Fleet Farm Selling

I hate to see that. To bad their could not be a Employee lead buyout.

Hopefully little changes with the store as it is one fo the few I enjoy buyng from. Maybe someone like Rural King or other player outside this market would be interested.

On a different note, has anybody shoped at L&M supply in Northern Minensota? I have not used them but they advertise KK and other farm items.

I hate to see that. To bad their could not be a Employee lead buyout.

Hopefully little changes with the store as it is one fo the few I enjoy buyng from. Maybe someone like Rural King or other player outside this market would be interested.

On a different note, has anybody shoped at L&M supply in Northern Minensota? I have not used them but they advertise KK and other farm items.

That is where I grew up going and my family still shops there all the time. I remember hearing that the founder of L&M was related to the fleet farm guys so for many years they stayed out of each other's areas. That changed in the last 15 or so years. I end up going to Runnings for some items since we have one here in Hutch and they are headquartered in Marshal. Fairly similar store.

An industry insider told me the reason behind this is that the next generation of Mills owners have been running the business into the ground and fighting. The old men got tired of it and decided to sell before their kids ruined it for everyone.

Are the old timer Mills brothers still alive?

It is damn tough for any business these days to make a generational transition and survive

A quick search says
Fleet farm is 35 store. (MN based)
Farm & Fleet is 37 (WI based)
Theisens is 20 (Iowa based)

A merger with one could make sense if the financing could be done

Yea thats too bad. I was always happy shopping at the Fargo FF when we lived in ND. Even made it a habitat of stopping if we were just passng through since we moved away.

I do not think that we have ever drove past a Mills FleetFarm without stopping. Its nice to hear they are building one in Hermantown,it will help talk me in to going to Duluth.

Hopefully if and when there are new owners they will follow in the originals owners footsteps and not screw up a good thing. I keep telling the wife if you can't get it at fleet you don't need it.

I'm sure the good pricing will be gone with the next owners. They have been the cheapest on almost everything.

If they get rid of their candy isle I'll be pissed. Best selection of sweets I've ever seen. It's the one thing I look forward to going to the Brainerd fleet farm for.

They have always been clutch for a one stop shop before heading to the land to do some habitat work.

They better not ruin FF. I go there several times per week and give them as much business as I can.