Cuddeback's Cuddelink

read through the manual sheet that was included with the dual power power bank and it should make sense what is going on with your unit. since you are using it on a k , the voltage in the alkaline internals is typically higher than what rechargables can show- you should run the DPB with alkaline in one bank and rechargeable in the other for it to correctly switch from ext 1 to ext 2 on you report.
I do have alkaline in one bank and the tenergy in the other. Thank you for your help John.

Post some of the pics. Wind and sunshine/shadows will cause cams to trigger. It creates a moving heat signature just like an animal or person would.

Normally I would think that the wind could cause this to happen, except now:

1. This camera has been deployed here for over 2 months and has never sent a picture that didn't have at least some sign of life
2. Since 8AM yesterday, it has been continuously taking a picture EVERY minute to 3 minutes....without fail, through entire night, etc. Over 700 pictures since yesterday morning all like the ones I attached.
3. None of my other 5 cameras on same property under same conditions are sending any false positives during this time.

I have had 3 different cams do it they were so sent back to cuddeback for replacement. Totally screws the network especially when they have fresh batteries and extender packs

Did they charge you anything for replacements? I've only had these since April of this year. Did you just call support and go from there?

Attachments

• T_00007.JPG
    T_00007.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 19
  • T_00006.JPG
    T_00006.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 19
  • T_00005.JPG
    T_00005.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 15
  • T_00004.JPG
    T_00004.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 15
  • T_00003.JPG
    T_00003.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 15
  • T_00002.JPG
    T_00002.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 16
  • T_00001 (2).JPG
    T_00001 (2).JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 21
  • T_00031.JPG
    T_00031.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 18
  • T_00030.JPG
    T_00030.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 21
  • T_00029 (1).JPG
    T_00029 (1).JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 20
Ok...call CS.They will issue a RMA and you'll have to send it in. A replacement will be shipped back to you.

Ok...call CS.They will issue a RMA and you'll have to send it in. A replacement will be shipped back to you.

Thanks for your help!

I put my dual power bank out with tenergy rechargeable batteries and the cuddeback solar panel less than 3 weeks ago in an area that gets sunshine all day long. Today it went from OK to EXT-1 OK. I imagine that means the rechargeables are dead and it's running off the alkaline D cells. Pretty unacceptable for the amount of sunshine it gets.
read through the manual sheet that was included with the dual power power bank and it should make sense what is going on with your unit. since you are using it on a k , the voltage in the alkaline internals is typically higher than what rechargables can show- you should run the DPB with alkaline in one bank and rechargeable in the other for it to correctly switch from ext 1 to ext 2 on you report.

The Rayovac’s I’ve been using have been ~1.677v/Cell. That’s ~10v for 6 cells. The Energizer’s that I used were 1.54v = 9.24v. On the Dual, which batteries does it use 1st? If on Solar, when rechargeable’s get low and switch, will it switch back to rechargeable’s when they charge back up?

On these cameras that start taking pics every 1 to 3, is Cuddeback reimbursing for exceeding data plans?

1. This camera has been deployed here for over 2 months and has never sent a picture that didn't have at least some sign of life
2. Since 8AM yesterday, it has been continuously taking a picture EVERY minute to 3 minutes....without fail, through entire night, etc. Over 700 pictures since yesterday morning all like the ones I attached.
3. None of my other 5 cameras on same property

3. None of my other 5 cameras on same property under same conditions are sending any false positives during this time.

Did they charge you anything for replacements? I've only had these since April of this year. Did you just call support and go from there?

I notice on the these pictures that your battery is ~7v, which is close to the end of life for batteries. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Do you have internals?

you cannot set your camera to do this when in cuddelink mode. 1 image per trigger will be sent and/or a 5 second camera delay is the shortest that will send each image. Video mode is disabled when in cuddelink mode, video files are to large to send via RF.

John,
Please confirm this. I read through this entire thread(WOW!) and you mentioned this a few times...that burst and video cannot be utilized while in CL mode. We are thoroughly enjoying 10 G cams reliably sending images to our K cell home cam at our remote Northern WI property. All are set on Surveillance mode with "3 Images and 10Sec Video" per trigger. We are getting pics reliably (I assume the first pic of the series) and I assumed the other pics and video would be stored on the SD for later viewing. I haven't been to the property in a month to check the SD cards in order to confirm.

John,
Please confirm this. I read through this entire thread(WOW!) and you mentioned this a few times...that burst and video cannot be utilized while in CL mode. We are thoroughly enjoying 10 G cams reliably sending images to our K cell home cam at our remote Northern WI property. All are set on Surveillance mode with "3 Images and 10Sec Video" per trigger. We are getting pics reliably (I assume the first pic of the series) and I assumed the other pics and video would be stored on the SD for later viewing. I haven't been to the property in a month to check the SD cards in order to confirm.

You can if you have firmware 7.6.

You can if you have firmware 7.6.
We updated all of our cams to 7.7. Is it then safe to assume that regardless of mode setting (EZ, ADV, SUR) We are only getting 1 pic per trigger on our SD cards. And if so, can we revert to 7.6?

I notice on the these pictures that your battery is ~7v, which is close to the end of life for batteries. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Do you have internals?
Running on external booster (the 6 D battery ones) along with the 4 internal D's. Report says Ext OK for battery. At this rate of pictures I'm sure it will get low within a few days. I'm going out there next week, will try power cycling and if that doesn't work I'll do the RMA.

Question related to trying to understand my early dying camera issue. How does one use CL Level and Links to understand the logistics of their network? My understanding was CL Level was signal back to the transmitter directly, is that incorrect? How does one interpret Links? I still don't think the low volume of pics on my network would explain my camera going down so quickly, but I would like to better understand how to interpret the data.

Question related to trying to understand my early dying camera issue. How does one use CL Level and Links to understand the logistics of their network? My understanding was CL Level was signal back to the transmitter directly, is that incorrect? How does one interpret Links? I still don't think the low volume of pics on my network would explain my camera going down so quickly, but I would like to better understand how to interpret the data.
I have found no way to know your linked path unless you start with 1 camera at a time and wait for report. 1 camera at a time. I have a camera and a repeater that are on my network (same channel) but not sending pictures and not showing up on Home camera, but both show 99 on signal. I turned my home camera off for hours and my other cameras showed good signal. So, I would say it is not to the home camera. But, I may be wrong. Matter of fact when you see all your camera’s show up on Nodes on Home camera or even on Report, it does not mean that it won’t change during the day. I have found that if signal is over 40 it will be less affected when signal swings lower.

Does anyone know at what CL Level does a camera link through another camera to the home unit rather than direct? I placed a camera this afternoon and the it would show was 12. It was within about 200 or 300 yds of a camera that has been consistently 40 or better to the home. Just wondering at what level would it use this camera to pass pics through.

you either need a new fresnel lens or the camera needs to be replaced, if its inside the two year warranty this will be done at no charge. if you data plan is exceeded as a result of this issue. they will work with you to fix that issue as well.

John,
correct burst video function is disabled when in CL mode. Any delay setting less than 5 seconds is not available in firmware 7.7 , in 7.6 or below you can set it for FAP or multiple images per trigger but only the first image will be transmitted. The other images will be saved on the card. Again in 7.7 and future updates 5 second camera delay is the shortest possible when in cuddelink mode. Also, i would not use surveillance mode if you are primarily using your cameras for game detection.

Does anyone know at what CL Level does a camera link through another camera to the home unit rather than direct? I placed a camera this afternoon and the it would show was 12. It was within about 200 or 300 yds of a camera that has been consistently 40 or better to the home. Just wondering at what level would it use this camera to pass pics through.
it will go directly home if possible. IF not it will go link thru another camera, RF level changes constantly and a network will adjust accordingly when needed so all remotes stay connected. Try to hit a cl level of 20 or above on all remotes when you set them. It will transmit below 20 but reliability goes down when its below 20.

I do have alkaline in one bank and the tenergy in the other. Thank you for your help John.
did you remove the internal batteries before hooking up your dual power bank ?

correct burst video function is disabled when in CL mode. Any delay setting less than 5 seconds is not available in firmware 7.7 , in 7.6 or below you can set it for FAP or multiple images per trigger but only the first image will be transmitted. The other images will be saved on the card. Again in 7.7 and future updates 5 second camera delay is the shortest possible when in cuddelink mode. Also, i would not use surveillance mode if you are primarily using your cameras for game detection.
Thanks for the reply John! Just to be clear for other folks out there, the mode options ARE available in the mode menu even after the 7.7 update and you can select them(which is what we have done), but the extra photos and videos will not be saved to the SD. I guess I'm trying to say the options are indeed available, yet when selected, they are not fully functional.

did you remove the internal batteries before hooking up your dual power bank ?
I can’t remember if I did but I don’t think so.
How do the reports sent once a day work? I get mine about 5:00am. Yesterday as I said my Cell went from OK on 10/23 to EXT-1 OK on the report I received at 5:00 on 10/24.
On the report I got this morning my cell is back to OK on 10/25 but it also shows OK for 10/24. Why or how did that change?

Attachments

• 378264BC-071A-4B59-A211-739BEC1937CE.jpeg
    378264BC-071A-4B59-A211-739BEC1937CE.jpeg
    539.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 63A9547D-A958-4D24-989E-A677955D30E1.jpeg
    63A9547D-A958-4D24-989E-A677955D30E1.jpeg
    294.9 KB · Views: 13