Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Getting to be frustrating at this point. It’s been a couple months now. Feel like the new ones should be at major distributors like amazon by now. Cuddeback does take care of you and sends the cords for free but if you buy them directly from cuddeback it’s an additional 10 bucks for shipping and takes 3 days. Don’t mean to sound impatient but I guess amazons fast shipping has spoiled me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
some of you must have missed several posts that i talked about the new 3358 booster, the new version has both style cables in it, an easy way to tell is to insure its in the new box which has pictures of the cuddelink camera on it. If you are ordering anything from AMAZON you are rolling the dice, since you never know who you are actually buying from. If you are hung up on free shipping then find a retailer who offers free shipping and has someone you can actually talk to that knows the product that will insure what you are getting when you buy.
Ive referred many members here to several retailers that actually use cuddelink cameras themselves and can help you get the right product for the job, and they ship the same day! . Several members have listed where they bought products. as well. And on top of that many of them have better prices and will work with you to get you a better deal than you can find on amazon!
sorry for the rant but if you like service and someone that can actually help you with a high tech product , AMAZON isnt the place to buy it and every time someone purchases from them it slowly kills all the retailers who actually can help you!
the new 3358 isnt an after thought, the 3358 was originally designed for a completely different series of cameras that we adapted to work on the G series. Once the old models are gone, all battery accessories you find anywhere will work with any cuddelink camera, We told every retailer what we were doing and sent all of those that responded extra new cables to include with any of the previous 3358 version. ideally we wouldn't have done it this way but its the fastest and simplest way we could get boosters on the market asap.

Is the random picture or pictures of nothing until the batteries are dead a Series G or Series J problem or both? At present I have no Gs only Js and a K and have had no problems to date. But then we have had very little rain since they were deployed.
this issue is typically caused by either a bad sensor or a bad fresnel lens , you can easily replace the fresnel lens yourself and you can get them direct from Cuddeback . if a new lens doesnt fix it you can send your camera back to cuddeback for replacement.

Getting to be frustrating at this point. It’s been a couple months now. Feel like the new ones should be at major distributors like amazon by now. Cuddeback does take care of you and sends the cords for free but if you buy them directly from cuddeback it’s an additional 10 bucks for shipping and takes 3 days. Don’t mean to sound impatient but I guess amazons fast shipping has spoiled me.

some of you must have missed several posts that i talked about the new 3358 booster, the new version has both style cables in it, an easy way to tell is to insure its in the new box which has pictures of the cuddelink camera on it. If you are ordering anything from AMAZON you are rolling the dice, since you never know who you are actually buying from. If you are hung up on free shipping then find a retailer who offers free shipping and has someone you can actually talk to that knows the product that will insure what you are getting when you buy.
Ive referred many members here to several retailers that actually use cuddelink cameras themselves and can help you get the right product for the job, and they ship the same day! . Several members have listed where they bought products. as well. And on top of that many of them have better prices and will work with you to get you a better deal than you can find on amazon!
sorry for the rant but if you like service and someone that can actually help you with a high tech product , AMAZON isnt the place to buy it and every time someone purchases from them it slowly kills all the retailers who actually can help you!
the new 3358 isnt an after thought, the 3358 was originally designed for a completely different series of cameras that we adapted to work on the G series. Once the old models are gone, all battery accessories you find anywhere will work with any cuddelink camera, We told every retailer what we were doing and sent all of those that responded extra new cables to include with any of the previous 3358 version. ideally we wouldn't have done it this way but its the fastest and simplest way we could get boosters on the market asap.

I’ve read your posts John and I don’t think I’ve missed any. You’ve been a stand up guy helping me at every step of the way through getting my cams going, even giving me your cell on a Sunday.

All that being said I am hung up on saving money (free shipping) call me crazy I guess. I have bought several items directly from the cuddeback site. I’m doing my part and the way I see it after two months I shouldn’t be rolling the dice anymore on getting the newest model of a product... I don’t know if this is an amazon error or a cuddeback error but when I’m buying 16 boosters I would like to save money and get them quickly. I Pay for 3 cell plans monthly and own several cameras and accessories how bout a little customer appreciation. I don’t need to be ranted on for wanting amazon to have the latest model.

this issue is typically caused by either a bad sensor or a bad fresnel lens , you can easily replace the fresnel lens yourself and you can get them direct from Cuddeback . if a new lens doesnt fix it you can send your camera back to cuddeback for replacement.

Easy and Cheap too. (~$2). I think my G’s came with the “Wide Angle Lens”, but there is also a “Center Lens”. The shutter control makes it a Center Lens I believe. I bought spares. These lenses are critical to proper detection. Cracked, scratched, wet, dusty, faded all affect the desired pass thru effect to the sensor.

I’ve read your posts John and I don’t think I’ve missed any. You’ve been a stand up guy helping me at every step of the way through getting my cams going, even giving me your cell on a Sunday.

All that being said I am hung up on saving money (free shipping) call me crazy I guess. I have bought several items directly from the cuddeback site. I’m doing my part and the way I see it after two months I shouldn’t be rolling the dice anymore on getting the newest model of a product... I don’t know if this is an amazon error or a cuddeback error but when I’m buying 16 boosters I would like to save money and get them quickly. I Pay for 3 cell plans monthly and own several cameras and accessories how bout a little customer appreciation. I don’t need to be ranted on for wanting amazon to have the latest model.

I understand the desire to save money but I guarantee you if you would have contacted me on where to buy 16 of these i would have saved you money over buying on Amazon and it would have insured you got the right item. - Cuddeback cant control the inventory at Amazon or any of the retailers that sell on Amazon. The problem with ordering anything without talking to a human is the chance of an error is exponentially higher. 2 months is not a long time at all in the retail world for old product to get flushed out or adjusted.
Im not encouraging you or anyone on here to buy direct from Cuddeback - in fact... i dont get paid on anything that is bought directly from cuddeback i only get paid on products that are purchased thru retailers i service. That said If you do buy from Cuddeback directly or a reputable retailer who sells and uses the product you will almost always get what you need.

Easy and Cheap too. (~$2). I think my G’s came with the “Wide Angle Lens”, but there is also a “Center Lens”. The shutter control makes it a Center Lens I believe. I bought spares. These lenses are critical to proper detection. Cracked, scratched, wet, dusty, faded all affect the desired pass thru effect to the sensor.
all correct and something for everyone to be aware of !

Amazon doesn't care which model you get. They only care about selling you the product. And obviously they are going to sell the old product on hand before they sell the new product, which they may not even have in stock. This is 100% on the consumer to make an educated purchase from a reputable dealer. I know I wouldn't risk it. Just my opinion.

This is the security boxes that are causing this issue combined with rain/ humid weather, the cameras don’t have anything wrong with them. I have had same problem that I tried to remedy 3 times who while in the field until my last time in to the remote property to fix the problem cameras I took 2 from my home link system that had been working without a flaw to replace the trouble ones in hopes I could figure out what was wrong with the troubled cams when I got them home. The ones that I put in the troubled spots IMMEDIATELY started having the same issue lots of blank pics til the sd was filled, thankfully I had dialed down the queue to 25 on those spots and to burst 3 so I wouldn’t get stuck again paying for blank pics. Oh and the troubled cams set up on my home system without security boxes and have not had any problems. So next time I go in I will be taking those cams and hanging them out of the boxes. What causes the cameras to have this glitch while in the security boxes I would love to know?
3 of my G series did it before I put them in security boxes and it’s rarely happened since I put them in them.

3 of my G series did it before I put them in security boxes and it’s rarely happened since I put them in them.
Which security boxes do you have? I have the ones that cudde makes not the ones from custom one ent. I have about 15 gs that have run out of boxes for 2 yrs and it hasn’t happened once to them so with the results I have had I know the boxes are the factor that is making some cams go haywire when it’s rainy or humid.

Amazon doesn't care which model you get. They only care about selling you the product. And obviously they are going to sell the old product on hand before they sell the new product, which they may not even have in stock. This is 100% on the consumer to make an educated purchase from a reputable dealer. I know I wouldn't risk it. Just my opinion.

Thank you for stating the obvious

Further more you are just plain wrong. Let’s say john smith who has no idea about habitat talk or who John volkman is catches wind of CuddeLink or let’s say he has been using it and is experiencing battery life issues so he gets on cuddebacks website and seeing they offer a booster, great news! So he starts to reading and by god it say they are compatible with his j series cam. Well johns a little short on cash this month and sees they are 2 dollars more plus 10 for shipping through cuddeback so he says I wonder if amazon sells them cause he’s got amazon prime and that’s great and he’s headed to his farm on Friday and it’s Wednesday and needs them quick. So he goes to amazon and there they are the exact same model number and according to cuddeback website they are compatible.

Sorry that’s not making an uneducated purchase that’s making a misleading purchase. Which is exactly why cuddeback is sending the cords for free. I guarantee there is a rep to be talked to or an extra step that could be made to assure the correct/newest product is being distributed. It’s just a matter of doing it.

This is the security boxes that are causing this issue combined with rain/ humid weather, the cameras don’t have anything wrong with them. I have had same problem that I tried to remedy 3 times who while in the field until my last time in to the remote property to fix the problem cameras I took 2 from my home link system that had been working without a flaw to replace the trouble ones in hopes I could figure out what was wrong with the troubled cams when I got them home. The ones that I put in the troubled spots IMMEDIATELY started having the same issue lots of blank pics til the sd was filled, thankfully I had dialed down the queue to 25 on those spots and to burst 3 so I wouldn’t get stuck again paying for blank pics. Oh and the troubled cams set up on my home system without security boxes and have not had any problems. So next time I go in I will be taking those cams and hanging them out of the boxes. What causes the cameras to have this glitch while in the security boxes I would love to know?
Its not the boxes, tried them with or without boxes and same results

Which security boxes do you have? I have the ones that cudde makes not the ones from custom one ent. I have about 15 gs that have run out of boxes for 2 yrs and it hasn’t happened once to them so with the results I have had I know the boxes are the factor that is making some cams go haywire when it’s rainy or humid.
I have both Cuddeback and Custom 1. It's not the boxes causing the issue as this happened to all 3 cameras before I even put them in one. Actually it rarely happens since I put them in boxes and when it does it's only an hour or so of random nothing instead of filling a SD card.

I have no boxes and I have had no issues and there have seen some monsoon rains. But rain running down face of any camera could possibly cause a false trigger and also see where the box might could prevent it by providing a roof. If it is a big enough concern, I would do something! Move it, adjust it, tilt it or try taking a short piece of PVC cut on a sharp angle and hot glue it over top of sensor like a hood.

Literally anything in front of sensor could cause a trigger. The closer to the sensor the smaller the item can be that could cause a trigger.

The sensor is actually a whole lot smaller than the Fresnel lens. It is smaller than a pencil eraser. If you look at just one half of Fresnel lens, it is a small area. A half circle. Up close, if you move something across about 1/4 of that half of area of lens, it could cause a trigger. Possibly less than 1/4, if the object has enough temperature difference than the opposite side. The object does not necessarily have to have temperature, it just has to block some of the heat from reaching one element, which can cause a trigger.

Last edited:
You must not have read my post thoroughly, in my case it is most certainly the boxes. Sounds like there’s a different issue with your set of cameras because there is no denying the results I had.

I have both Cuddeback and Custom 1. It's not the boxes causing the issue as this happened to all 3 cameras before I even put them in one. Actually it rarely happens since I put them in boxes and when it does it's only an hour or so of random nothing instead of filling a SD card.
Ok well I spoke to soon as thinking my problem was the same as everyone’s problem with the g series false triggers, but in my case (and probably others as well) it is without a question the direct cause of false triggers on my cameras.

Ok well I spoke to soon as thinking my problem was the same as everyone’s problem with the g series false triggers, but in my case (and probably others as well) it is without a question the direct cause of false triggers on my cameras.
I don't know what causes it but in my case a heavy rain seems to trigger it. Like I said, the problem has pretty much gone away since I put them in security boxes. Hopefully you get your issue figured out. I did have to replace a fresnel lens on a camera. Looked like a woodpecker went to town on it and put a hole in it.

I received a 3358 booster last week and it did not have the new style cable in it. This came directly from cuddeback. It was resolved quickly but there are some issues even coming from Cuddeback directly.

As an FYI, changing my settings to 12hrs is working a lot better for me with having a timer on my cell signal booster. Also I think setting the camera to the right time so it sends when the booster is on helps a lot too. Anywho I am getting my pics twice a day now without issue. Not getting many pics but this is because the public land around me has a ton of acorns and my property basically has none. The deer simply aren't coming on to my property as much. Should start changing here soon.