fishing reports

Nice fish(es) !

That is a serious chunk. What did you catch her on?
Thanks guys.

I caught it on a jointed rapala Fire tiger color.

My co-workers son just got back from the 2015 B.A.S.S. Nation Wisconsin High School and Junior Team Championship on Lake Winnebago this past weekend. They finished second with full limits of fish for both days, but just could boat enough fish that were 3+ lbs to put them in the lead. They missed first place by 2.02 lbs, but will advance to the National Finals on Kentucky Lake in July.

My co-workers son just got back from the 2015 B.A.S.S. Nation Wisconsin High School and Junior Team Championship on Lake Winnebago this past weekend. They finished second with full limits of fish for both days, but just could boat enough fish that were 3+ lbs to put them in the lead. They missed first place by 2.02 lbs, but will advance to the National Finals on Kentucky Lake in July.

Have they had any luck in our pool of the Mississippi? I sure can figure it out. Help!

Might have to start going up through the UP and crossing at Sault Ste. Marie, it would be out of the way for some lakes, potentially a wash for others.

Fishing report from Weisenbach Pond in Batesville, IN: Fish are active (bait of choice - nightcrawlers, equipment of choice - Barbie pole), kids say surface water temp is nice but anything lower than about 3' feet is cccccooooolllllldddddd! That's how they spent Saturday afternoon and then off to grandma's for a cook-out and fireworks!
pond.jpg

Friday night. Kewaunee WI.
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i351/bluecollaroutdoors/IMG_1015_zpsbmgqoyhn.jpg

IMG_1015_zpsbmgqoyhn.jpg

Dip where do u fish from? Kewaunee for me on the big pond.

Heading back from lac de mill lacs now. Great week. Limits. Smallies to 19 on the fly, np to 39, released 11 np trophies, and 7 trophy walkeye released. Boat and nav chip kept me rock free.love pine point. Rebooked already.
What is the water temp that far north? Are the 'eyes suspended on the thermocline? I am headed to Saganaga in two weeks that is south of there but still pretty far north compared to the Twin Cities.

15 of over 100 pounds today.
879FB5CE-6AE0-4E49-929B-CE6E70DDEAC5.jpg

Fishing in the Brainerd lakes area continues to be slow to crumby - at least for walley. I have not caught anything worthy of discussion. I'm going to LOTW next week. I understand it's been pretty good up there. :)

^^^I had a buddy in highschool whose Dad ran a charter out of Sheboygan. I got to fish for cheap on some days when they weren't booked or only had half days booked. It was fun fishing, but not really my cup of tea. I'd fish the east coast of WI again, but it isn't something that really gets me excited. I'd much rather catch 20" walleyes than 20 lb Kings.

If you've got grown men who can't lug in a 16 lb. king, they must be some metrosexual dudes who spend way too much time behind a desk. A 16 lb. king doesn't even turn heads at the cleaning station.

My wife is 5'4" with a slim build, she hauled 20 lb. halibut with a 3 lb. drop weight out of 100'+ depths last summer.;)

We are leaving for Alaska next Thursday and have a halibut charter booked for Aug 8. Should be a awesome trip! How did you handle bringing the meat home?

We FedEx'd it home. Not cheap, but we didn't want to deal with taking a cooler through the airport. Lots of people take an empty cooler (or buy one there), fill it, put some ice packs in and then take it back themselves. Probably cheaper to go that route.
Where are you going?

Start by heading up to Denali on the 31st and have to make it down to Seward by Aug 7. Talking about looping up to Fairbanks and coming back down the Richardson Highway after we are around Denali for a couple days. Then we will be on the Kenai from the 7-12th.

Fedex sounded the easiest to us as well. Looked like a little over $6/lb for packaging and shipping. I feel like I trust fedex a bit more than having it go as airline luggage.

I'm hoping to plan a trip next year to Alaska. My wife is going through some inheritance stuff right now and one of the items was an acre of land in Wasilla. She needs to go there to work out some of the details and spread some ashes, so I'm hoping to get a little fishing and hiking in.

Enjoy your 16" bass haha
D62CC4EA-FFB2-43EB-9A2E-31F7F67F6116.jpg

Zzzzzzzzz
It's all cool we have fun hope u do too

WOW, fishing on the Big Pond must have went really downhill since my days as a youngster growing up in Kenosha. We used to catch coho's the size of the chinooks in Dippers pics casting Little Cleo's from shore behind the American Motors lakefront engine plant. My uncle owned a charter boat out of Milwaukee back then and the average chinook was about the size of the one in stu's pic. I guess that's the difference 35 or so years will make. We also caught a ton of brown trout and steelhead in the 7 to 12 pound range. All of them were GREAT in the smokehouse!

WOW, fishing on the Big Pond must have went really downhill since my days as a youngster growing up in Kenosha. We used to catch coho's the size of the chinooks in Dippers pics casting Little Cleo's from shore behind the American Motors lakefront engine plant. My uncle owned a charter boat out of Milwaukee back then and the average chinook was about the size of the one in stu's pic. I guess that's the difference 35 or so years will make. We also caught a ton of brown trout and steelhead in the 7 to 12 pound range. All of them were GREAT in the smokehouse!

I have to agree with you. I live on the Lakeshore and haven't been on the big lake for 20 years, got burnt out on Lake Michigan fishing. The fish were a lot bigger back then compared to the fish in Dipper's pictures.

I can imagine it was even better for the guys like yourself that were further north, at least that is what I have always been told. Being down in the southern areas of the lake like we were, we had always been told the average size of the fish were smaller than up around Sheboygan/Two Rivers and further north, but I never fished much north of Port Washington?