Day lily

ksgobbler

5 year old buck +
Anybody successfully done battle with these SOBs? I hit them with gly and they barely turned but the grass on the periphery is going brown. They have totally colonized the road ditch and spread under all my plum thickets so that nothing uses them.

Continuous scalping is what I had to do. It took almost a whole summer to eradicate them.

Probably would have better luck spraying in the fall as the grow from tubers/ rhizomes they will suck the chemical into that as they store energy for the next growing season.

My only suggestion is to make them into a flower bed. That way the deer will think you care about them and they will eat them for you. My mom loves day lilies, but cannot keep the deer off them, even ones right next to the house. Interesting that nothing eats them where you are.

My deer eat ours. I planted a bunch of them in rock gardens many years ago. Deer keep them pretty well controlled here.

Got pretty hot the last 2 says. Seeing some color change but you can see how tall, thick, and nasty they are
20190517_200929.jpg20190517_200936.jpg