First time on stand

Congrats! Nice smile says it all.

Congrats. Nice one

My youngest son, Jake, killed this 10 pointer yesterday afternoon, first day he's hunted this season.View attachment 20969 Gotta be the luckiest hunter I know!

Ghillie ... congrats to the young hunter!

Way to few details in your post. I see blood on the corn but tale describing the point up to the shot, his mind set, was it a good hit and then the tracking ....?

Some of us old dogs like to see how these youngsters experience and handle their hunt ... kind of re-kindles our spirit with the excitement of youth .... :emoji_wink:

Sweeeet!

First sit always the best sit if timed right.

Congrats to your son.

Congrats to you and your son.

Ghillie ... congrats to the young hunter!

Way to few details in your post. I see blood on the corn but tale describing the point up to the shot, his mind set, was it a good hit and then the tracking ....?

Some of us old dogs like to see how these youngsters experience and handle their hunt ... kind of re-kindles our spirit with the excitement of youth .... :emoji_wink:

Jake has a stand set up east of our pond south side of a CRP field. It is a great spot with a any northerly wind. He set up around 400 pm Friday afternoon. Did not see anything until around 645. Two bucks, a small 6 pointer with a ten pointer following, crossed the CRP and turned at the field edge and both walked past Jake on his right hand side. Being right handed, Jake waited until they both passed, stood up, turned 180 to his right and shot the ten pointer at 20 yards quartering away. Only ran about 40 yards and piled up. I was hunting the wildlife habitat at work when I got his text, "Just shot a nice buck!" I have been very fortunate in my life and being able to buy a farm and have your kids hunt it is the greatest gift in the world.

Congrats to you and Jake both.... We have had some great early season weather thus far, glad to see Jake was able to take advantage. Normally we are still fighting the skeeters!!!

Very nice! Congrats to you both!

Jake has a stand set up east of our pond south side of a CRP field. It is a great spot with a any northerly wind. He set up around 400 pm Friday afternoon. Did not see anything until around 645. Two bucks, a small 6 pointer with a ten pointer following, crossed the CRP and turned at the field edge and both walked past Jake on his right hand side. Being right handed, Jake waited until they both passed, stood up, turned 180 to his right and shot the ten pointer at 20 yards quartering away. Only ran about 40 yards and piled up. I was hunting the wildlife habitat at work when I got his text, "Just shot a nice buck!" I have been very fortunate in my life and being able to buy a farm and have your kids hunt it is the greatest gift in the world.

Excellent, great story on the young man's success! I think he may be a bit spoiled though with a first sit buck kill and 40 yard recovery ... :emoji_relaxed:

Awesome - sometimes it works out like that!

Great buck! Congrats to your boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk