All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

End of an era on my farm

Wow that is one stud buck! Glad you have some closure to him and won't be hunting a buck that isn't around.

With our WMA having a positive effect I would not be surprised to see one bigger come along.

Any theories on his death?

Had you bought that piece Jake showed you by me last year, you would have had a chance at him.

Shawn-- that is so dang depressing. Shoot, wish someone could have got him. Running shot, ouch.

I do wonder if he had not run himself down so much if he would have been strong enough to fight off infection. When a buck has a range like he did and would be miles apart from one day to the next he did himself no favors. His randomness also kept him from getting shot.

Had you bought that piece Jake showed you by me last year, you would have had a chance at him.
You must have accidentally quoted me or you have me confused with someone else.

There is a couple places for sale close by if anyone wants to get into
You must have accidentally quoted me or you have me confused with someone else.

I meant bwoods.

Joh*** bought that farm correct? Do you know if he has some studs around that farm? I was impressed with both farms, the one you are referring to and the Pepin County farm. I bought in IA instead, pleased with what I have, but tag situation is much better in Wisconsin.

Joh*** bought that farm correct? Do you know if he has some studs around that farm? I was impressed with both farms, the one you are referring to and the Pepin County farm. I bought in IA instead, pleased with what I have, but tag situation is much better in Wisconsin.

Correct on the person who bought that farm. Buying in Iowa was probably the best move, the overall average class is going to provide more opportunities there. My area is on the upswing so it's hard to say where we sit 5-10 years from now.