fishing reports

u guys gotta loose the stick man. I almost feel sorry for u :)

Kenny Chesney in the fishing report thread. Never know what ur gonna find on HT.

One of these days I want to be able to remember a Kenny concert I've been to.

"loose the stick man"....is that a recent song I'm unaware of?
some people just aren't capable of being happy ;)

some people just aren't capable of being happy ;)
What do you mean?:confused: Caitlyn Jenner is as happy as he's ever been, just saw it while flipping past on E! News the other day.:D

Start by heading up to Denali on the 31st and have to make it down to Seward by Aug 7. Talking about looping up to Fairbanks and coming back down the Richardson Highway after we are around Denali for a couple days. Then we will be on the Kenai from the 7-12th.

Fedex sounded the easiest to us as well. Looked like a little over $6/lb for packaging and shipping. I feel like I trust fedex a bit more than having it go as airline luggage.
We had our fish flash frozen and checked it as luggage last year. You could look into that. I went out of Seward about 10 years ago and the ling cod were bad ass. I also suggest taking the 10 hour bus ride into Denali, not the 5 hour ride. Have fun, Alaska is the best place on earth to visit.

Here is a crazy idea, maybe some people can enjoy catching bass on light tackle while others enjoy catching trout while trolling spoons.

Wow! Congrats to the young man. Way more fun pulling them in for real than on Xbox B.A.S.S.Master's 2015! And you get to eat them as well!

I hope something is biting, but not too hard ;)

We need to hang out Dipper.

walleye.jpg Saganaga was good over the weekend. Caught my best smallmouth, 19 inch length and 14 inch girth. My dad caught a 19 incher and a 29.5 inch walleye too.

dad's bass.jpg Dan's bass.jpg

Made it out yesterday in Seward AK. Our group with picture of all fish caught on out boat. Halibut, silver salmon, and a couple rockfish.

11875031_10204579955677571_43990672781343031_o.jpg

One guy on the boat pulled in a big Skate. That is the 21 year old captain who wanted his picture with it since he had never seen one so big.
20150808_132540.jpg

A different boat got this one that weighed in at 305 :confused:
2015-08-09 08.12.26.jpg

A Skate, never seen one before. Pretty interesting looking for those waters.

That trip looks like quite an adventure. I need to find a couple weeks and get to Alaska.

Whats been the best part so far?

Caught a bunch of these few days ago. I have a buddy that goes to lake michigan to catch the bait we use. They weigh under 300 lbs. Well under.
View attachment 6503
Nice cats. But bait from Lake Michigan for inland waters? Big time no-no here.

:oops:

Besides that, he didn't say what the "bait" actually was. If it was something like spawn sacks or cut bait from salmon bellies, etc. I'm pretty sure he would be fine.

A Skate, never seen one before. Pretty interesting looking for those waters.

That trip looks like quite an adventure. I need to find a couple weeks and get to Alaska.

Whats been the best part so far?

That us a tough one... there is some amazing scenery all over the place. Mountains seem much different than places out west (we have been through CO, WY, MT, ID, WA, there is something different about the mtns here) with the combo of low valleys of a cpl thousand ft and high peaks makes for a obvious prominance. I think our highest elevation so far was just over 4k feet. Add in the glaciers and it looks amazing. The flora is pretty crazy, some areas seem just like northern mn. Otherwise we have been in temperate rainforest, taiga, and tundra,

A couple things we have done besides fishing:
Raft nenana river near denali park.
Shuttle bus tour in denali park saw moose, caribou, grizzlies, including sow and cubs, and quite a few ptarmigan.
Drive old denali highway from Cantwell to paxson, over 100 miles of gravel. Amazing scenery, only one moose.
Tour of Lance Mackeys sled dog kennel near fairbanks. He was 4 time Iditarod winner. The kennel was at his house and he had over 100 dogs there. Probably different than any kennel anyone has seen before. He showed us around and BSed with us for over an hour. Quite the character with impressive accomplishments and some struggles.
We were in Homer for a day. Neat town.
Hiked to exit glacier by seward, easy hike and pretty cool.
Did kenai fjords boat tour and saw two humpback whales, orcas, sea lions, sea otters, seals, bunch of birds and a close up of a tidewater glacier.
Also drank a lot of craft beer at breweries all over the place.
Need to add up miles driven.

So not really a best part I guess :D

Wb awesome trip!