All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas Prices

gwm

5 year old buck +
Just hit $1.99 here in town.

I don't remember the last time we were under $2.00.

$2.14 here in LaCrosse this morning. I might put just enough in to get me down there and wait until I get to Mauston to fill the tanks this weekend if it doesn't come down here in the mean time.

The lowest I can ever remember paying for gas was 57.9 a gallon. Back in those days $5 would get you a 12 pack & 1/2 tank of gas.

$1.74 here. My annual trip to PA to hunt normally cost me about $300 just in gasoline. This year my total cost was $158 for the week.

I grew up working in my father's service station. This was back when an attendant filled your tank, washed your windows and checked your oil every time. I can remember $.24 per gallon. I can also remember Dad arguing with our supplier when gas hit $.40 per gallon that nobody could afford it at that price.

Fox valley area of wi some stations have dropped to $2.19 while some are still at $2.29. Looking forward to having more cash left driving to the cabin and hunting land.

$1.79 here

$2.14 for E10 here today. I can remember paying 99 cents during some gas wars in the early 90s here.

I saw 2.09 today. Last year in December I think the lowest I saw was 1.89.

The lowest I can ever remember paying for gas was 57.9 agallon. Back in those days $5 would get you a 12 pack & 1/2 tank of gas.
When I first started driving gas was .60/gal then the oil embargo hit and it jumped to 1.30 and I thought that was bad because I was driving a 76 F-250 that got 8-10mpg, not much cruising or not much other stuff.

When I first started driving gas was .60/gal then the oil embargo hit and it jumped to 1.30 and I thought that was bad because I was driving a 76 F-250 that got 8-10mpg, not much cruising or not much other stuff.
8-10 in your truck wasn't bad. I had a 70 Buick GS with a 455 punched out .060, heads shaved .010 & a big cam. I was lucky to get 6 mpg but that thing sure did go. Gas wasn't at 57.9 then either when I got the car in 72.

I remember a going out of business sale at a local gas station and they sold it for $0.99/gallon.

That was a STEAL then (Don't remember what the normal rate was, just remember being thrilled that I paid under a buck!)

-John

The lowest I ever remember seeing was $0.89/gallon. This was in the late 90's in Northern Indiana very near the oil refineries. At that time it was even $0.99/gallon in the Chicago Suburbs but quite a bit more within the city limits.

I'm 38 and the lowest I remember is $1.29 or so. That was ~ 1994? ish? does that sound right?

I worked at a service station during the summer of '86 and pumped a lot of gas at between .87 and .93 cents a gallon. The 104 octane "race gas" we used in our snowmobiles was $1.17. I can remember back into the mid 70's when we traveled from Kenosha to Juneau Co every weekend, gas was around .59 cents a gallon.

Just paid $1.89 in Beloit

Snow coming down and starting to stick.

I paid .99 in 2002 in Paducah ky.

I didn't think I would ever pay this price again.

Cheapest gas I ever bought was 29.9. You could go a long way in a 67 Chevelle for a few dollars. $1.89 here now.