Ever see a yote like this?

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
Good friend of mine just shot this yote! Although I have seen several dark ones Never seen a light one like this. Pretty cool.
Anyone ever seen one like this????
IMG_1090.JPG

coyote 2.jpg no never seen one that color, very cool, make a nice mount or have the hide tanned with fur on it!
seen some very Blonde one's in the past
a lot of black one's for sure
Black seemed to be a very common color at the one farm I ran

^^^^^^^^ that's a huge yote! What state???

PA< on the one farm I had several that pushed 70+ lbs, were some honest HUGE one's there
I never shot any a either for two reasons
one I had WAY too many deer so wanted there help in that dept.
and well, every Feb we have a big coyote hunt contest, average pot is about 30 grand, its a 2.5 day event, and I left them alone , for that hunt, only never managed to see a big one on the 2.5 day hunt, been in the hunt for about 15 yrs too LOL

MAN there smart sucker when your TRYING to hunt them

if anyone has interest in the hunt, here is a link
cost you a membership fee of like 20 bucks and then 25 if you want in the contest and the female event too!(have a prize for heaviest male and female, female contest is an added fee)
http://mosqcreek.com/#
you can see what the payout's have been for the past bunch of yrs, some crazy prizes for killing a coyote, lucky gut last yr won both heaviest coyote and then heaviest female, as the female he killed was the heaviest in the event
think he won like 16 grand for killing that ONE coyote
adds a little incentive to get out there after them in Winter

Can't say I'm sad that this was a harvest pic instead of a trail cam photo :D.

PA< on the one farm I had several that pushed 70+ lbs, were some honest HUGE one's there
I never shot any a either for two reasons
one I had WAY too many deer so wanted there help in that dept.
and well, every Feb we have a big coyote hunt contest, average pot is about 30 grand, its a 2.5 day event, and I left them alone , for that hunt, only never managed to see a big one on the 2.5 day hunt, been in the hunt for about 15 yrs too LOL

MAN there smart sucker when your TRYING to hunt them

if anyone has interest in the hunt, here is a link
cost you a membership fee of like 20 bucks and then 25 if you want in the contest and the female event too!(have a prize for heaviest male and female, female contest is an added fee)
http://mosqcreek.com/#
you can see what the payout's have been for the past bunch of yrs, some crazy prizes for killing a coyote, lucky gut last yr won both heaviest coyote and then heaviest female, as the female he killed was the heaviest in the event
think he won like 16 grand for killing that ONE coyote
adds a little incentive to get out there after them in Winter
Wow! That's insane

Jordan, I've seen photos of quite a few lighter phase from western states, but never that far east. In fact it would probably be light for out west. Cool color phase for sure.

the more folks that get in, the higher the pot's get

and its open to anyone in the state of PA< and NON residents too, all you have to do is hunt in PA during the contest

the most successful hunters are one's with dogs,
we have about 10 different coyote contest in my area, I get in a few, but in almost 20 yrs, I have yet to kill one, many yrs I have small one's I could kill, but pass, as not worth my time to drive to check them in

but a lot of contest have a 100 bucks coyote pot, for the first 2-3 you kill

weather has been my biggest down side
in the past few yrs, its been like 30 inches of snow, or 40-50 mph winds and minus 40 wind chills
which just sucked to hunt in, I run remote callers and remote decoy's
I seem to call in more foxes and owl's than coyotes however LOL
but its a fun hunt to me, went and got a full night time set up
maybe this winter will be my lucky one ?

We get alot of color variations here in East Tennessee. I shot a white one a few years ago during turkey season and lost the trail when it started raining. Missed a yellow one I thought was a golden retriever that had been running around the farm until it came in where I could get a look at it. Here's a couple of my dark ones.
23f3315019e6aabbc70c12e02834293c.jpg

3d1673412d3baf774177777ad3f695d3.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

When I see these pictures I think a coyote/dog hybrid

Some very nice unique furs there!

That's a beautiful color phase Jordan. Never seen one like it. My immediate thought was a hybrid. Looks a lot like my brother's Carolina Dog (American Dingo) when it was a pup.

Just curious (and nothing to do with color phase), but was the yote missing a leg? I only count three and don't see any signs of a 4th being tucked under the other back leg. Very cool color phase.

Lots of dark ones down my way mixed in among gray ones, but NEVER seen one that light!

I dont think I have seen one quite like the one you posted Jordan. I have seen some with that reddish fox tint, but overall they have never been that light. Our pale coyotes are light colored but tend to have silver and gray tones. I do love those black ones I have never killed one or seen one here, but my buddy in North Carolina has trapped a few.

If you mean "dead" - then yes, they are my favorite kind!:D
If you mean that "color phase" - no.

This is my dog that I've had for the last 5 years, pretty sure she is a yote mix, she's sneaky, likes to role in dead things and digs little borrows under the house.

Attachments

• 20160925_181324.jpg
    20160925_181324.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 29
I almost got a shot at an orange one a few years ago. Only one I have ever seen like it. It crossed about 50 yards out and was traveling with a standard colored one. I have never seen a black one, that would be neat. I have a lot of yotes around this year, I would rather have one walk by next weekend then any bucks I have around.

I have observed one that light on my farm, twice in the last month. It is also huge. At first I thought it was a fawn. Purchased a furbearer's tag just in case he comes by while on stand. Congrats on your trophy!

We get some neat color phases here too, the blondes are sexy!