All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Grease Gun (DCGG571M1)

I have lost so much skin on my knuckles trying to remove couplers from grease zerks. I may have to get one of those.

I have lost so much skin on my knuckles trying to remove couplers from grease zerks. I may have to get one of those.
They are Awsome. I'm a heavy equipment operator and we are required to grease our equipment every morning. I have had a battery powered grease gun since they first came out about 20 years ago. I just bought my third one, it was between the milwaukee and the dewalt. I went with the dewalt. Best one I've had so far.

Get the LocknLube grease gun coupler which locks the gun onto the grease zerk. It’s money very well spent.

I actually locked onto the pivot pin grease zerk on the front of my tractor and greased it for possibly the first time. I think it’s a 200 hour routine maintenance but I don’t remember. There would be no way without significant removal of hardware and tractor parts to get to that grease zerk. It took all of that 3-4’ grease line on the DeWalt and that LocknLube.

Greasing is not a problem anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is fantastic. Just hooked it up. Makes greasing a dream!

It is fantastic. Just hooked it up. Makes greasing a dream!
I agree it’s really good. But some spots will be a no go with that thing.

I agree it’s really good. But some spots will be a no go with that thing.

They described how to use a grease fitting and the original tip to make an extension. I haven't done that yet.

So here's where I admit what an idiot I am. I always read instructions but may have missed the part about loading the gun. I've been loading from the wrong end. No wonder it's been such a struggle! Thanks to this thread I was watching YouTube to check out the Lock N Lube and watched other videos that revealed my idiocy. Ordered the Lock N Lube and can't wait to change out the grease!

Last edited: