All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got a couple white fawns this year

gunther89

5 year old buck +
Checked cameras for the first time this year and had 2 white fawns show up. We have I believe 4 or 5 white does around and every year we seem to get a white fawn or 2.

That's amazing. I've never seen a white deer except in pictures in my entire life.

super cool

Cool pictures

Really cool!

I agree, just awesome!

Their really easy to see in the woods.

Have you noticed if the white ones are smaller than normal deer? We had piebalds years ago and they always seemed small.

Can you guys legally harvest the white ones? They are cool looking and would make for some great taxidermy work. I know in parts of the country it was/ is illegal to shoot piebalds.

Those are cool!

Can you guys legally harvest the white ones? They are cool looking and would make for some great taxidermy work. I know in parts of the country it was/ is illegal to shoot piebalds.
It was originally illegal, then we could for a while, but since the bunny huggers pitched a fit about how cute and rare they are, it is illegal again. Not smart enough to realize that back in the day, natural selection would have made them the biggest targets in the woods. I wish natural selection worked better on humans...........

Bill these deer are the same size as a normal brown deer. A couple of them are 6.5 years old and they had the same body size of a 3.5 year old buck. Some of these white deer do have a few brown spots or patches on them, thus making them a piebald. My plan is to contact a game warden and show him pictures from this year of the white deer and if any have a brown spot on them, if they would be a legal deer.

These white deer are forming a big doe group and are running our area. I'll post a picture of what they look like in winter and how they start to have more brown on them.

Those white fawns are super cool.

Very cool !

we have a white deer population around seneca falls NY - are you near there?. I'd also herd of a white deer population in MI, MN or WI - in an old study but I don't remember which state -. Your deer look like the seneca falls deer - not piebald, not albino -

We are located in south central Wisconsin.