Cuddeback's Cuddelink

John I'm getting ready to update the firmware on all of my cameras and wanted to make sure that the one on the Cudde website is the latest, this is it. cdy_1200_7_6_0 is file cdy_1200_1_0_0.fw ***

John I'm getting ready to update the firmware on all of my cameras and wanted to make sure that the one on the Cudde website is the latest, this is it. cdy_1200_7_6_0 is file cdy_1200_1_0_0.fw ***
Correct 7.6 is the latest

I also followed the post about using the WiFi enabled SD card and have that set up and working now too. Next step is to sync the card with a folder in OneDrive so I can view the pictures on the card via OneDrive from anywhere.

Can anybody point me to the post on how to use a wireless SD card ? I spent 2 hours with a Toshiba card trying to get it to work but gave up?

Thanks

HB_Hunter........I remember reading the previous post (way back) on what parts to acquire to make the OneDrive Sync happen, but I never got around to trying it, yet! What brand of wifiSD card did you buy? How did you program it to sync via wifi to OneDrive? Does it do it in batches or one at a time? Any hints are much appreciated!!!

I would like to know also

Has the post on how to make a Wireless SD card been taken down? There are references to this post but I can't find it anywhere. Not to be negative but I really doubt the company is going to release a retail solution to this so I'm to do it myself, even if costs some money and I have to learn coding

Has the post on how to make a Wireless SD card been taken down? There are references to this post but I can't find it anywhere. Not to be negative but I really doubt the company is going to release a retail solution to this so I'm to do it myself, even if costs some money and I have to learn coding
See post #974

Schmidtbaby I currently use a spypoint link evo so far it’s a great camera and cell plans are good price.

They just came out with a micro cell cam that cost around 150.00 looking at getting another and use there free cell service they Offer 100 pic a month for free

Until cuddelink comes out with the usb upgrade I may hold off on the purchase one, my hunting spot being 600 miles away is hard to do upgrades

HB_Hunter........I remember reading the previous post (way back) on what parts to acquire to make the OneDrive Sync happen, but I never got around to trying it, yet! What brand of wifiSD card did you buy? How did you program it to sync via wifi to OneDrive? Does it do it in batches or one at a time? Any hints are much appreciated!!!

Sorry for the late reply. I just got back from the beach :). I got the Toshiba FlashAir 32GB Wifi SD card.

You connect to the FlashAir using your PC's wifi just like any wireless access point then you are able to browse to the files on the card. I mapped a network drive (w:) to the photo folder on the card. I then installed a free Microsoft application called SyncToy and setup a job to sync the FlashAir folder to a folder in OneDrive. I then created a scheduled task to run in Windows to kick of the SyncToy task three times a day. You could create this task to run as often as you want.

If you have any questions or need more detail, just let me know.

Also, make sure to read and understand the hardware part of post #974. Big thanks to meshferg2 for answering some questions I had.

A few people asked about some details on the "hack" and my investment into it, which includes:
  • SD Card extension cable: $8: This cable is thin enough to be folded and allow you to close the bottom hatch of the Cuddelink Home unit. This so the cable comes out but still allows the rubber seal on the hatch to close.
  • SD Card Sniffer board: $10: I just scratched through the power trace (VDD) that comes from the Cuddelink and soldered on the leads from a 3.3volt wall transformer.
  • 3.3 volt transformer: $6
  • Toshiba FlashAir SD Card: $29: ..............

You have to power the card outside of the camera because the camera is not built to provide constant power to the SD card. If it doesn't have power, you can't connect to it from your PC. The card still needs to be connected to the camera so it can recognize it and write images to it. This hack he put together allows you do to that.

Once you have the FlashAir powered and are able to connect to it, there are many options to move the files from the card to your PC and then from your PC to the cloud.

Also, make sure to read and understand the hardware part of post #974. Big thanks to meshferg2 for answering some questions I had.

You have to power the card outside of the camera because the camera is not built to provide constant power to the SD card. If it doesn't have power, you can't connect to it from your PC. The card still needs to be connected to the camera so it can recognize it and write images to it. This hack he put together allows you do to that.

Once you have the FlashAir powered and are able to connect to it, there are many options to move the files from the card to your PC and then from your PC to the cloud.

In a PM, I was asked to share a few more details about the Wifi SD-Card / sniffer board hack. Here is some more text + some pictures:
  1. First, using an X-Acto knife or something similar, scrape a small gap in the VCC trace on the sniffer card. This interupts the power from the camera to the SD Card. Just this trace, not any of the GND or other traces.
  2. Then, from the other side, solder in the positive and negative leads from your 3.3volt supply, positive into the left (VCC) and negative into the right (GND) holes, respectively.
  3. See these pictures.

I wish Cuddeback would camo dip the Cuddelink cameras. I end up vinyl wrapping all mine.

Attachments

• IMG_5671.jpg
    IMG_5671.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5672.jpg
    IMG_5672.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5673.jpg
    IMG_5673.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5674.jpg
    IMG_5674.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5675.jpg
    IMG_5675.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5676.jpg
    IMG_5676.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 44
Although the vinyl wrap only takes about an hour I’d still pay a few more bucks to have it already done when I buy them.

Although the vinyl wrap only takes about an hour I’d still pay a few more bucks to have it already done when I buy them.
$10-$20 per camera?

I would. I vinyl wrapped mine as well, but it would be nice to come from the factory like that. IMO, they stick out like a sore thumb otherwise.

Never have understood why cuddeback stuck to brown on all of the cameras, when most other brands have switched to camo, or at least had it as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d pay $10

I wish Cuddeback would camo dip the Cuddelink cameras. I end up vinyl wrapping all mine.
What brand of wrap are you using? Would it affect the signal strength of the antenna if it is wrapped it too?