All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Im about to unload 9 Cameras and a home unit.
This is getting frustrating, I had another camera take 9000 pics in 3 days randomly. This is the 2nd camera I had do this, first one Cuddeback sent me a new one. It was deployed for 15 days then decided to go nuts. Problem I have is its 4 hours away and limited time to go get it. Plus its irritating to know your chewing through battery life for pics that are worthless. I also have a camera that takes random pics in rainstorms. I never had any other brand cameras take thousands of pics of nothing and I owned a lot of brands. I like the concept of the cameras, especially being so far away to check them, but the need to resolve some problems they have

This is getting frustrating, I had another camera take 9000 pics in 3 days randomly. This is the 2nd camera I had do this, first one Cuddeback sent me a new one. It was deployed for 15 days then decided to go nuts. Problem I have is its 4 hours away and limited time to go get it. Plus its irritating to know your chewing through battery life for pics that are worthless. I also have a camera that takes random pics in rainstorms. I never had any other brand cameras take thousands of pics of nothing and I owned a lot of brands. I like the concept of the cameras, especially being so far away to check them, but the need to resolve some problems they have
I’ve had 2 G series cameras do the same thing. 1 was replaced and the other seemed to fix itself. Then there was a thunderstorm and 100s and 100s of random pictures. Then it was fine again.

Where you unloading them at?

Yes! This is why you don't want to rely on a standard multi-meter to test batteries unless it has a dedicated battery load test circuit such as the Innova 3320 (what I use). But a good quality small cell battery tester is a reliable and much more convenient tool... no fumbling with probes and rolling batteries.
Fred, I have a cheap multimeter that just measures volts in my D batteries. Works great on new batteries but on used ones I’d like to have the option to do a battery load test like the Innova 3320 does. Is there a specific setting for just testing the voltage of batteries? I want to easily do a battery load test like the 3320 does without losing the ability to do a simple voltage check.

Yes... see picture below with specific and separate battery load test in upper left. But you can also use your cheap multimeter to do a load test if you just clip a resistor (radio shack) between your tester leads. The resistor will provide the load (see video below). But multimeters are such a PITA to use (for me anyway) because I fumble around with leads and rolling batteries. A good dedicated battery load tester where you just pop the battery in are pretty cheap and way more convenient. Also, don't be fooled that a brand new battery can be tested for voltage (not under load) and be guaranteed good! If it has high internally resistance it is a reject and a load test will catch it.

Video on using multimeter with a resistor to load test

Innova 3320 (edited typo of 3220)
41xB9KGxQzL.jpg

Last edited:
Yes... see picture below with specific and separate battery load test in upper left. But you can also use your cheap multimeter to do a load test if you just clip a resistor (radio shack) between your tester leads. The resistor will provide the load (see video below). But multimeters are such a PITA to use (for me anyway) because I fumble around with leads and rolling batteries. A good dedicated battery load tester where you just pop the battery in are pretty cheap and way more convenient. Also, don't be fooled that a brand new battery can be tested for voltage (not under load) and be guaranteed good! If it has high internally resistance it is a reject and a load test will catch it.

Innova 3220
View attachment 25512
Fred I just did a quick google search and can't find the Innova 3220, but lots of 3320's, has the 3320 replaced the 3220?

Fred I just did a quick google search and can't find the Innova 3220, but lots of 3320's, has the 3320 replaced the 3220?
I’m going to assume you are ribbing Fred, since the one pictured is a 3320.

That was a typo on my part David... 3320 is what I meant.

View attachment 25512
Good point about testing even new batteries under a load. I’m probably going to pick up one of these 3320s unless someone else recommends a good inexpensive dedicated battery load tester like you mentioned.

I’m going to assume you are ribbing Fred, since the one pictured is a 3320.
Nope I was just going by what Fred said.

View attachment 25512

I think everyone’s looking for “Green-Good”, “Red- Bad”. But it’s a little more technical than that.

The 3320 specs shows Green =1.30v @ 10ma. This does not tell you the capacity remaining or how long battery will last. It tells you that you had those values for a few seconds. If you ran that test for 1hr, you could approximate mah value. You also have to consider that a camera uses a constant current at rest but pulses with flashes. This test is only an approximation.

See Mah Test (https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-measure-mah-with-a-multimeter).

Powerhouse test data:
Starting voltage- 6.02v Alkalines
At Rest- 5.6v/20ma/1w
Blackflash- 5.52/60ma/3w

With D cell batteries @ .88/ea, it’s not worth all the trouble.

Last edited:
Any idea when the new dual powerbanks with adapter cables or just the cables will be available? Have a boatload of cameras sitting around waiting on them. Realized the old cords and extenders no longer fit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Any idea when the new dual powerbanks with adapter cables or just the cables will be available? Have a boatload of cameras sitting around waiting on them. Realized the old cords and extenders no longer fit.

we will have cables and battery accessories any day now that will allow a battery accessory such as the 3358 booster to work on any cuddelink camera. they are in transit, just need to arrive , get checked in and shipped out to dealers etc. The new dual power bank are scheduled to have some arrive in a august with a large shipment in september.

we will have cables and battery accessories any day now that will allow a battery accessory such as the 3358 booster to work on any cuddelink camera. they are in transit, just need to arrive , get checked in and shipped out to dealers etc. The new dual power bank are scheduled to have some arrive in a august with a large shipment in september.
Thanks I may be waiting to put mine up then.

My plan is monthly. Do I have to renew every month? I did not get the usual report at 4:30 a.m. this morning.

John, the Cuddeback has a built in Battery Load Test. In the Exif Data from the picture it records BL and BP. What do these relate to?

29D62523-838C-4D99-A51E-A5CF91F44195.jpeg

A3A8512D-217E-4A7D-B4EC-B5DB50B6C38A.jpeg
FF3C7015-D536-4B86-84CE-5F6EBA053D34.jpeg
7AFFC03E-322D-4AB5-B81F-CD2B843E2B75.jpeg

My plan is monthly. Do I have to renew every month? I did not get the usual report at 4:30 a.m. this morning.
no it auto renews until you stop your plan- if you didnt check the overage box it will stop once you meet you data limit until he new month starts. at times a report wont transmit because of weather conditions etc.

no it auto renews until you stop your plan- if you didnt check the overage box it will stop once you meet you data limit until he new month starts. at times a report wont transmit because of weather conditions etc.
This morning was the first time I didn’t get a report too. I went out and checked the camera and it was still on and sent a test. I’m not over for the month and even if I was wouldn’t the $5 per 50MB over kick in?

2 of my 4 cell units didn't send a report this morning as well. It is a rare occurrence but it happens. I'm just a little paranoid about the 1 K cam. I had a bear issue last week and had to swap it out with another that i had on hand. Hopefully it's just a network issue. I also haven't received any pics from those 2 units since 9 pm yesterday.

I havent received pics from my k cam in 2 days. It's the end of my 1st month using it. It took way less than the 750 pics so I dont believe that's the issue. Not sure what to do.