All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good choices for concealable ankle holstered gun?

Turkey Creek

5 year old buck +
Looking to purchase a hand gun that is sufficient to neutralize human threats, but is concealable in an ankle holster? Have my waist gun, but sometimes clothing doesnt conceal it all that well in warmer weather.

Model 60 S&W 357

I use mine as my every day carry year round, very comfortable carry for ankle or inside pant holster with a T shirt. Also can shoot any 38 ammo out of it for cheaper practice rounds with less recoil.

ZTjvMld.jpg

I really like my Ruger LCP. It’s the older version, no experience with the 2.0. You can find both versions new for less than $200. It did need a bit of Dremel work to function like it should. .380 is enough oomph with good cartridges like Hornady Critical Defense. Don’t expect to be accurate that far out. If you need it sh*t has already hit the fan... just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruger lcr revolver

What holster you looking at,have been trying to find something for my LCP

What is your waist gun? Love my Sig P938. Or Ruger lcr if wheel is desired.

H20,.. love the handle

Glock 43

Aker leather makes a very affordable, durable, comfortable ankle holster.

Kahr CW380

What is your waist gun? Love my Sig P938. Or Ruger lcr if wheel is desired.
Springfield xd subcompact in 9mm.

Suprised to see so many with the Ruger LCP. I owned one for a week and absolutely hated it.

I like my glock 43 and 27...The 27 is a little bulkier but a little more punch and fits in my hand better. For concealability and comfort the 43 but for function and which I shoot better the 27...My 23 is my favorite for shooting. My on duty gun is the glock 22. but its like carrying a brick.

I love my sig P238. Never ankled it but it doesn’t show with an inside the waist. Now that I don’t live in Florida but rather a nanny state I can’t carry.
That was a very odd feeling, going from carrying everywhere, everyday to “naked”.

I’ve hear guys say a .380 doesn’t have enough velocity to put a guy down. Never had to find out. Maybe not But it sure as heck would hurt........

Also had a kimber .380 mini 1911. i hated that thing. Action was crazy stiff.

I’ve hear guys say a .380 doesn’t have enough velocity to put a guy down. Never had to find out. Maybe not But it sure as heck would hurt........

I would be will to bet none of the guys telling you that have ever been shot by one, it’s certainly not a 10mm +P but I think with personal defense ammo it will poke a hole thru most anyone.

Another vote for the Ruger LCP with Critical Defense ammo. Get a Hogue grip for it.

When I am not carrying my Walther PPS IWB, I carry a little Sig Sauer P238 in .380 auto in an ankle holster. Perfect little 1911 style autoloader for ankle carry. Not a huge capacity or powerful, but if I can't get myself out of trouble with 6 rounds of .380 I've probably got bigger problems anyway.

I like my glock 43 and 27...The 27 is a little bulkier but a little more punch and fits in my hand better. For concealability and comfort the 43 but for function and which I shoot better the 27...My 23 is my favorite for shooting. My on duty gun is the glock 22. but its like carrying a brick.
The 27 really doesn't have much if any more punch that the 43. With today's ammo, 9mm is pretty versatile, Glock has all but abandoned the .40 as has US Law Enforcement due to 9mm superiority.

Ruger SR9C

Personally I would look at another gun, or look at other holsters for your SR9 if you are attached to it.A good belt & holster will go a long ways in comfort. I had the SR40C & traded it in on a M&P Shield for concealed & then purchased an M&P40 fullsize for a "belt gun". Also look at the Sig P365. My wife has one & I've started carrying it on Sundays instead of my Shield. Alot more comfortable than an SR & twice the round capacity of most similar sized CC guns with optional larger mags available.