All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAKE NEWS

Our Air Force could maintain the border with Turkey and have prevented erdogog from invading Syria and decimating the Kurds.
Our Air Force bases in th region are based inside Turkey!!!

Well you do have a point however these bases include Turkish and British airmen so I don’t think that’s going to happen

By far the best president of my time. (I’m not as old as some of you but.....)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thee only people in the middle east worth fighting for are the Kurds, they are or I should say were our only real allies in the entire middle east apart from Israel... They alone bore the brunt of the blood loss in taking down ISIS and traded over 10,000 souls so that many a US service man or woman didnt have to bleed on that worthless sand (that is also in lieu of the 10's up 10's of thousands of Kurdish men women and children killed in the past decades). Without their sacrifices as our cannon fodder we would have shipped a lot more body bags home draped with American flags... History will repeat itself time and time again till we realize the boogeyman is real and evil on the same scale as Hitler exists in almost every corner of the world except in our back yard because we choose to take the fight to them on their own ground. That projection of force keeps your wives and children from being torn and blown to bits - a trade off in tranquility that many on this planet beg for every night. The value of our dead... measured in every free breath we take was in part shared/bought by a bunch of Kurds we will never know. What we have done is beyond, F I dont have the words... I could vomit... It is so sad that our politics have degraded to the point that we hate the liberals so much that the only idiot we can prop up out of 329,064,917 people is that fool. I shake my head everyday and fear for what my son will face in the future when the far left and far right continue to run this country on a 4 year roller coaster ride from hell back and forth -- steamrolling the rest of us in the middle. I would love to just leave those people stone themselves back into the dark ages but we feed off their oil and if left alone we will see more than just a couple towers fall; an isolationist approach to the middle east would have worked 100 years ago when they only rode camels. Not now. I am just sick and ashamed. I had to vent and I choose to do it after reading the posts. I guess I have always been willing to live with a little blood on my hands when I pump cheap gas at the pumps but as I have gotten older just knowing with every squeeze of the nozzle some kid is ripped apart on the other side of the planet - well its starting to bother me. There has to be a better answer. That being said Im going to the fruit tree section to chill out.

Amen cavey

Who is fighting for the unborn babies that are killed every year right here in America?

One thing is very clear; the last 3 yrs have shown just how deceitful and misleading the major news networks are. For all the hatred of Trump (for his supposed lies and corruption) there should be outrage for the manipulations that news propagates every day. The hipocracy of the American people is amazing. Pick and choose who gets to lie to the people and who you are mad at for doing it. Eyes wide shut!

"And when you trust your television
What you get is what you got
Cause when they own the information, oh
They can bend it all they want"
John Mayer-

Thee only people in the middle east worth fighting for are the Kurds, they are or I should say were our only real allies in the entire middle east apart from Israel... They alone bore the brunt of the blood loss in taking down ISIS and traded over 10,000 souls so that many a US service man or woman didnt have to bleed on that worthless sand (that is also in lieu of the 10's up 10's of thousands of Kurdish men women and children killed in the past decades). Without their sacrifices as our cannon fodder we would have shipped a lot more body bags home draped with American flags... History will repeat itself time and time again till we realize the boogeyman is real and evil on the same scale as Hitler exists in almost every corner of the world except in our back yard because we choose to take the fight to them on their own ground. That projection of force keeps your wives and children from being torn and blown to bits - a trade off in tranquility that many on this planet beg for every night. The value of our dead... measured in every free breath we take was in part shared/bought by a bunch of Kurds we will never know. What we have done is beyond, F I dont have the words... I could vomit... It is so sad that our politics have degraded to the point that we hate the liberals so much that the only idiot we can prop up out of 329,064,917 people is that fool. I shake my head everyday and fear for what my son will face in the future when the far left and far right continue to run this country on a 4 year roller coaster ride from hell back and forth -- steamrolling the rest of us in the middle. I would love to just leave those people stone themselves back into the dark ages but we feed off their oil and if left alone we will see more than just a couple towers fall; an isolationist approach to the middle east would have worked 100 years ago when they only rode camels. Not now. I am just sick and ashamed. I had to vent and I choose to do it after reading the posts. I guess I have always been willing to live with a little blood on my hands when I pump cheap gas at the pumps but as I have gotten older just knowing with every squeeze of the nozzle some kid is ripped apart on the other side of the planet - well its starting to bother me. There has to be a better answer. That being said Im going to the fruit tree section to chill out.

There are injustices and genocides all over this world. Should we start wars to end all of them, regardless of how American soldiers would die, or how many enemies it creates for our future, or how many civilians get caught in the crossfire....?

Human history is just an endless string of wars, murders, and genocide. Removing ourselves from a small piece of that doesn’t make us responsible for it. The world is tired of us policing them, because we do a horrible job of it. We cause as many problems as we solve, often times more. We pick the wrong people to back, and they end up turning out just as bad as who we helped them replace. I think starting to remove ourselves from conflicts after more than a decade and a half in the region with no improvement is better than continuing the cycle of war after war after war in regions we shouldn’t have been in in the first place.

I get you don’t like the guy... but getting out of a war isn’t from a lack of morals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STF

That was awesome,.. thank you for the chuckle. My coworkers are looking at me sorta odd though. :)

It’s refreshing to hear a well thought out response from someone who obviously thought about a situation for themselves and related it back to how it affects them and how they affect it. Like you actually shut the TV and radio off and thought critically about it. That never happens these days! No one takes the time to make their own opinions and we just repeat our sides’ generic talking points... the truly sad part is most people aren’t smart enough to have those critical thinking skills...things will just be going downhill from here unless that changes

If only everything we said was recorded.

I feel like I change my mind every 15 minutes in some way in regards to this topic so I'm not trying to wade into the argument here.

However, I strongly suggest refraining from using The Daily Show content to make an argument.

My wife’s aunt saw her own obituary in the paper. It was her picture, birth day and address but the rest was somebody else! Needless to say this FAKE NEWS created a lot of phone calls and she wasn’t all to happy about it. There was never an explanation from the paper how this could even happen I don’t know. It took 2 days to correct the online version but the print is there forever. When she died a couple years later they made sure not to use that particular picture. It seems to me from local to major, news outlets just don’t check anything over anymore. Some on purpose and a lot on laziness

Last edited:
One thing is very clear; the last 3 yrs have shown just how deceitful and misleading the major news networks are. For all the hatred of Trump (for his supposed lies and corruption) there should be outrage for the manipulations that news propagates every day. The hipocracy of the American people is amazing. Pick and choose who gets to lie to the people and who you are mad at for doing it. Eyes wide shut!
They need to look at the ownership of the media outlets. Over the last 20 years ownership has narrowed and there is less diversification of reporting and therefore a narrowing of information.

Similar to splitting up ATT for lack of competition they need to make certain their is diversity in the news media ownership otherwise there is less competition and less diverse product/reporting.

If Trump wins another 4 years he should add this to his agenda.