Dicks!

35-acre

5 year old buck +
Yeah. It wasn't really a typo.

Dick's drops hunting supplies.

Cabela's has trigger locks on guns in the stores and won't remove them for potential buyers.

Sorry - had to gripe to people that would understand (not my wife).
11df222a05df17f2f6c931c65f15c7bf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Won't affect me because I haven't set foot in 1 of their crappy stores in years, and never planned to again.

Haven't been in one since 2012. I buy all my kids's sports equipment, hunting stuff, everything... somewhere else. Dicks doesn't get my money anymore.

Won't affect me because I haven't set foot in 1 of their crappy stores in years, and never planned to again.

Amen brother ... when Mr Dickhead owner of Dicks came out against guns, ammo, etc. I decided to never enter one of their stores or even consider them with online retailing.

The only presence they have around here is selling overpriced Under Amour clothing to helicopter Moms with kids getting participation trophy's.

I was at a Dick's in suburban Chicago a couple weeks ago. ALL fishing stuff was GOA. I asked what was up and an employee told me hunting or fishing equipment will no longer be sold at the store. He disagreed with the decision and said management claimed stocking/maintaining the fishing department was labor intensive.

One just opened in East Texas(Tyler)

Interesting to see if they have hunting equipment

bill

I think it's more of a business decision. Especially if it is all hunting and fishing.

They want to be Dick's.....let them be Dick's.

First they refused to carry AR's and now hunting and fishing all together.......welcome to the liberal sporting goods store!

Dicks and Walmart are the same to me, haven't been in either in 5+ years.

They must be targeting suburban non hunting Democrats as customers, and that is fine. We can stay away from Dicks.

Last edited:
Sports Authority made the same decision in the early 2000’s. Not that it’s the reason but their a footnote in history now.

Dick's is paying both ends like a pro. Most of their sales is from non-consumptive sports and they don't want to anger that crowd. So, what do they do? They divide there stores in two, they retain the name Dick's, which has been sullied in the hunting community, for their non-consumptive sports, and remove all the hunting stuff. They then buy the name Field and Stream, dissociate it with the name Dick's and sell to us... Don't know how many folks they will fool in the long run, but that seems to be their tactic!

Last edited:
Kiss your dicks goodbye

I think somebody needs to make some T-shirts.....

"I shop at Bass pro/Cabela's...
because they value hunters....
and they are not Dick's!"

That's just smart.
I wanted to see if the thing fit in my hand. I asked if they could be removed, was told no. I set it back on the counter and walked out. It's like buying shoes but not being able to put them on your feet before you leave the store.

I wanted to see if the thing fit in my hand. I asked if they could be removed, was told no. I set it back on the counter and walked out. It's like buying shoes but not being able to put them on your feet before you leave the store.
Sales guy was either an idiot or store policy is so far out of whack it's insane.

I miss going into dicks as it's convenient. However I haven't stepped foot in there since they refused to sell guns to young adults of legal age

Haven't been there in years