2023 Maine Moose

Thomasc19

A good 3 year old buck
This year my Dad and I were lucky enough to get an outfitter tag from our friend up in Jackman Maine, We went up the first season and got this bull on the second day calling him into 30 yards

68CBBB0B-E547-4484-A84A-1AC49619BD11_1_105_c.jpeg

He was 51.5" across and weighed 796 pounds field dressed-filled the freezer for sure

Country was beautiful up there

B1A3C627-4604-4368-9F8E-AE168D33F489_1_105_c.jpeg

Everyone in camp tagged out that week by Wednesday afternoon and it was beautiful weather the whole time it couldn't have been more perfect

If you guys ever go snowmobiling or hunting up there check out Lake Parlin Lodge they run a great operation

That's an awesome moose, nice work. Are those maine moose tags only available to residents or can non-residents draw tags there as well?

We used to have moose hunting in MN, but that has been shut down the last several years because of low numbers.

That's an awesome moose, nice work. Are those maine moose tags only available to residents or can non-residents draw tags there as well?

We used to have moose hunting in MN, but that has been shut down the last several years because of low numbers.
Better odds in the draw for residents but non residents can buy as many points as they want/buy an outfitter tag

I know it's a really hard tag to get, I've been putting in for a couple years now

Nice looking Moose .... congrats!

Awesomeness