Cuddeback's Cuddelink

It took some pictures last night and they came out ok. May have to change the flash setting from Far to Near.
Cuddeback should rename that "Far" setting "X-ray"! :emoji_sunglasses:

Cuddeback should rename that "Far" setting "X-ray"! :emoji_sunglasses:
I don’t know if the falling snow exaggerating the effect or not. I have another camera that isn’t like that when it’s not snowing.

Attachments

• 862372BA-6590-4785-A20D-748517A72841.jpeg
    862372BA-6590-4785-A20D-748517A72841.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 546EEA10-A0D5-48F0-9BE0-CE26B6C32BD3.jpeg
    546EEA10-A0D5-48F0-9BE0-CE26B6C32BD3.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 22
I don’t know if the falling snow exaggerating the effect or not. I have another camera that isn’t like that when it’s not snowing.
For some reason the exif data is stripped from those two photos so I can't check your strobe power settings. Did you change the strobe power on that camera between the two pics?

7.7? It worked fine for me. Did you unzip them and then put the files in the root of your SD card?
I click on firmware and this is comes up.
It doesn't work. can't unzip it.

Cdy_1_0_0 (2)

For some reason the exif data is stripped from those two photos so I can't check your strobe power settings. Did you change the strobe power on that camera between the two pics?
No it’s the same on both. Pretty sure I have all of my cameras set to FAR.

I click on firmware and this is comes up.
It doesn't work. can't unzip it.

Cdy_1_0_0 (2)
That’s the correct zip file. I’m not sure why you can’t open it. I download it to my desktop, right click the file and choose open with winzip.

Ok I got it to unzip but there is no firmware file. There are 3 files in there and one map . I put that on the SD card put it in the camera in update firmware it says check SD

This is what I get when I unzip.
I put this on the sd card tried to update
firmware and it says check sd card.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 13
Ok I got it to unzip but there is no firmware file. There are 3 files in there and one map . I put that on the SD card put it in the camera in update firmware it says check SD
You put all the files that were in the zip on the root of your SD and it still won’t updat
open the text file that says map. It should tell you which one of the other 3 files is for your camera. Put just that file on your SD card.

Error 03 only happened on the one camera after error 04. The primary issue is 04. As for SD cards, I know one is 4gb PNY, another SanDisk 8gb, and the third is a SanDisk 16gb class 10 I believe. Not sdxc.

In the end, purchase locations (website/store), batteries, and SD cards are all across the board. I've since flashed 7.7 again to all the cameras, formatted the SD cards, used the clear command once reinstalling the cards, and installed new alkaline Duracell batteries. We'll see how soon one fails again.

By chance, are you running external battery banks?

I once got both codes on one camera. I did not suspect batteries as they were only 25 days old. But they were dead. I thought I might have the rogue battery eater, but I changed to new batteries and not another issue. I had one other camera (with 1 external bank) that batteries were dead at 135+ days. I changed all my other camera batteries out along with this one, but the batteries still had plenty of life left in them. Hopefully, what you did will get it.

What I had to do was drag each one of the 4 files individually onto the card. It's worth a shot.

John, do you know anywhere I could pick up a few of the older long range ir cameras for a decent price? Still my favorite camera...compact and reliable. Would love to have a few more for public and other properties I hunt.

Attachments

• 1BAE0B31-3B6D-430B-99B0-EB56288C737A.jpeg
    1BAE0B31-3B6D-430B-99B0-EB56288C737A.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 20
By chance, are you running external battery banks?

I once got both codes on one camera. I did not suspect batteries as they were only 25 days old. But they were dead. I thought I might have the rogue battery eater, but I changed to new batteries and not another issue. I had one other camera (with 1 external bank) that batteries were dead at 135+ days. I changed all my other camera batteries out along with this one, but the batteries still had plenty of life left in them. Hopefully, what you did will get it.

No external packs.

John, do you know anywhere I could pick up a few of the older long range ir cameras for a decent price? Still my favorite camera...compact and reliable. Would love to have a few more for public and other properties I hunt.
im not sure of anyone that has these yet, they have been gone for a couple years, the J camera is basically the same camera with cuddelink added.

I love my systems. They have been very reliable minus a cam or two but that's not out of reason imo. Battery life was an issue last year but with the 3358 packs added to all my cams it's been resolved. As of now I'm at 144 days on my longest running cams. Detection has been good. I run several double cam sets with Cuddelinks and Browning's. Both have had the same images/videos. Setup is a learning curve but once you figure it out it's easy. I would give them my recommendation without a doubt

Mine have been very reliable as well. Most of my issues have been linking between cameras. But now as the leaves are falling I am really getting a view at how hilly the land really is. There's easily some 60-70ft hills, from creek to ridge. I fought it for awhile, but finally just added repeaters. It works amazingly well if all your signal's are 40+. My problem lately has been too many pictures.lol I took burst off, but I still got around 350 today. I just busted my 2000 picture limit for the 2nd time. My cameras are about to melt down they've taken so many pictures. But that's not a bad thing.

I just added up the LI (PIR trips & Lapse images) for 6 camera's that have been out since about mid June. LI= ~17,013. I had it on 3 pic burst for most of the time = ~51,039 pictures that were put on SD cards in about 5 mos. :emoji_astonished: I'm guessing about 10,000 emailed pictures. One of those camera's didn't link most of the time. That's not too shabby.

Last edited:
The camera that took the place of the older E model long range IR is the H-1453 model. It was designed to the same specs and performance as the old E model (IR module and imaging sensor). It is essentially a J model but with the simple dial user interface and smaller (only 8 AA's) and of course no Cuddelink. They can be bought for $90-$95 at various places on the web (Vminnovations being the cheapest I've seen) which is likely cheaper than an E model if you could still find one those.

For the new dual power banks that I have purchased in order to attach solar will I be able to attach my existing solar panels with a new cable or will a new complete solar panel specifically for this application be required? Also, is it possible to get a longer cable for the solar panel as in many cases the current cable is too short to reach a location with adequate sunlight from the location of the camera. This is especially true when the camera is mounted on a large diameter tree with the camera facing north and the solar panel needing to face south. The dual power banks have solved the problem of short battery life in high volume traffic areas with little sunlight.

For the new dual power banks that I have purchased in order to attach solar will I be able to attach my existing solar panels with a new cable or will a new complete solar panel specifically for this application be required? Also, is it possible to get a longer cable for the solar panel as in many cases the current cable is too short to reach a location with adequate sunlight from the location of the camera. This is especially true when the camera is mounted on a large diameter tree with the camera facing north and the solar panel needing to face south. The dual power banks have solved the problem of short battery life in high volume traffic areas with little sunlight.
It’s not always the best idea to modify as I’m sure it voids the warranty but it was a pretty slight modification to the cable that comes with it.

Attachments

• D176D954-C12A-440D-A1D9-1ADF15F3B4ED.jpeg
    D176D954-C12A-440D-A1D9-1ADF15F3B4ED.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37