Cuddeback's Cuddelink

On daily report, under “HW Version”, what are the camera designations? Ex: K-23, G3+, etc.

On daily report, under “HW Version”, what are the camera designations? Ex: K-23, G3+, etc.
It's the camera model code plus the flash module code....

G, J, K camera models

1 = double barrel white flash module
2 = standard red IR flash module (850nm)
3 = standard black IR flash module (940nm)
23 = standard red and black IR dual flash module
2+ = PowerHouse red IR flash module
3+ = PowerHouse black IR flash module

It's the camera model code plus the flash module code....

G, J, K camera models

1 = double barrel white flash module
2 = standard red IR flash module (850nm)
3 = standard black IR flash module (940nm)
23 = standard red and black IR dual flash module
2+ = PowerHouse red IR flash module
3+ = PowerHouse black IR flash module

FredG, you and John are “Sages”. Definition: “a very wise person, widely respected for his wisdom, experience, and judgement.” Elderly was in definition, but I took that out! Lol

The key if you are in marginal cell service is to make sure you have high gain antennas , put the cell unit in the best possible location on the property and be aware of weather conditions.
High humidity and leaf cover will restrict the cuddelink rf signal but this will improve dramatically in low humidity and after leaf fall. We are approaching the most challenging time of year which is July and August , if you have a good signal this time of year it will only improve during other periods of the year.

I feel my transmitter is in the best possible position without taking unreasonable efforts (dragging a 20ft ladder out there). High gain antennas will arrive Tuesday and be installed the following weekend. Missed another morning report today, morning seems to be the issue. It sent at the next interval, 6pm. The issue does not appear to be RF between cameras, all are 20 signal or above, most above 60.

Does one need to aim the high gain antennas? I have a GENERAL idea where the closest cell towers are.

The following web page may be of some help....
http://www.fireebok.com/resource/how-to-view-photo-exif-data-on-windows-mac-
downloaded 3 apps on iPhone with some detail. On MacBook, I used EXIFDATA.com and it worked great!

On my iPhone if gives GPS coordinates and even a map with a pin where pic was taken!
That’s kinda scary!

It doesn’t show any GPS locations on a couple of images on Habitat Talk that I experimented with, but I tried on a fishing pic my son had text me and it shows the coordinates and map view of the bend in river where he caught it!

I feel my transmitter is in the best possible position without taking unreasonable efforts (dragging a 20ft ladder out there). High gain antennas will arrive Tuesday and be installed the following weekend. Missed another morning report today, morning seems to be the issue. It sent at the next interval, 6pm. The issue does not appear to be RF between cameras, all are 20 signal or above, most above 60.

Does one need to aim the high gain antennas? I have a GENERAL idea where the closest cell towers are.

I had to go with the 20 ft ladder to get a good LTE signal. I don't know if you have to aim the antennas but I did just in case.

Attachments

• CL.jpg
    CL.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 30
I had to go with the 20 ft ladder to get a good LTE signal. I don't know if you have to aim the antennas but I did just in case.

Is your clock set correctly? I assume you have Time Lapse set for 6pm?

Try turning one one the antennas perpendicular to the other, like a "T". Then experiment with rotating the "T" little at a time. Do you have good cell phone signal? Do you have foggy mornings? Have you tried the other side of your house? If all fails, try a cell booster.

Raising antenna may not necessarily help, unless you have a mountain or building between you and the tower.

It's not going to related to your RF signal of remotes.

Last edited:
If I purchase a cuddelink dual flash cell home camera Verizon, what are the email plan options? Is there a $10 plan like the K-5789 has? I'm trying to weigh my options on which unit is best for the money.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Is your clock set correctly? I assume you have CC Rate set for 6pm?

Try turning one one the antennas perpendicular to the other, like a "T". Then experiment with rotating the "T" little at a time. Do you have good cell phone signal? Do you have foggy mornings? Have you tried the other side of your house? If all fails, try a cell booster.

Raising antenna may not necessarily help, unless you have a mountain or building between you and the tower.

It's not going to related to your RF signal of remotes.[/QUOTE
If I purchase a cuddelink dual flash cell home camera Verizon, what are the email plan options? Is there a $10 plan like the K-5789 has? I'm trying to weigh my options on which unit is best for the money.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

https://www.cuddeback.com/cell-info#cell-plans

I didn't have to turn the antennas any certain direction. I tested my Cell Homes using just one of the high gain antennas and one factory antenna.
They worked fine with one of each. I've had RF levels to be as low as 12 and send pictures.

I didn't have to turn the antennas any certain direction. I tested my Cell Homes using just one of the high gain antennas and one factory antenna.
They worked fine with one of each. I've had RF levels to be as low as 12 and send pictures.

The CL Level is just for remote camera connection to another camera. You can seen if they are all connected also on home camera under Nodes.

The report is sent via cellular signal. I do not think the home has cell signal indicator. You can do a CC Test and see if send you an email. Especially handy if you have email on your phone. You can check while standing by camera.

Today was only the second time I didn’t get my morning report or pics. I assume if there is a signal issue when it tries to send it must not try again? Thinking of trying the high gain antennas.

Have you received a report yet? I haven't had a report sent since 6/28. I received the report on 6/28 at 4:30 AM and some pictures at 12:03 AM on 6/29. That's the last two emails I have gotten. I have it setup to send every 8 hours so the 12AM is normal but no report at 4AM on the 29th or the 30th.

The CL Level is just for remote camera connection to another camera. You can seen if they are all connected also on home camera under Nodes.

The report is sent via cellular signal. I do not think the home has cell signal indicator. You can do a CC Test and see if send you an email. Especially handy if you have email on your phone. You can check while standing by camera.
Have you received a report yet? I haven't had a report sent since 6/28. I received the report on 6/28 at 4:30 AM and some pictures at 12:03 AM on 6/29. That's the last two emails I have gotten. I have it setup to send every 8 hours so the 12AM is normal but no report at 4AM on the 29th or the 30th.

Do you have LTE or 4G signal?

At your Home camera location, go to CELL MENU, press CC TEST. That will force an email to sent immediately. It will say SUCCESS or FAILURE. My TEST sent me a test email to my phone before I could hang camera back up.

There is also several apps for your IPhone that will show cell strength and speed. Just because your phone shows LTE or 4G, is not an indicator strength.

Read and try below. You will see strength come and go instantaneously!

https://www.macworld.com/article/33...ength-with-the-iphone-field-test-app.amp.html

Here are 2 short video clips I made. One is the (950nm) LED Test as seen thru iPhone and another of the IR Filter Test including the noise.

I have now missed 3 of the last 4 mornings. But the morning report and all photos show up at 6pm. I'll try the high gain antennas next weekend. We'll see how that goes. The transmitter is in a very difficult place to get a tall ladder.

I love this system, I need to set it to a more frequent interval next time so I don't have to wait another 12 hours for my "fix". ;)

How many pictures are you getting?

How many pictures are you getting?

On average I get 2-4 pictures a day from 6 cameras. High end is 8-9. Have 3 "hot" cameras, the rest take pics infrequently. Property is new to me so hard to say if it is camera placement or population. Didn't place cameras anywhere that looked low traffic....