All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

Yeah mine is a 2hrs drive away so it'll be awhile before I can check. At least I'm getting pictures I guess.

So if you have other cams linked to it even your home camera-- you cannot have just that one send better quality pics?

So if you have other cams linked to it even your home camera-- you cannot have just that one send better quality pics?
No... the minute you turn on the link system you enter the world of necessary restrictions. It would be opening the door to log jams if the system would let you send original size 5 MP pics from the home cam with 20+ remotes waiting impatiently for it to finish and accept their pics. The Cuddeback engineers could allow it, but I don't think we'd like it if they did.

They should at least allow it if just using 1 or even a few other cams maybe, even limiting the 1MB(I think is the highest) to the home cam. It was 1MB I had it set for last Fall..and that made quite a difference.

They should at least allow it if just using 1 or even a few other cams maybe, even limiting the 1MB(I think is the highest) to the home cam. It was 1MB I had it set for last Fall..and that made quite a difference.
You sound like a high school kid trying to negotiate some nookie. :emoji_wink:

Nookie good!
I just want to be able to do what I want w/out a company limiting me so much. As long as we're paying for it give us SOME flexibility. I can understand if numerous cameras are used it'd be a problem. 1-3 cams with a decent delay in each..why not? I have so many other cams out I don't have the need for dozens of cell's.

I actually bought a Stealth first and returned it because of the picture quality. Cuddeback blew it away. Maybe the new Stealth's are ok..I'm sure someone will provide feedback somewhere.

I went to the K camera and did a cell test. It almost immediately fixed the issue. If you don't want to upgrade all of your cameras, you could just try that.
The only problem is this is not something you can do remotely. When you are 9 hrs away no bueno.

What happened to the "CL DELAY" setting in version 8.1? Its discussed in the manual that came with my cameras (G series); but i found a later version manual online and it seems to have been removed (although there are still parts of the manual that mention it). The CL COUNT feature is still there. If the CL DELAY setting is gone; then when do the pics that are queued up get sent to the home camera; and can this be controlled? Confused.

What happened to the "CL DELAY" setting in version 8.1? Its discussed in the manual that came with my cameras (G series); but i found a later version manual online and it seems to have been removed (although there are still parts of the manual that mention it). The CL COUNT feature is still there. If the CL DELAY setting is gone; then when do the pics that are queued up get sent to the home camera; and can this be controlled? Confused.
it was removed because it caused confusion and people were upset because they would have images that didnt make it home if they set it wrong. the CL delay is now mirrored with Camera delay so all images are sent home.

it was removed because it caused confusion and people were upset because they would have images that didnt make it home if they set it wrong. the CL delay is now mirrored with Camera delay so all images are sent home.

Sounds great...so basically when an image is taken it gets sent home immediately; and does not put the pics in a queue? In that case what does the CL COUNT feature do; it would seem to be irrelevant?

Sounds great...so basically when an image is taken it gets sent home immediately; and does not put the pics in a queue? In that case what does the CL COUNT feature do; it would seem to be irrelevant?
in general yes... but its more complicated than that, they are only put in que if they cant be recieved by the home unit at that time. The home unit can only connect with one remote at a time so the number of links and volume of images being sent all play a factor. there are times when a que will build up depending on how many cameras are in a network and how busy they are. CL Count is a feature that safeguards the que from getting to many images built up in it. once the que hits the max setting it will overwrite the oldest image. if you had something triggering the camera that wasnt a deer etc over and over it would [prevent your que from filling up and slowing down your network.

in general yes... but its more complicated than that, they are only put in que if they cant be recieved by the home unit at that time. The home unit can only connect with one remote at a time so the number of links and volume of images being sent all play a factor. there are times when a que will build up depending on how many cameras are in a network and how busy they are. CL Count is a feature that safeguards the que from getting to many images built up in it. once the que hits the max setting it will overwrite the oldest image. if you had something triggering the camera that wasnt a deer etc over and over it would [prevent your que from filling up and slowing down your network.

John, thanks very much this is very helpful. I messaged you the same question on FB you can ignore that message...wasn't sure which venue would be the quickest lol. I'm new to the Cuddelink setup; my other cameras are the standard type E series. I'm just getting setup with a K cell unit and 3 G series cams. Was pulling my hair out trying to figure out the delay thing. In my area with the 4 cams i'm not expecting a ton of pics; pretty much setup on trails and get maybe 10 pics a day on each camera. I'm thinking of making the CL count on the remotes "ALL" and have the trigger at 5 seconds. On my other cams; i usually check them every 3 weeks or so and generally have less than 200 pics; even with those cams on FAP. (I do have one cam in a small orchard, i'm going to lengthen the trigger on that one to limit the pics). Do you think the ALL count will be ok in this scenario? I'm going to have the cell cam email the pics hourly i think; and do a report once a day.

John, thanks very much this is very helpful. I messaged you the same question on FB you can ignore that message...wasn't sure which venue would be the quickest lol. I'm new to the Cuddelink setup; my other cameras are the standard type E series. I'm just getting setup with a K cell unit and 3 G series cams. Was pulling my hair out trying to figure out the delay thing. In my area with the 4 cams i'm not expecting a ton of pics; pretty much setup on trails and get maybe 10 pics a day on each camera. I'm thinking of making the CL count on the remotes "ALL" and have the trigger at 5 seconds. On my other cams; i usually check them every 3 weeks or so and generally have less than 200 pics; even with those cams on FAP. (I do have one cam in a small orchard, i'm going to lengthen the trigger on that one to limit the pics). Do you think the ALL count will be ok in this scenario? I'm going to have the cell cam email the pics hourly i think; and do a report once a day.
you can leave it at the default of 250, i actually lower mine to 100, if a camera gets 100 images in que with that small of a network something is wrong or needs to be changed.

John, could you comment please on the pic size issue talked about above. Does it look like I have to get to the cam to change things or is it something I'll be able to do online with the update you talked about? Or is it even something the new firmware changed?

John, could you comment please on the pic size issue talked about above. Does it look like I have to get to the cam to change things or is it something I'll be able to do online with the update you talked about? Or is it even something the new firmware changed?
as of now you you have to make that change at the camera and you can only do it when running a stand alone cell not when run-in a network. They are working on allowing this change to be made remotely but its not done yet.

as of now you you have to make that change at the camera and you can only do it when running a stand alone cell not when run-in a network. They are working on allowing this change to be made remotely but its not done yet.

Well again I just have the one- DualCell/K camera. It says "LINK MODE Home" in the details online here. All I saw on the camera was the option to change the mp for what goes on the card. Didn't see it in the cell menu and it's possible I missed it but I've done it a few times before.

Well again I just have the one- DualCell/K camera. It says "LINK MODE Home" in the details online here. All I saw on the camera was the option to change the mp for what goes on the card. Didn't see it in the cell menu and it's possible I missed it but I've done it a few times before.
you need to turn Link mode to "off" if you want to change image size, setting it as a home defaults it to thumbnail size. Only do this if you are running a dual cell by itself as a stand alone cell camera.

Got it. I think it set itself to Home and I just breezed on by when seeing that since it is the main and only camera I have- no link'ers. I'm thinking I'll have to sneak back up there soon...

To all that have not recieved reports and/or images in the past week or so. Cuddeback is trying to determine the cause , specifically if its cell signal/provider related or camera related. As noted here, there are a number of people who are or have experienced this but there are also thousands who have not, and images are flowing thru our system by the tens of thousands. They dont feel this is firmware related but they are also looking into that to be sure. If a cause or solution is found i will update everyone here. Several who had this problem found that adjusting the report time on the camera remotely seemed to bring it back on line. Others ran a cell test on the home unit and it did the same. I will let everyone know if something is determined to be the cause.
it sounds like this issue has been corrected, a high volume of users with the exact same batch setting overloaded the server at particular times . They have corrected it so that shouldnt happen anymore. if anyone still hasn't had a cell unit come back online after being down PM me your name and user name and i can have cuddeback check the status.

I have a J camera that is showing on the camera a low battery, but in the reports shows ok. I put new D batteries in last week and it shows the same. Shows good battery level but battery days are not counting up. Is there anything I can do or just let it go?

I have a J camera that is showing on the camera a low battery, but in the reports shows ok. I put new D batteries in last week and it shows the same. Shows good battery level but battery days are not counting up. Is there anything I can do or just let it go?
what kind of batteries ? did you try removing them and letting lal power run out so the screen is blank before reinserting them?