this is rye finally going to seed in May.

Attachments

• 20240511_101617.jpg
    20240511_101617.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 18
Being it's for a dove field, I'd probably work the ground. I think they like a clean field of dirt between the rows best. Good luck!

Curious do you believe this is rye finally going to seed in May.
I don't think so. If it's heading out that short, there is something majorly wrong there. If there is, don't feel bad. I have spots like that too.

The picture was pretty blurry too.

SD. Remember last fall I planted the 600 pounds of rye via broadcasting. It did not appear to germinate. So I am not sure if started growing this spring and this is what I got. It's about 8 inches tall. It looks rye. Sorry my camera sucks but here is a field shot. I was amazed at how much clover was in there

Attachments

• 20240511_101626.jpg
    20240511_101626.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 8