Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I'm beginning to wish I had taken a smaller bite as a first bite. I bought 8 G series cameras, power house modules for all, battery boosters for all and a home unit! (close to $3,000.00 invested) and may have to set them on the self and go back to old school of collecting SD cards again. I have had great success with almost everything else with the cuddelink cameras. I put my cameras out April 20th and they are all still working on their original batteries. (maybe because I'm getting so few pictures). I hadn't thought to much about the volume of pictures until I went back to last years pictures where I had Moultrie cameras at the same locations as I have Cuddelinks now and they are all about 3:1 with Moultrie's getting 3 times what the cuddelinks are getting this year.

I shot a 6-pointer with my bow 3 weeks ago and watched it walk right in front of my camera. I was excited to see the picture of him alive just prior to my shot and we I checked there was no picture so I put a Moultrie there and that's the 96 to 36 scenario that I explained above. Cant help but wonder what I'm missing every week!!!

I will set two more Moultrie's out this week on two trails that I have cuddelinks on and report back a week after that....I am hoping before I head to camp on Wednesday that someone can tell me that there is a setting that I can change to solve this problem. :-(

I just bought a 4-pack of J cams when Midway had the get 1 free with a 4-pack. So I have 5 J cams and a cell home. I'm hoping they come out with a firmware update, don't know enough about cameras to know if it's a hardware or software problem.

I just bought a 4-pack of J cams when Midway had the get 1 free with a 4-pack. So I have 5 J cams and a cell home. I'm hoping they come out with a firmware update, don't know enough about cameras to know if it's a hardware or software problem.

I think its a hardware (sensor) problem. It appear to be a sensitivity issue. They work if I walk right in front of them, but not always if I am more than 20 yards away. It seems 50 ft is about the limit. That's why I bought the powerhouse modules (4 IR and 4 Black Flash) and they all seem to have trouble at anything over 0 ft.

I think its a hardware (sensor) problem. It appear to be a sensitivity issue. They work if I walk right in front of them, but not always if I am more than 20 yards away. It seems 50 ft is about the limit. That's why I bought the powerhouse modules (4 IR and 4 Black Flash) and they all seem to have trouble at anything over 0 ft.

20 not 0 ft.

One of my food plots had 150 pictures a week last year and this year its about 10. I thought it was because some crab grass had grown in and I haven't had time to replant. However, my cousin saw two doe in the food plot on Friday and they never showed up on the camera and when he saw them they were not more than 50 feet in front of the camera

One of my food plots had 150 pictures a week last year and this year its about 10. I thought it was because some crab grass had grown in and I haven't had time to replant. However, my cousin saw two doe in the food plot on Friday and they never showed up on the camera and when he saw them they were not more than 50 feet in front of the camera

I’m experiencing the same thing,
Cell Home base unit- Cuddelink’s telemetry is very impressive, have not had a problem with batteries or connectivity between cameras, home, email. Works fantastic

I have Blackflash cameras, I understand that resolution has to be low in order for RF to send pictures, but geez, unless deer is 10 feet from camera, you cannot make out which buck is which. I’m also experiencing a low number of images. A few weeks ago, I set up Bullet Proof cameras to confirm, and the bullet proof camera was taking 3X as many pictures. Also Blackflash is LOUD, I have a lot of pictures of deer running away.

I had a Browning fill a 4GB card aimed at the same spot as a Cudde with 280 pics.

I’m experiencing the same thing,
Cell Home base unit- Cuddelink’s telemetry is very impressive, have not had a problem with batteries or connectivity between cameras, home, email. Works fantastic

I have Blackflash cameras, I understand that resolution has to be low in order for RF to send pictures, but geez, unless deer is 10 feet from camera, you cannot make out which buck is which. I’m also experiencing a low number of images. A few weeks ago, I set up Bullet Proof cameras to confirm, and the bullet proof camera was taking 3X as many pictures. Also Blackflash is LOUD, I have a lot of pictures of deer running away.

I'm glad you mentioned that the cuddelink cameras are LOUD!!! I had meant to mention that in my previous post. My hearing is terrible, to the point that I have to wear hearing aids and without my hearing aids in I can hear the camera click from 10 feet away. I have had countless deer run from the sound of the camera...I had one doe that walked back and forth 14 times looking and listening to the camera click. I always thought that the only time the shutter made noise was when it was transitioning from light to dark and visa versa, but the shutter on these seems to trigger every time the camera takes a picture regardless of lighting conditions.

I may be beating a dead horse, I’ve spent what feels like hours looking for answers everywhere before I found this forum! Have spent an hour or so reading the 50+ page Cuddeback Cuddelink related conversations.

I’ll start off by saying I have the G CuddeLink Cell with Verizon + 8 Model J cameras. I LOVE them and have zero complaints and in my opinion is game changing!

I live in south Louisiana, hunting in very thick hardwoods/pine fields. With minimal hills where I have these cameras trying to talk to each other. Typically the weather from day to day is less than ideal during this time of the year! I completely understand giving my situation the thick woods/weather plays a huge role in distance between cameras!

When setting up cameras I was so upset with the distances! Furthest distance is probably 200 yards!

Is there any kind of Omni or directional antennas I could buy to replace the factory?

My cameras are setup “in line” as opposed to being set up in a circular setup.

Would appreciate any tips or tricks. Thanks in advance

I may be beating a dead horse, I’ve spent what feels like hours looking for answers everywhere before I found this forum! Have spent an hour or so reading the 50+ page Cuddeback Cuddelink related conversations.

I’ll start off by saying I have the G CuddeLink Cell with Verizon + 8 Model J cameras. I LOVE them and have zero complaints and in my opinion is game changing!

I live in south Louisiana, hunting in very thick hardwoods/pine fields. With minimal hills where I have these cameras trying to talk to each other. Typically the weather from day to day is less than ideal during this time of the year! I completely understand giving my situation the thick woods/weather plays a huge role in distance between cameras!

When setting up cameras I was so upset with the distances! Furthest distance is probably 200 yards!

Is there any kind of Omni or directional antennas I could buy to replace the factory?

My cameras are setup “in line” as opposed to being set up in a circular setup.

Would appreciate any tips or tricks. Thanks in advance

I have a camera a good half mile, and it's going straight home. My home is on a big hill, which helps. Something isn't right with 200 yds, my farm is pretty thick between the .5 mile cam to home.

Reactions: Cm.
I’ve had the cameras setup for 2 weeks now. The fog in the mornings and evenings have been unusually thick here. I wish I could say my impatience is getting to me with results I’m getting... my CL LEVEL reports have been crazy, some days being above 50 and most days under 10.

While setting up all cameras were above 50

This site has some external power options but I’d rather put my own together, just don’t know the power plug sizes.[/QUOTE]

Have you come across any other options. Or what is the setup you put together?

Do you still have your CuddeLink cameras set to a 10 second delay? What is your CL Delay set at? Either one of those or both of them will effect your picture count.

I had a Browning fill a 4GB card aimed at the same spot as a Cudde with 280 pics.
The 2016 BTC-5HD Elite is indeed a fine picture taking demon. It has a minimum refresh rate of 1 shot per second in single shot mode. The Cudde has a minimum refresh rate of 1.5 to 2 seconds when the delay is set on FAP (fast as possible). Put head to head on the same field of view you should see the Elite get 1.5X to 2X more pictures than the Cudde. I dug around a little and found a folder of pictures from when I tested these two side by side and the results over a couple hour period of coons feeding were 288 pics from the Elite and 178 pics from the Cudde for a difference of 1.6X... right on schedule. Both are plenty fast for me, but I do prefer the image quality of the Cudde over the Elite. What probably makes the bigger difference is that we generally don't run the Cuddies at the FAP delay while going through the CuddeLink network and we usually further moderate the transmitted pictures by the CL Delay setting to avoid choking up the network with unnecessary pictures.

I need some help, I’ve been following this forum since I bought my CuddeLink Cell systems, this forum is the reason all my cameras send me pics every evening and every morning, it’s been a ton of help.

Here’s my current situation.

I will make this very easy by attaching pictures of what I have and then describe what I’m wanting to do.

There are so many options of G,J, home base cell, solar, battery boosters. 1 works with 1 but 2 doesn’t work with 2, 2 only works with 2 when you have D batteries, you can use rechargeable AA batteries and rechargeable D batteries in cameras and boosters, but you can’t put rechargeable D batteries in the cell home base, you can use solar on the cameras, but there’s nothing in instructions for solar on the cell home base.

Long story short, I’ve bought some stuff, and I want to know what I can do.

I want my cell home base to have solar power, and I want my cameras to have solar power so that I don’t have to change batteries.

How do I do it???

Attachments

• 160C9821-40DC-4448-9A86-040A5B559BD8.jpeg
    160C9821-40DC-4448-9A86-040A5B559BD8.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 8
  • A7360566-9440-49E2-8DEF-8F5D816734F5.jpeg
    A7360566-9440-49E2-8DEF-8F5D816734F5.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 8
  • A03B240B-459E-4D89-82E3-2127E7DE144E.jpeg
    A03B240B-459E-4D89-82E3-2127E7DE144E.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 71054F3A-C27B-4EEE-B196-C5ED89BE6993.png
    71054F3A-C27B-4EEE-B196-C5ED89BE6993.png
    455.2 KB · Views: 9
I'm having issues also with my cuddebacks. I have have a cell home, 4 G and 3-j out for three months and I haven't had any issues until now. Over the last two weeks my cell has been disconnecting from my cameras. I have reset them twice took batteries out brought to cell home and started over. I started back receiving batch images each day with my report being sent around 5am each morning. Then out of the blue it stopped sending the report or images on Sunday and haven't sent anything since. I don't no what is going on, any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Android Tablet FT7 using Tapatalk

Do you still have your CuddeLink cameras set to a 10 second delay? What is your CL Delay set at? Either one of those or both of them will effect your picture count.

I believe they are both set at 5 seconds! It doesn't seem to be a picture count issue as much as it is just plan missing animals present in front of the camera. I shot a 6 pointer 3 weeks ago and I watched it walk within 50 feet of the camera and it was not on the camera. My cousin saw two doe in my food plot the other day right in front of the camera and they were not on the camera either. It would appear the range is much less than I expected. The camera where the 6 pointer walked by is a powerhouse black flash and the food plot camera is a powerhouse IR. I would expect better range from these than I am getting. Is there any setting you know of to change the sensitivity setting? On my Moultrie's I can set the PIR sensitivity to either low or high. Is there something like that on the cuddebacks?

I'm having issues also with my cuddebacks. I have have a cell home, 4 G and 3-j out for three months and I haven't had any issues until now. Over the last two weeks my cell has been disconnecting from my cameras. I have reset them twice took batteries out brought to cell home and started over. I started back receiving batch images each day with my report being sent around 5am each morning. Then out of the blue it stopped sending the report or images on Sunday and haven't sent anything since. I don't no what is going on, any help would be appreciated.

Look at your last daily report and see what firmware your cell home is running. Mine worked about a week and then just quit. John said it was because I needed a firmware update, did it, and working again. I'm running 7.3.0 now.

I believe they are both set at 5 seconds! It doesn't seem to be a picture count issue as much as it is just plan missing animals present in front of the camera. I shot a 6 pointer 3 weeks ago and I watched it walk within 50 feet of the camera and it was not on the camera. My cousin saw two doe in my food plot the other day right in front of the camera and they were not on the camera either. It would appear the range is much less than I expected. The camera where the 6 pointer walked by is a powerhouse black flash and the food plot camera is a powerhouse IR. I would expect better range from these than I am getting. Is there any setting you know of to change the sensitivity setting? On my Moultrie's I can set the PIR sensitivity to either low or high. Is there something like that on the cuddebacks?
There is no setting for detection sensitivity on Cuddebacks. :emoji_frowning2: Long distance sensing isn't a Cuddeback strength, but with the cooler weather I would think you should get fair sensing out to 50 or 60 ft toward the center of the field of view... as long as the camera isn't tipped down too much.

There is no setting for detection sensitivity on Cuddebacks. :emoji_frowning2: Long distance sensing isn't a Cuddeback strength, but with the cooler weather I would think you should get fair sensing out to 50 or 60 ft toward the center of the field of view... as long as the camera isn't tipped down too much.

Thanks Fred...50 - 60 feet? The are advertised as 100 ft sensing range (at least the powerhouse modules are)....Why does tipped down make a difference?

I'm running 7.3 also. This is the second time it's done this.

Look at your last daily report and see what firmware your cell home is running. Mine worked about a week and then just quit. John said it was because I needed a firmware update, did it, and working again. I'm running 7.3.0 now.