Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I’d like to note from experience. Cuddeback is just now shipping the new cables as I bought two boosters this past week and neither had the new cable which is a let down when the website says the k and g series is compatible with the 3358. I called and they took care of me and also said they are just now including the new cable with the booster so if you are ordering from amazon I wouldn’t expect to get the new cable for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought one from Cuddeback a couple weeks ago and it had both cables. I thought for a minute that it didn’t but then it fell out from somewhere. Not sure if it was an older box that they added a cord to or not. It was a day after John Announced they were in so that is why I ordered direct as I figured retailers wouldn’t have the new cords.

If I put out the new cell home unit. Will it download all the pics from the remote cameras or only new pics? I don’t want to pay for data for pics that I have pulled off the non-cell home unit before.

If a remote camera is in range of the home unit and a repeater how does the system know what to do?

Anyone have any recommendations for D size rechargeables? I see Tenergy makes several different types. I ended up ordering the dual cell camera instead of the home. I still had a ton of Cabelas points and they had a labor day discount. Figure that way if I ever want to use it away from the cabin I would have another camera.

Curious if anyone is running both G series and J series and your thoughts on if the G series are worth the extra money. I have a G series system running for a little over a year. I’m definitely satisfied with the cams/system and I’m debating whether to invest in another batch of cuddelinks for another property. The price savings is around 2k on J vs G for a 15 camera set. My neighbor purchased few J series bundles and I helped him set everything up the other day. Looking at the initial pics of his emails(day pics) I didn’t notice any difference in quality with his settings set exactly as mime. Also, are the battery packs a necessity with the J’s too?

I have 2 of the standard antennas from when I swapped them out with the high gain antennas. Or you can order the high gain antennas from here: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/taoglas-limited/TG.30.8111/931-1209-ND/3724552

Thanks, I ordered 2 from digikey. Do they work better, I'm in a marginal call area, but it would normally connect.

Curious if anyone is running both G series and J series and your thoughts on if the G series are worth the extra money. I have a G series system running for a little over a year. I’m definitely satisfied with the cams/system and I’m debating whether to invest in another batch of cuddelinks for another property. The price savings is around 2k on J vs G for a 15 camera set. My neighbor purchased few J series bundles and I helped him set everything up the other day. Looking at the initial pics of his emails(day pics) I didn’t notice any difference in quality with his settings set exactly as mime. Also, are the battery packs a necessity with the J’s too?

I have a mix of j and g I don’t notice a difference. I have solar panels for my j series I’ve had one die that was in the woods after 3 weeks. I’d say the battery packs are necessary if you are in the woods with limited direct sun light. My woods is 5 hours away so I bought booster packs/solar panels for everything.

I have 2 of the standard antennas from when I swapped them out with the high gain antennas. Or you can order the high gain antennas from here: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/taoglas-limited/TG.30.8111/931-1209-ND/3724552

Thanks, I ordered 2 from digikey. Do they work better, I'm in a marginal call area, but it would normally connect.

Yes they work better. I had regular antennas that wouldn’t get a signal when I put the high gain ones on it worked fine.

I’ve been struggling linking all cameras on my hilly, thick woods. Its a new club, so I’ve been moving cams around a good bit. I’ve experimented with a wire hanging from antenna called a “Rat-Tail”. Believe it or not, it increased one camera from 6-Weak to 30-Good, see pics. On another, it went from no signal to 6-Weak, but it’s linked at 6. I took a video of it, but it is too big to post. It takes some patience, you have to wait for Signal status (blinking) to update 3-6 times. It will not help much if you’re under a hill. But I’ve 5 of 6 cameras connected for first time. I’m still trying different lengths of wire. I’ve tested ~19” and 9”, and so far, it seems the 9” is better. I didn’t have wire cutters or I would have tried cutting 1/4” at a time and testing.

Also, I found that if I tilted antenna away from tree, just slightly, the signal improved just a little.

Attachments

• C87E920C-3211-49C6-81F1-0A54F047A225.jpeg
    C87E920C-3211-49C6-81F1-0A54F047A225.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 1B748FA5-8DF6-4C22-A7FE-2DD64612B6EF.jpeg
    1B748FA5-8DF6-4C22-A7FE-2DD64612B6EF.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I have a K camera linked with a J camera and haven’t received a email with photos or status report since August 31. Does anybody know what might be going on. I have attached a photo of my most recent status reports up to the 31.972B3930-D27C-4E93-B889-BE7429FE47AB.png

I have a K camera linked with a J camera and haven’t received a email with photos or status report since August 31. Does anybody know what might be going on. I have attached a photo of my most recent status reports up to the 31.View attachment 26031
Cell service plan? Weather ?

I have G and J cameras sending to a K cell. I really don't notice a difference. When the system first came out I bough the J 4 pack and a Home unit but because at that time there wasn't any battery options like now (solar, 3358 etc) I sold them all cheap and bought Gs. I added a couple Js with the D cell battery pack and have everything hooked to the 3358 battery packs and honestly if I wasn't running the double strobe on 3 of the G cameras I'd buy all Js.

I’ve been struggling linking all cameras on my hilly, thick woods. Its a new club, so I’ve been moving cams around a good bit. I’ve experimented with a wire hanging from antenna called a “Rat-Tail”. Believe it or not, it increased one camera from 6-Weak to 30-Good, see pics. On another, it went from no signal to 6-Weak, but it’s linked at 6. I took a video of it, but it is too big to post. It takes some patience, you have to wait for Signal status (blinking) to update 3-6 times. It will not help much if you’re under a hill. But I’ve 5 of 6 cameras connected for first time. I’m still trying different lengths of wire. I’ve tested ~19” and 9”, and so far, it seems the 9” is better. I didn’t have wire cutters or I would have tried cutting 1/4” at a time and testing.

Also, I found that if I tilted antenna away from tree, just slightly, the signal improved just a little.
Can you send me a picture of where you have it attached to the antenna? I have one camera way out in the thick stuff and it sounds like this might help.

I have four J-1415 and a home unit 1385 and looking to get another four pack of the 1415 and maybe a G-5086 for a field. Anyway I bought 2 solar panels for the J's and 5 Cuddepower 3358 (the old models originally for C and E units).

1. I bought the 3358 units as earlier in the summer it was mentioned on this thread that a compatible cord would be available separately this summer for hooking up to the J. Is this going to be available soon or has anyone made their own and would be able to provide specs etc? It looks like the new 3358 have both cords.

2. I was wanting to use the solar kit on my home unit next to my shed. Again the cord that came with mine is black end and will not fit. I see on Cudddeback website 2 cords are shipped with the solar for J's. Will this be available soon or has someone rigged something they can share?

Thanks for any responses. I would like to get the new cameras and battery packs or solar kits out mid-September then leave them alone for the season.

Weather has been clear, and cell plan is the prepaid yearly plan
I would take a trip to check on the camera. It could be a host of things.

I have four J-1415 and a home unit 1385 and looking to get another four pack of the 1415 and maybe a G-5086 for a field. Anyway I bought 2 solar panels for the J's and 5 Cuddepower 3358 (the old models originally for C and E units).

1. I bought the 3358 units as earlier in the summer it was mentioned on this thread that a compatible cord would be available separately this summer for hooking up to the J. Is this going to be available soon or has anyone made their own and would be able to provide specs etc? It looks like the new 3358 have both cords.

2. I was wanting to use the solar kit on my home unit next to my shed. Again the cord that came with mine is black end and will not fit. I see on Cudddeback website 2 cords are shipped with the solar for J's. Will this be available soon or has someone rigged something they can share?

Thanks for any responses. I would like to get the new cameras and battery packs or solar kits out mid-September then leave them alone for the season.
I made my own. One end from the charger from the solar kit and the other from one of the cable end from the 3358

I made my own cords for the J series and 3358 battery booster. Very easy if you have a soldering station, shrink tubing, etc. I bought the adapter end for the J series from digikey. Here is the link: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/tensility-international-corp/CA-2198/CP-2198-ND/568588 I'm pretty sure the Cudde adapter cord will be available real soon. John would know and does a great job of providing info here. Not sure about the solar cords, but again, John can help there too.

This is very intriguing. Any more than info on placement etc?

They are available on Cuddeback ‘s webpage and it was mentioned on the Facebook page Cuddeback digital that they are now available.

1. I bought the 3358 units as earlier in the summer it was mentioned on this thread that a compatible cord would be available separately this summer for hooking up to the J. Is this going to be available soon or has anyone made their own and would be able to provide specs etc? It looks like the new 3358 have both cords. The cables that allow the 3358 to be hooked up to the J series are now available, contact your dealer, or Cudddbeakc directly to purchase one. The new 3358 include both and most dealers that had old 3358 boosters were sent extra cables, but confirm 100% with the dealer that he has them before purchasing an old 3358.

2. I was wanting to use the solar kit on my home unit next to my shed. Again the cord that came with mine is black end and will not fit. I see on Cudddeback website 2 cords are shipped with the solar for J's. Will this be available soon or has someone rigged something they can share? You need an adapter to run a solar with a G, they are currently sold out at cuddeback but there are some dealers with sock of these. Farmstead archery did have some the other day so that is one place you could check. You can also buy a new 3358 and hook it up to your home unit, this would give you 120+ days of life.