Cuddeback's Cuddelink

No sure if this a possible request or not for cuddeback. Is there something you can do to create a dual authentication for the network. Apparently a neighbor close to mine setup a camera and is using the same channel. This morning, all of my cameras are no longer linked to the home unit. Extremely frustrating that I have to walk all around my property today to change the channel on these things over something that’s out of my control. With other cell cams coming out with shared plans hassles like this would make someone switch pretty quick.

I’ve been thinking on this. I’m not sure if it would kill your link or not. It’s a radio wave that is broadcast in all directions. When a radio receives signal, it does not stop the signal in other areas or prevent another radio from linking. I’m thinking his camera’ should show up on your home camera. Not sure though..

I’ve been thinking on this. I’m not sure if it would kill your link or not. It’s a radio wave that is broadcast in all directions. When a radio receives signal, it does not stop the signal in other areas or prevent another radio from linking. I’m thinking his camera’ should show up on your home camera. Not sure though..
That’s the thing. On my home report the only camera that showed up was the home unit. And I havent got a picture since I got 26 of a couple in there home setting up a camera. It’s seems extremely strange that it would be the only one. I’m going out to switch channels now.

Does anybody know of a retailer with the D-Cell battery packs for the J-Series cameras in stock? I'm not having any luck finding them anywhere

Changed the channel on cams and cell unit. Everything is working again. Not sure how I completely feel about that situation

Changed the channel on cams and cell unit. Everything is working again. Not sure how I completely feel about that situation
What channel number were you on and what did you change to? Some studies would show 7, 11, and 13 to be the most commonly picked because they are the most mathematically unique.

What channel number were you on and what did you change to? Some studies would show 7, 11, and 13 to be the most commonly picked because they are the most mathematically unique.
Was on 5... now not on any of those

I have 2 emails and text set up to receive the reports and pics. Since I got the Cuddelink set up, I get the pictures and report to 1 email (gmail) and my text on my phone.
I'm only getting the reports on my work email but not an email with pictures. I know it isn't going to Spam as I'm getting the report email. Also not blocked because of file sizes as the last 2 days there have only been a couple of pictures each day.
Any ideas of why I'm not getting pictures to my work email address?

That’s the thing. On my home report the only camera that showed up was the home unit. And I havent got a picture since I got 26 of a couple in there home setting up a camera. It’s seems extremely strange that it would be the only one. I’m going out to switch channels now.
That might have been your camera they had! :emoji_scream:

I posted awhile back about a camera that was going dead unusually fast. I THINK I have it figured out.

My cell transmitter is left-center of the property high on a ridge. There are two cameras low to the west on a creek, and two to the east on the other end of the ridge and down on another creek. There is a fifth camera on a field edge closer to center, then this questionable camera near dead center on the property only 100-150 yards from the transmitter, with a 94-98 signal reading.

When I did a battery swap I left the field edge camera alone as an end-life battery test. It went dead a week after the battery swap. The questionable camera only ran 30-odd days then went dead. When it went dead, I lost the 2 cameras to the east. So the field edge camera and the questionable camera were the links to the cell. I'm guessing feeding the pics from them was what ran down the battery more quickly.

The only issue is that during the 30+ day life of that camera, the total pic output of the whole system was only about 200 pics. Even if they all went through one camera to get back to the cell, it doesn't seem this would deplete the D battery pack.

All I can reference it to is my own battery life which has been definitely better. I changed batteries out at 130+ days. Only one was dead. Most have emailed over 1000 pics. Mine are set on 5sec Delay & 3 picture burst. I did have 1 set of lower quality batteries that both internals and externals died in 25days. What makes it so hard to troubleshoot is the time required to see if a solution works. What booster, camera and batteries are you using?

Spot on Fred. I hate to admit it, but I got frustrated and threw 2 good Cuddeback camera's away a couple of years ago. Later, I learned that the SD cards would not work at all if they were formatted in my old Mac and then put them in the camera's. The batteries would be dead. But IMO, there was no place for camera to store them as the card would not store them. Bought countless new cards and would get pictures 1 time only. I suspect that is the issue a lot of the time.

Matter of fact, as we speak I am analyzing my camera's, as they haven't taken a picture other than TL in 4 days since changing all batteries and cards. From 100-400 pic/day to zero on 7-8 camera's. Odd's are against all camera's having a fault at the same time. Odd's are pretty favorable that is is human error on my part. My brother read and cleared card's for me so I suspect that may be the issue. Sometimes he had to try 2-3 different card readers before it would read. Maybe a card reader related issue?? I also used these same card's in some older camera's?? Never missed a beat before this last change. I don't know what the camera's logic defaults to if the SD card is an issue. Maybe the logic tells it to not take a picture, or maybe it actually takes picture and SD card cannot store it?? I suspect the Report and the Metadata obtain information from the SD card?? "oh well".....

Written by Digicamhelp Editor
Causes of memory card corruption
  • Turning off a camera before an image is completely written to the memory card.
  • Removing the memory card from a camera while an image is being written to the card.
  • Removing the card from a memory card reader while files are still being transferred to a computer.
  • Batteries conking out as files are being transferred directly from the camera to a computer. Note: always make sure you have fully charged batteries before transferring images.
  • Removing the card from a card reader while folders and files from the card are open on a computer.
  • Opening, deleting, renaming or moving files on the card while its contents are open on a computer.
  • Using a memory card which has not been formatted in the camera. Use the delete/erase function when needed, however a card should be regularly formatted.
  • Formatting a card in a computer instead of the camera. Formatting a memory card in a computer can slow down data processing when it’s used in the camera. With some memory cards, formatting via a computer may result in compatibility and operational problems. [Related reading: Why format a memory card]
  • Inserting a second memory card into a card reader before closing and removing the first when viewing images on the card from a computer.
  • Taking photos when camera batteries are nearly empty.
  • Taking photos too rapidly so the camera can not complete writing one image before starting the next.
  • Continually shooting and deleting, shooting and deleting images when the card is full.
  • Letting a memory card get too full before downloading the images to a computer or storage device. Cards that are too full may overwrite the card headers.
  • Using a memory card from one camera in a different camera without formatting it in the new camera first.
Well heck... 4am driving to lease and my human error popped into my pea sized brain like an epiphany! I became so fixated on SD card issues, that I didn’t see the obvious. I wanted to turn off Burst, and did! But unfortunately “off” in this case means zero pics. DI /NI = pictures per detection. Well “ “doodly squat”:emoji_face_palm:

Well heck... 4am driving to lease and my human error popped into my pea sized brain like an epiphany! I became so fixated on SD card issues, that I didn’t see the obvious. I wanted to turn off Burst, and did! But unfortunately “off” in this case means zero pics. DI /NI = pictures per detection. Well “ “doodly squat”:emoji_face_palm:
LOL... I wish I had a nickel for every time I've planted my head up my butt while setting cameras! :emoji_smile:

A friend gave me a brand new camera (non Cuddee) today. I ask him if it took pictures. He said yes, non-stop 14,000 and counting!! Lol Another runaway. I wonder what’s causing this on all these camera’s all of a sudden. I don’t remember this in the past.

No sure if this a possible request or not for cuddeback. Is there something you can do to create a dual authentication for the network. Apparently a neighbor close to mine setup a camera and is using the same channel. This morning, all of my cameras are no longer linked to the home unit. Extremely frustrating that I have to walk all around my property today to change the channel on these things over something that’s out of my control. With other cell cams coming out with shared plans hassles like this would make someone switch pretty quick.
Solution coming soon for this , it will be a firmware update.

I will be following to see how long your system stays up after the channel change, my HOME looses all its nodes DAILY...I'm not fully convinced my nodes are jumping to a different neighboring HOME, since when I reboot mine, it works again for a couple transmissions thru Verizon sending the images I expect, but then it randomly hangs again until I reboot it again...if it was jumping to the neighbors, I would expect to be missing pictures. Unfortunately tech support can't figure it out and wanted it sent back, great timing to be down a week! So, I went one step further replacing the HOME with a brand new one on my $ and it exhibited the same behavior within a day. The only thing I haven't tried is changing the channel since I don't want to be out walking around disturbing everything on my week off to hunt! I'm using the older G-style (like the repeater) cell HOME, not the new K-series camera...perhaps there's a reason this style was obsoleted?

I will be following to see how long your system stays up after the channel change, my HOME looses all its nodes DAILY...I'm not fully convinced my nodes are jumping to a different neighboring HOME, since when I reboot mine, it works again for a couple transmissions thru Verizon sending the images I expect, but then it randomly hangs again until I reboot it again...if it was jumping to the neighbors, I would expect to be missing pictures. Unfortunately tech support can't figure it out and wanted it sent back, great timing to be down a week! So, I went one step further replacing the HOME with a brand new one on my $ and it exhibited the same behavior within a day. The only thing I haven't tried is changing the channel since I don't want to be out walking around disturbing everything on my week off to hunt! I'm using the older G-style (like the repeater) cell HOME, not the new K-series camera...perhaps there's a reason this style was obsoleted?
Maybe that’s part of the firmware update? I was talking to some of the neighbors asking if they knew the people in the photos I recieved. They didn’t which is odd because there isn’t that many houses/cabins around. I guess it’s possible that maybe the issue was on cudde’s side. I just got email someone’s random pictures. No real way of knowing. So far so good with the channel change.

When did yours start happening?

Fwiw I have 3 of the G cell homes and all work flawlessly. I would try to change the location of the home unit if it keeps dropping the remotes. I have remotes that fluctuate from 80 to 15 RF level depending on the weather. Just based on the terrain and that exact position. Different cameras have done it, it's the spot not a camera/cudde issue.

Fwiw I have 3 of the G cell homes and all work flawlessly. I would try to change the location of the home unit if it keeps dropping the remotes. I have remotes that fluctuate from 80 to 15 RF level depending on the weather. Just based on the terrain and that exact position. Different cameras have done it, it's the spot not a camera/cudde issue.
I highly highly doubt it’s the spot. my first camera is 50 yards away and it’s really flat ground.

Quick question about the dual power bank.

If I’m connecting it to a J series camera, do I need to remove the internal batteries?

On the 1st report for the camera it said “ext 1” or something close to that. Each day since it shows “Ok”.

Camera is working fine and I’m running the latest FW (7.7).

For anyone else having this issue, taking the AAs out resolved the problem. I assume it would have switched over when the internal AAs died, but I don’t want to risk that at this time of year. I’ll test that theory in February .

For anyone else having this issue, taking the AAs out resolved the problem. I assume it would have switched over when the internal AAs died, but I don’t want to risk that at this time of year. I’ll test that theory in February .

Same here. I was gonna be smart. I bought an extra external pack and just unplugged one and plugged in another and be on my way. Didn’t work out as planned. I’m not sure if it will revert back to externals after internals die or not. If the internals and caps drain down completely it might. IMO, I’m thinking there’s a type of latching switch that will retain it’s position until power is drained at switch. Although, internal batteries get low enough for camera to not function, there may be enough voltage to keep switch latched. But I am guessing, there’s all kinds of circuit wizardry this day and time. But like you, I will know for sure before next year.