Genesis drills

Never mind that first one. It’s a 3 point

I have a connection. Let me see what he'd sell a 606NT for. The prices advertised are way more than I paid.

I have a connection. Let me see what he'd sell a 606NT for. The prices advertised are way more than I paid.
Would love to know. My dealer quoted me 33k+ new for the pull type 706NT I believe.

Last edited:
Would love to know. My dealer quoted me 33k+ new for the pull type 706NT I believe.
That seems high ... for a 10-footer.

That seems high ... for a 10-footer.
I don’t disagree. I’ll post the quote when I get back to my computer tomorrow.

My brother just pulled the trigger on a 3' 3pt Genesis. While the 5' would have been nice it's just too heavy for our 30 hp tractor to handle. I'd be happy to share thoughts on it both after we receive it and have used it.

My brother just pulled the trigger on a 3' 3pt Genesis. While the 5' would have been nice it's just too heavy for our 30 hp tractor to handle. I'd be happy to share thoughts on it both after we receive it and have used it.
My guess is that there are a lot of folks interested in the feedback on that particular drill given it’s unconventional size and ability to use it with a smaller tractor. Even though I’m not in the market for a 3’er I’m still curious myself.

i seriously considering the same unit. anxious to hear your thoughts once you use it

Any updates to share on this?

bill

Received the planter a few weeks ago, just been busy with life.

The drill looks to be a very well made piece of machinery. Haven't had a chance to go through the manual yet but figured I'd share some pics. And any questions, feel free to ask.

Attachments

• 20190419_115722_resized.jpg
    20190419_115722_resized.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 20190419_115743_resized.jpg
    20190419_115743_resized.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 72
  • 20190419_115758_resized.jpg
    20190419_115758_resized.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 20190419_115815_resized.jpg
    20190419_115815_resized.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20190419_115840_resized.jpg
    20190419_115840_resized.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 71
With one box, if you want to plant a mix of clover and oats, I guess everything gets planted at the same depth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went by their HQ in valley park MO. They suggested with my tractor size, 55hp 3195lb lift capacity, that I get the 5 “light” version but I can’t seem to find any information on what or why it is “light” and when I asked they just kept saying it’s pretty much the same as the 5 but lighter. Does anyone have any further info?

I went by their HQ in valley park MO. They suggested with my tractor size, 55hp 3195lb lift capacity, that I get the 5 “light” version but I can’t seem to find any information on what or why it is “light” and when I asked they just kept saying it’s pretty much the same as the 5 but lighter. Does anyone have any further info?
From what I understand the steel frame is a different thickness on the light model, which is where the reduction in weight comes from. I’m sure your tractor would handle the 5’ regular version if set up to pull instead of 3pt. I’m surprised they wouldn’t answer your question there.

What does a 5' Genesis cost? What does it weigh? A GP 6' only weighs about 2300#.

What does a 5' Genesis cost? What does it weigh? A GP 6' only weighs about 2300#.
I have seen them around 13k. The normal Genesis 5 is 2600lbs empty.

The 3pt version in 5’ sells in southern Missouri for 13-14k new.

From what I understand the steel frame is a different thickness on the light model, which is where the reduction in weight comes from. I’m sure your tractor would handle the 5’ regular version if set up to pull instead of 3pt. I’m surprised they wouldn’t answer your question there.

I didn't realize they even had a "light" version. From the brochure I found the 5 foot regular weighs 2,593 and the light version weighs 1,819.

I didn't realize they even had a "light" version. From the brochure I found the 5 foot regular weighs 2,593 and the light version weighs 1,819.
I bet it’s not light on price

Man, that’s a heck of a bad answer for them to give you AT their HQ. I can understand some receptionist giving an answer like that.