Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

There's an option to choose Overage. If you run over a second or third time, you will be charged each time. I've gone over many times. Actually, you will get more than the allotted picture count. If you have firmware 8.0 or 8.1, you can remotely manage your picture count or runaway by turning off Delays or turning camera off.

Like RRAB58 said you will get more than your allotted amount of pics. Cuddeback's 750 images is really conservative. I paid attention to that for a while and I think you can actually get around 1100 to 1200 out of the basic package. I don't know the percentages but it seems that most cameras if they run away they usually do it out of the box.

Before you deploy them I would update to the 8.0. or 8.1 when it hits the street. Definitely sweet to have that. I had 2 cameras a couple of weeks ago that were getting some false images when it was windy from a couple of weeds that grew up in front of them. I simply logged in and turned off the daytime pics, so that I wouldn't rack up pictures and I would still get night pictures. Next time I was there I cut down the weeds and then changed the settings. I really prefer to change settings online vs the camera as it is quicker. Although not all things can be done remotely.

i have all my cams on 8.0 and they are working great. What would be the improvement to update to 8.1? Thank you.

i have all my cams on 8.0 and they are working great. What would be the improvement to update to 8.1? Thank you.
better color images when using white flash, ability to change pic resolution remotely when running a STAND ALONE cell camera not in a cuddelink network and a few other tweaks but no changes to user interface.

Thank you John. That is very helpful. No urgency for me.

It appears v.8.1 is now available to download from Cuddeback's website.

one other point on the new 8.1 update , if you plan on using the "photo" feature on CAMP(your online page in cuddeback.com) you will want 8.1 loaded up in all cameras - without 8.1.. the photo features , sorting etc wont work correctly.

I have a remote J camera that is using 8.0 software that is not taking pics. I can force it too, and it does. Then goes back to not taking pics. I have another camera there, so I know for a fact deer are feeding at the feed station. Any advice?

I have a remote J camera that is using 8.0 software that is not taking pics. I can force it too, and it does. Then goes back to not taking pics. I have another camera there, so I know for a fact deer are feeding at the feed station. Any advice?
Forcing a pic does not require PIR detection. Can you post a pic of your settings? Also post the forced picture? Also, 8.1 Firmware is now available.

Here is what you requested. Next time I go out to my lease I will update to 8.1. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 27344F21-7A3C-4A1F-9A3C-D73EC506B105.png
    27344F21-7A3C-4A1F-9A3C-D73EC506B105.png
    615.8 KB · Views: 28
  • D4A62EFA-BEE2-4BAD-BCF6-C4E885D6E9B0.png
    D4A62EFA-BEE2-4BAD-BCF6-C4E885D6E9B0.png
    578.2 KB · Views: 31
  • F25EA29F-E74B-4712-9BCE-F2EBA92C40F9.png
    F25EA29F-E74B-4712-9BCE-F2EBA92C40F9.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
Here is what you requested. Next time I go out to my lease I will update to 8.1. Thanks for the help.
hard to say by your image for sure but i would lower your camera to waist high or lower, it appears to be higher than that and also angled up. Cuddeback's have a defined area of detection designed to prevent false images. You can also change you camera delay to another shorter delay and then move it back a couple days later to 10 Minutes if that is the delay you desire. I would do a walk test the next time you are at the feeder to ensure the sense is working.

complete list of 8.1 firmware updates
*Count fix within Time Lapse for metadata labeling
*Timing adjustments on some power/CuddeLink elements that allow for more stability
*Clean up the operation of the new Surveillance mode (not the Surveillance camera setting - we'll publish more how to use this later)
*Allows you to view by network within the new View Photos tool online
*Color improvement for all G Strobe cams on the nighttime images
*Ability to choose File Send Size when running a standalone Cell cam
*Priority Mode - allows you to pick 1 camera out of your network to be the top priority meaning it will send before all others if it gets a pic (for security and possibly for hunters trying to keep tabs on a particular small ranged buck)
*Aspect and Exposure Zone are in the firmware, but are not showing up online yet, but will pop up in the system in the near future
*Camera stats published live in order to better help Cuddeback offer support to our customers

The blue is the most sensitive area of detection. Aim the detector (not top of camera) at the center of a deer's mass. Not all areas that you see in picture is equally detected. BTW, that is a dandy feeder! Good luck.

PastedGraphic-1.png

*Timing adjustments on some power/CuddeLink elements that allow for more stability
*Clean up the operation of the new Surveillance mode (not the Surveillance camera setting - we'll publish more how to use this later)
*Priority Mode - allows you to pick 1 camera out of your network to be the top priority meaning it will send before all others if it gets a pic (for security and possibly for hunters trying to keep tabs on a particular small ranged buck)
*Aspect and Exposure Zone are in the firmware, but are not showing up online yet, but will pop up in the system in the near future
*Camera stats published live in order to better help Cuddeback offer support to our customers

Getting better all the time. Thanks John!

John,

Is this likely the last update before fall hunting seasons?

The blue is the most sensitive area of detection. Aim the detector (not top of camera) at the center of a deer's mass. Not all areas that you see in picture is equally detected. BTW, that is a dandy feeder! Good luck.

View attachment 30458
That is great info. Really glad I found this group. Have had so much fun getting these cameras set up and out at my lease. Every morning when I wake up it is like Christmas morning. Can’t wait to view pics. Thanks again for all advise. Appreciated. BTW this feeder is over 30 years old. Just keep on throwing.

John,

Is this likely the last update before fall hunting seasons?
unless something comes up that is a needed fix i would say it is likely this is the last one before fall. anytime an update is needed they will push a new version out but i would deploy now if that is what you are asking.

My system is now sending a report once a day like I have it set for, but no pics. I have pics set for every 4 hours. I have not gone this long without pics since I set it up a month ago. Just looking for some advice. Anything I can do remotely?

My system is now sending a report once a day like I have it set for, but no pics. I have pics set for every 4 hours. I have not gone this long without pics since I set it up a month ago. Just looking for some advice. Anything I can do remotely?
Just curious in the new gen 2 can't you go force it to send a picture right now and send it to you?

That is the first thing I did, but I think it takes the pic the next time the system connects to the cell. I’m sure someone knows for sure.

That is the first thing I did, but I think it takes the pic the next time the system connects to the cell. I’m sure someone knows for sure.
force a pic is the first thing to do, make sure you hit save, also check all your settings on camp, once you get the forced image you can act form there. Make sure images arent being blocked or going to your junk file. look at your report to see if image count is increasing.