All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

In the text notes, included with unzipped files, the K model wasn't included for this update. I updated all my Gs yesterday but passed on the K. Sounds like the K accepted the update without issues. Good to know.

My K also accepted 7.7 without a problem. With the K being fairly new, I assume they just forgot to update the notes.

When in Cuddelink Mode FAP is disabled. It remains in the manual in case a user is running the camera without cuddelink mode on( very rare IMO). CL delay is now linked directly to the camera Delay the user chooses insuring that all images are sent home.
The manual and online help could always be better...... but if we eliminated all the questions that can be answered already in our manual, this thread would be 2 pages instead of 132:emoji_wink: . I know nobody likes to read manuals, im one of those people.
The cameras are larger than most but they need to be if we want battery power to be sufficient, theres that limitation thing again... its a trade off on what is more important at the current time and how can we design them to work the best.
I would love to see a very simple camera that can be turned on and hung on the tree and thats it, but to do so we would have to limit many of the options that people want and if we did so there would be 100's of comments on threads like this asking why cant the camera do this?, or do that? or i wish it would do this! etc etc. That said, it may happen someday but we would almost certainly need multiple models to accomplish this and keep all of our users happy.
I do think prime time will be a useful tool to many. i plan on using it late season over my food plots , when scouting turkeys in the spring and a few other instances, its not for everyone but we are continually trying to build the cameras so that they do anything and everything the consumer wants.
if you want FAP And multiple images per trigger you would need to turn off cuddelink mode and go to each camera. Or do not update to 7.7 and you still will need to go to the camera when in cuddelink mode to retrieve images beyond the first image inside 5 seconds. Multiple images inside 5 second delays are not transmitted when using cuddelink. These are the limitations of the system , if they dont fit your needs you need to weigh what is more important to you, the many advantages of not having to physically go to each camera or the need to have multiple images taken inside of 5 seconds.
if we could wave a wand and make it accomplish everything everyone wanted in every possible conceivable way i would, but thats not the case.
Move your zone setting to centered will help(but not guarantee) you get the image you want in the center of the frame at any distance. Especially when using the g series.

Thanks John, You're a great asset to us that use this site. To be honest with you, I think the update will be necessary in the future in one way or the other just like the cell phone do it. IMO, trading multiple pic capability for Prime Time is not a good tradeoff. All PT does is save battery life and a number of networked pictures. What is the limitations of multiple pic capability? If the subsequent pics just go to the SD card and not networked what does it matter? I've bought 100's of dollars worth of external packs and batteries to deal with battery consumption. I cannot help but to believe there's more to it. Is the multiple pic capability causing a glitch, for instance the runaways? or increasing cell usage?

I can probably live without it, maybe.. Most people buy Cudde for the Link and most of the people that don't buy Cudde's are for the lack of pictures. Burst mode helps in that sense.

Will new cameras have capability to revert to lower revision?

Ok. I got a cell booster at camp so I have great cell coverage inside my cabin. Still testing but signal drops off outside substantially. Anyway I am thinking about getting a cell home unit to put in cabin and then put a camera outside to act as a repeater so it would relay pics from remote cameras to the cell home. Anyone see any issues with that?

Ok here are some test pics with and without the Moultrie flash extenders (I used both the 850 and 940i). The camera used is J series black flash 1422, except pic 3. Settings: 1 image, 5 sec delay, Far, 5 mp.

Pic 1: no flash extender
View attachment 24994
Pic 2: 850, high flash setting
View attachment 24995
Pic 3: G series Powerhouse IR, no flash extender
View attachment 25001
Pic 4: 940i, high flash setting
View attachment 25002

As you can see they make quite a difference for the black flash cams. If you shop around they can be had for under $25 w/ shipping. I feel like that's a qfair price for the performance they deliver. They also fired on every pic taken, that was with a 5 sec delay. Some units were pretty finicky with how the photocell was aimed. But once you get it right they work. I had the flash extender mounted right above the camera but will play with remote mounting to see how far I can separate the 2. Hope this helps some people.

Bought one of these, it definitely adds a good bit of light. I’m still playing with distance and angles. Trying not to overlap the camera flash too much.

Ok. I got a cell booster at camp so I have great cell coverage inside my cabin. Still testing but signal drops off outside substantially. Anyway I am thinking about getting a cell home unit to put in cabin and then put a camera outside to act as a repeater so it would relay pics from remote cameras to the cell home. Anyone see any issues with that?

Sorry to change the subject, but what kind, brand cell booster did you get?

Sorry to change the subject, but what kind, brand cell booster did you get?
I bought a weboost. Model is 470103. I had to get a 12v adapter since we only have a 12v system. Pricey but with my FIL not being the best health it is nice to have a cell connection. It was very spotty before and I could never text pics. I can now text pics.

I should add that you have to have some signal for it to work. It just amplifies the small amount of signal. No signal would still be no signal.

I should add that you have to have some signal for it to work. It just amplifies the small amount of signal. No signal would still be no signal.

I have 3-4 bars outside, but I have steel siding, and a steel roof, with no signal inside.

Bought one of these, it definitely adds a good bit of light. I’m still playing with distance and angles. Trying not to overlap the camera flash too much.
How does the remote flash trigger? Does it sense the light from the camera's LEDs cast downfield and fire or what?

I have 3-4 bars outside, but I have steel siding, and a steel roof, with no signal inside.
It will work great then. I only had 1 bar outside.

Here is where I bought and everything I got. 02B822CF-B330-4A42-A38A-1DD9B6C38616.pngA0844223-15DD-477A-9E8F-F408A335A217.png

How does the remote flash trigger? Does it sense the light from the camera's LEDs cast downfield and fire or what?
Yes. There is a sensor that "see's" the flash that causes it to fire the LED's. They are very similar to remote slave flashes used by homebrewers.

Yes. There is a sensor that "see's" the flash that causes it to fire the LED's. They are very similar to remote slave flashes used by homebrewers.
Thanks! Does the remote flash need direct line of sight with the camera's flash or is it seeing the camera's light down-range?

Yes, I’ll post pic when I can. But you can see difference

Thanks! Does the remote flash need direct line of sight with the camera's flash or is it seeing the camera's light down-range?
I have mine slightly angled away from my camera

Any suggestions on which cell to buy? I don’t need one with a camera but it looks like the home ones are close to the same price? How is battery life in cell home unit vs the camera? Can you add a power bank to the cell home unit?

Has anyone set a camera up as a repeater? Any issues? Any issues setting up repeater close to home camera? If home camera gets signal from remote does the pics go directly there or do they go to repeater then home?

Ok. I got a cell booster at camp so I have great cell coverage inside my cabin. Still testing but signal drops off outside substantially. Anyway I am thinking about getting a cell home unit to put in cabin and then put a camera outside to act as a repeater so it would relay pics from remote cameras to the cell home. Anyone see any issues with that?[/QUOTI don't I would think it will work fine.

Any suggestions on which cell to buy? I don’t need one with a camera but it looks like the home ones are close to the same price? How is battery life in cell home unit vs the camera? Can you add a power bank to the cell home unit?
Yes you can add the booster to the cell home

My cell home is on a pole on the roof of my cabin. I don't know what could have done it, but both of the antennas that come out the top of the camera are tore up. I messed with them, trying to put the plastic part back over the wire, and now it isn't sending. I went to cuddeback site and they are sold out. Does anyone know where I can get the two antenna that come out the top of the cell home?