First Bloom 09May18, SE Mich (Ortonville/Clarkston), (5b-6a)

Jhoss

5 year old buck +
A few blooms yesterday out of a tree full of bud clusters on Williams Pride, Whitney and Zestar!

Only tart cherry and apricot blossoms here (Midland, MI).
But I can see the little pick blossoms on the Liberty trees forming. Next week!...

This precocious little guy is rearing to go. It’s a Redfield on B.118 I picked up at Cummins a couple weeks ago and put in a pot. I’ll nip these in the bud, but it’s nice to see it wants to bloom so quickly. Down in the real orchard, the first blossoms are just starting to peek out.IMG_20180509_182330950.jpg

North of you and still no blossoms, our more mature trees in the woods are pink.

F7OpLn6.jpg

Full bloom was here this week. Didnt have time to take any pictures. Weather was decent should be a good crop this year if dont get hailed out.

Looks pretty good, Marlin !!

I have Chestnut Crab flowers very plump but not open yet, Pinova, Gala, Cortland, & Homestead are close behind it.

marlin seed that nursery with clover and set a few beehives, be a helluva setup!, looks great

Planted in 2011 in clover. It got a little too much grass over the years and the deer didn't seem to be using it as much as when it was young. I sprayed this spring and lightly tilled and reseeded with clover.

Planted in 2011 in clover. It got a little too much grass over the years and the deer didn't seem to be using it as much as when it was young. I sprayed this spring and lightly tilled and reseeded with clover.

Marlin,

Thank you very much for posting that photograph of your orchard. It is simply beautiful. I thoroughly enjoy seeing orchards planted by others. I love the rows and the flat ground!. I also love seeing how your trees compare to mine. Those are very nice trees for having been planted in 2011. You prune/train yours to have a lot more laterals than I, and your laterals are a lot more upright than mine. But, you orchard is certainly more aesthetically pleasing than any of mine by far. Great job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, whitney, kerr, dologo, and chestnut in picture.I don't do alot of pruning on crabapples. My eating apples I do prune/train more like your describing.Your right not nearly as aesthetically pleasing but alot easier to spray and work on.