Flashlight

Many cordless tool sets have awesome led lights nowadays. I have a rigid that can't wait to try out blood trailing. But they all have them. 18v battery with led's lasts a long time. An brite too. I also picked up some Chinese flashlights off amazon that have rechargeable battery's and are plenty brite at 300 lumens

Try one of these... My local store had them for $15 I think. And they run on AA batteries.

Not going to take it on an African safari, but for $15 it is plenty bright:
http://www.interstatebatteries.com/p/interstate-batteries-lig8200-lig8200?dsNav=N~30-2147384903

-John

Got one John is right it goes frog catching with me and tracks the guests deer - mine always fall within sight due to perfect shot placement and superior equipment - ha ha - got a farm to sell that only has 200 inch 2 year olds too just PM me :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Google Cree Flashlight. For ~$20 they are Brightest cheapest flashlight you can arguably buy. They have headlamps too. It blows away my $70 surefire. Make sure you buy one with the battery charger included and from a seller with good ratings. Love mine!!

Yes I will be using it for tracking. It will get a good trial as I help a bear guide out for the next 30 days.

Tom, did you get to use the flashlight? If so, how did you like it?

Awesome. Was tracking a poorly hit bear and could see blood over 10 feet away. Never dimmed with 2 hours of tracking when we lost blood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Thanks Tom!

Just ordered the $99 option one.

for tracking lights I have used and been super happy with my Streamlight Litebox rechargeable light's
http://streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=17

not super cheap, about $ 150.00, but for how well they work and last, they pay for themselves!

have a few,. one is at least 15+ yrs old and still works as good as day one
has a 9+ hr run time off a charge, comes with a home and car charger
has an adjustable head ,. so when you find your critter you can use it to light things up hands free
its NOT small, but I only use for tracking when I want GOOD light, and has that LONG run time on a charge

I keep one in my home and cabin as well, plugged in all the time, for when power goes out, they too are at least 10+ yrs old and I check every so often and they work as good as new

I also have one of there smaller Stinger rechargeable I keep in my truck 24/7, its at least 12+ yrs old and works great too, has a home and car charger as well

I see they now have them in LED"s mine are NOT as LED's were not an option back then, I have to think there run time would maybe even longer!

they get my vote on a tracking light!

Streamlights all the way. Little pricey but you can't beat them. LED c4 technology you will not believe the amount of light they produce. Rechargeable and lasts forever !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.amazon.com/Fenix-LD22-215-Lumen-Flashlight/dp/B00P6LXPHI

Very compact super focused and concentrated bright light does far better then a lot of light spread out, can also clip to hat easily. Its not how much light you have but how focused it is to make tracking details more obvious. Have used for some time by far my favorite.

Fall guy, thanks again for this recommendation. I ended up buying this light and was able to use it for the first time last night on a track. I was very happy with it.

I went with this one over the other Fenix because this one takes regular AA batteries which I always have on hand. Again, it worked very well.

Fall guy, thanks again for this recommendation. I ended up buying this light and was able to use it for the first time last night on a track. I was very happy with it.

I went with this one over the other Fenix because this one takes regular AA batteries which I always have on hand. Again, it worked very well.

That's a great light (I have one), but if you decide you'd like more lumens, consider the Fenix LD41 which also runs on AA but provides 4x the lumens: http://amzn.to/2fCTVtf

Yes that focused lighting hard to beat. Glad worked for you.