Cuddeback's Cuddelink

John,

Can you connect a booster battery pack to a 1365 home unit?

Also, just thought I update my experience this far with my cuddelink system,. I am running 8 G series cameras (4 powerhouse black flash, and 4 powerhouse IR) They are at around 100 days in the field and so far no complaints. All batteries are still ok and no problems with connections over the first 3 months.
yes you can and i recommend it .

John,

Optics planet sent me an email yesterday saying my home unit 1365 (non-cell) is ready to be shipped, which I am very happy about! (I ordered it in February)! What's the best way to install it? I have 8 G model cameras out with 1 as the home unit, and 7 remotes! Should I turn on and program the home unit as the home unit and then change the current home unit (G series camera) to remote or visa versa!

I'm thinking of setting the current home collection camera to remote and then turning on the home unit and setting it to home. This way there's never 2 set as home at the same time, but want to know what's the right way to do this!
i wanted to add one more tip to this question. When switching home units out , once you have the previous home converted in the menu to "remote" and have the new home unit powered up and armed , take one of your remote cams and set it into CL LEVEL mode , wait for it to show a connection, then arm it. This will "wake up" your new home unit and it will quickly connect to all the other remote cameras that are armed , in range , and on the same channel.

Last edited:
FYI to anyone looking to buy, the BassPro mailer I got last night has the Cuddelink Black Flash for $149.99 with trade-in. I assume you bring in any old camera but I don't know the details. August 18-26.
I saw that myself.
I will be getting some when the 18th-26th gets here.
Myself I'd rather have the IR or Strobe.
Dicks/Field and Stream does a trade-in for cameras also but only certain ones.

John,
Will the g series safe allow you to use the booster battery pack with the model 5079 camera? If not, what would you recommend for remote cameras using the safe to increase the life of the batteries? I’m thinking I will be using model 1491 (cell) with the booster battery pack inside the cabin and definitely using the g series safe with model 5079 cameras. I recently had a camera stolen. Any replies are greatly appreciated!

John,
Will the g series safe allow you to use the booster battery pack with the model 5079 camera? If not, what would you recommend for remote cameras using the safe to increase the life of the batteries? I’m thinking I will be using model 1491 (cell) with the booster battery pack inside the cabin and definitely using the g series safe with model 5079 cameras. I recently had a camera stolen. Any replies are greatly appreciated!
We dont have the g series safes in stock yet, but to use the booster it would need to sit outside the safe. i'm sure you could modify it to work so the cord could be plugged into the camera but the safe is not designed to be used with the booster. A theif could steal the booster but not the camera in the safe.

Torn on whether to get the cell or wait for the USB home version. I've had trespassers recently rip up my goose pits so I do want to get real time alerts...

Last edited:
Torn on weather to get the cell or wait for the USB home version. I've had trespassers recently rip up my goose pits so I do want to get real time alerts...
one should be able to convert a cell home to the usb home version, its the same unit with a cell cap, it still has the ability to collect images via cuddelink even with the cell function off or your plan suspended. This allows the user to use it "on site" when his cell plan is suspended off season etc. Retail is a but higher on the cell home (about $80) but it can be used both ways.

If anyone sees any dealers with the cell home in stock, please post it here. I searched through a bunch of pages of google results and none of the dealers had it.

My best camera to date was a Cuddeback Attack IR with the red glow led's. That camera took 4 d batteries and battery life with alkaline was fantastic other than the really cold Minnesota winter months. May be an apples and oranges comparison but i loved that camera the entire time i've had it. I've been meaning to see if it can be repaired. It worked nearly flawlessly for over 5 years and just out of the blue quit working.

I just replaced it with an Exodus Trek that I am not overly satisfied with. My old cuddeback took better pictures and with technology changing as fast as it does I thought this new camera would have blown the old one out of the water but I was wrong.

My best camera to date was a Cuddeback Attack IR with the red glow led's. That camera took 4 d batteries and battery life with alkaline was fantastic other than the really cold Minnesota winter months. May be an apples and oranges comparison but i loved that camera the entire time i've had it. I've been meaning to see if it can be repaired. It worked nearly flawlessly for over 5 years and just out of the blue quit working.

I just replaced it with an Exodus Trek that I am not overly satisfied with. My old cuddeback took better pictures and with technology changing as fast as it does I thought this new camera would have blown the old one out of the water but I was wrong.

If you really liked your Attack IR and you don't particularly want or need the Cuddelink system you could consider the "fix with new" option for your dearly departed Attack. You can trade the corpse for a G Model 5062 (w/ PowerHouse red flash) for $199.50 and get the modern day equivalent of a new and highly improved Attack IR on steroids... flat out the best stand-alone red IR camera I've ever used. And if one day in the future you want to use it as part of a Cuddelink system or as a stand-alone Cudde-Cell cam you simply buy the appropriate cap and you're ready to go. IMHO that's a better option than paying to fix the Attack and I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

If the home unit is plugged into full time power (so not using the battery) does the unit maintain power to the sd card full time?

If the home unit is plugged into full time power (so not using the battery) does the unit maintain power to the sd card full time?
the home unit is not set up to be used on anything but battery power at this time.

Or maybe I just buy the current home version and put one of these wireless sd cards in it to link to a computer......

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Toshiba-...09927&wl11=online&wl12=46436615&wl13=&veh=sem
bj,,,I don't want to hijack this thread. You, "we" can start a new thread. Do you know of anyone who has used this card? I am wondering range?

John,

You can get a safe from custom1enterprises.com.
Check this site, they also have boxes to put external power sources in that can be secured to the tree
and keep wires from being exposed.
Just another option. When I called cuddeback last week they thought their safes would be available
in October. (John should know) I took them at their word. Thats longer than I wanted to wait so i purchased some today. If you buy 4 or more you may get a discount. Hope this helps

bj,,,I don't want to hijack this thread. You, "we" can start a new thread. Do you know of anyone who has used this card? I am wondering range?

Range isn't long. I was thinking of a cuddelink home unit just outside the house so only a few feet from a computer. Key thing on these wifi cards is that they require constant power to work and most trail cameras only supply power to the cards when it is needed. That is why I was asking about the power port. Plenty of dc converters that might fit this but if it doesn't provide power to the sd card full time, the wifi card is basically useless (only works as a regular sd card).

Ordered a cell unit from farmsteadarchery. Thanks for the tip.

John,
Will the Genius Pan Tilt Lock Mount Model 3488 work with the CuddePower attached to model 5079? If so does this mean that you can run a python lock to secure the entire unit to the tree in an elevated position?