All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cummins has Franklin apple trees !!

I see they're all sold out.... again.
Yeah I contacted them yesterday as well and they told me the bad news that they're all sold out of the Franklin apple tree again. Always a day late and a dollar short!

Yeah I contacted them yesterday as well and they told me the bad news that they're all sold out of the Franklin apple tree again. Always a day late and a dollar short!

You need a good friend like DLH.......:emoji_wink:

If those Franklins grow like your other trees / plots - you'll have a gold mine at your place. Correction .....A bigger gold mine.

Just got an email that cummins had a cancellations and more franklin ciders are available.

I think Bill, stark bros, or cummins has a marketing scheme of some type and its been taking hook line n sinker.......

IMO Stark will have some real good trees if available. They have a much longer growing season. Every tree I get from them is always bigger in caliper, height and feathers than trees grown in the NE. Look at the feathers on these things!

DSCN1470.JPG

I haven't seen the franklin on Stark Bros site for sale this season.

I got an email from Cummins this morning that they had 10 more Franklin on Bud118 available for purchase so I quickly bought 2 of them. I look forward to making some hard cider with these apples in a few years...

I haven't seen the franklin on Stark Bros site for sale this season.

Stark only has them for sale this year on their wholesale nursery that requires an order of 50+ trees.

They will have them retail Spring of 2018.

Like I said, marketing, i mean look at how quickly everyone on HT has bought them.

BV, post #24 - When I got a call saying Cummins had them, I ordered 2 right away. They didn't need a hook, line, or sinker ......... I jumped right in the cooler !! But I started this thread to let you guys know about them ............ No thanks ..... just throw money !!!!!!! :emoji_wink:

BV, post #24 - When I got a call saying Cummins had them, I ordered 2 right away. They didn't need a hook, line, or sinker ......... I jumped right in the cooler !! But I started this thread to let you guys know about them ............ No thanks ..... just throw money !!!!!!! :emoji_wink:

You on Bills roster? :)

BV - Nope. I got a call from Cummins. I had let them know much earlier that I was interested in case they got any more Franklins in. ( I have a " BAT-PHONE " ) connection to them !! :emoji_grin:

All gone - again!

I have been away to a trade show at the Hershey Lodge and a fishing trip to North Bay Ontario. Just want to give you an update on the Franklin Cider. "Apple Junkie" is correct on being sold out for 2017. I called Stark Bros the other day and found there is still some available on B118 for 2018. I am excited about adding 25 of the Franklin Cider to my apple tree plots on our property. My fascination with the Franklin is that it is the only variety of the hundreds growing on our 250 acre property that still had apples hanging in mid-February. The tell tale sign of deer trails in the snow leading to the tree and track activity beneath the canopy is good enough for me to say the fruit really attracts deer. I have spent over twenty years testing many varieties in search of the best apple trees for wildlife for our region. I honestly and whole heartily believe I have found a winner.

I've got to get at least a couple for next spring!

Is Stark Bros. selling those Franklins retail - or are they just for wholesale and you must order 50 trees at a time ?? ( for 2018 ).

Cummins said their shipment from Stark was arriving today. I was hoping to stop up and grab my order today but they asked me to wait until next week.

Is Stark Bros. selling those Franklins retail - or are they just for wholesale and you must order 50 trees at a time ?? ( for 2018 ).
I believe they are now being offered both retail and wholesale for 2018.