Cuddeback's Cuddelink

So I checked the cam I was having an issue with. This cam was set to take 1 time lapse pic every 24 hrs in addition to cuddelink mode. I hadn't received any cuddelink pics since Sept 27 and no timelapse pics since Sept 29. It still showed on the daily report and everything looked good. When I opened the front cover (G series) it was in armed mode but the display was reading " bat ok " like it would if you scroll through the options after arming the cam. The cam wasn't tampered with. There were no signs of damage from animals and I can't figure out how it entered that option by itself. The cam was operational for several weeks since I last moved it. Anybody have any ideas?

On my daily report I have a red exclamation mark beside the location ID number, what does this mean?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

On my daily report I have a red exclamation mark beside the location ID number, what does this mean?

You have 2 cams with the same loc number

Thanks, that makes sense.

So I checked the cam I was having an issue with. This cam was set to take 1 time lapse pic every 24 hrs in addition to cuddelink mode. I hadn't received any cuddelink pics since Sept 27 and no timelapse pics since Sept 29. It still showed on the daily report and everything looked good. When I opened the front cover (G series) it was in armed mode but the display was reading " bat ok " like it would if you scroll through the options after arming the cam. The cam wasn't tampered with. There were no signs of damage from animals and I can't figure out how it entered that option by itself. The cam was operational for several weeks since I last moved it. Anybody have any ideas?
Did it take any pics from when you last armed it?

I thought I had the Unlimited Plan, but I actually have the 2000pic/100MB Plan. I just hit my overage charge of $5/1000pic/50MB. I estimated I hit 2500+ pics before I went over. My night pics are avg 31-35KB each and only on bright sunshine, middle of day does the day pics go over 40kb ea. Very few over 50KB. But even with the overage I am still coming out better than the unlimited for another $180 more per yr. I can pay overage 36 times before it would equal same price as annual. Paying the overage 36 times would equate to 40,000+ more pics. I'm over 5000+ pics since activation in June.

On this morning's report, 2 camera's hit "Ext Low" at 118 days. One of them has shown "Ext Low" off and on for 2 weeks.

Did it take any pics from when you last armed it?
It took some of me when I walked in front to test it and it also took a timelapse pic. That was yesterday. Today I haven't received the time lapse pic and it's several hours past when it should have. I also had another G series that missed it's timelapse today as well. Idk what's going on.

Edit: it could be a connection issue...we have had some bad weather today. I'll give it a few days. Tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same weather.

Good advice. Turns out, it's a remote, not the home. I did get their pic.

Plaster it all over FB in the area and someone will know the thief.

I thought I had the Unlimited Plan, but I actually have the 2000pic/100MB Plan. I just hit my overage charge of $5/1000pic/50MB. I estimated I hit 2500+ pics before I went over. My night pics are avg 31-35KB each and only on bright sunshine, middle of day does the day pics go over 40kb ea. Very few over 50KB. But even with the overage I am still coming out better than the unlimited for another $180 more per yr. I can pay overage 36 times before it would equal same price as annual. Paying the overage 36 times would equate to 40,000+ more pics. I'm over 5000+ pics since activation in June.

On this morning's report, 2 camera's hit "Ext Low" at 118 days. One of them has shown "Ext Low" off and on for 2 weeks.

I forget my settings on the J cameras but I used 30.26 MB for 1055 pics so I am averaging 28.7 kb per pic overall. LIke you said the daylight pics are higher kb than the nighttime pics. Pic quality is plenty good enough for me in a remote situation.

It took some of me when I walked in front to test it and it also took a timelapse pic. That was yesterday. Today I haven't received the time lapse pic and it's several hours past when it should have. I also had another G series that missed it's timelapse today as well. Idk what's going on.

Edit: it could be a connection issue...we have had some bad weather today. I'll give it a few days. Tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same weather.

The Time Lapse goes in the queue. The queue has to reach what CC Rate is set at, unless it’s at time of report, which will transmit just 1 or 2 pics if that’s all that’s in the queue. I’m at least 2-3 hrs behind from real time most of the time.

The Time Lapse goes in the queue. The queue has to reach what CC Rate is set at, unless it’s at time of report, which will transmit just 1 or 2 pics if that’s all that’s in the queue. I’m at least 2-3 hrs behind from real time most of the time.
I have all my cel homes set to 1 hour. I get them on time most days. Sometimes weather plays a factor and they are delayed a bit.

The 3358 external hooked to my transmitter unit just went to Ext Low after 137 days. To anyone who ran this system last year, how severely does fall/winter impact battery life? If I can get 80 days from the internals without having to mess with the transmitter that would get me through the season.

Probably wishful thinking here but is it possible to make these cameras Bluetooth compatible to see where the camera is aiming? I hung two cameras yesterday that I wish were angled just a little different. Maybe a thought for the future or asking too much?
08E68A82-406D-4310-A89E-E37053790C0F.jpegA48104A3-F456-429B-BC51-94AC4779C65C.jpeg

Probably wishful thinking here but is it possible to make these cameras Bluetooth compatible to see where the camera is aiming? I hung two cameras yesterday that I wish were angled just a little different. Maybe a thought for the future or asking too much?
View attachment 26580View attachment 26581

What I've started doing is taking a test image, removing the card, and viewing the pic on my phone. Make any adjustments afterwards. It takes a little more time but you can get them set perfect.

What I've started doing is taking a test image, removing the card, and viewing the pic on my phone. Make any adjustments afterwards. It takes a little more time but you can get them set perfect.
That’s a good idea. I’ll make sure I do that next time.

The 3358 external hooked to my transmitter unit just went to Ext Low after 137 days. To anyone who ran this system last year, how severely does fall/winter impact battery life? If I can get 80 days from the internals without having to mess with the transmitter that would get me through the season.
80 days on the internal 4 would be on the high end of expectations.

View attachment 26580View attachment 26581
test mode allows you to walk in front of the camera and see the red led light up when you cross the detection zone.

I haven’t been online in a while. I scrolled back a decent ways but have not found an answer.
Any update on when the dual power bank and solar panel will be stocked up?

I haven’t been online in a while. I scrolled back a decent ways but have not found an answer.
Any update on when the dual power bank and solar panel will be stocked up?
got to page 138 post #2756 for an update on the dual power bank - dual power bank is available now , solar panel for it is not

Got batteries in and home unit back on. Lasted 4 days and says dead and wont come back on. I have tried 6 packs of new batteries and home unit will not turn on. Any fixes?