Cuddeback's Cuddelink

The white flash and the home base will be good additions to my system. Will the home base be out in march also?

Thanks. I went to NWTF convention in Nashville this week, I wish Cuddeback would of been there.
SPY Point stole the show in the camera area, I hope Cuddeback can make it next year. Especially if they can get the
cellular models out for people to use.
Please elaborate....

Please elaborate....
Just my thought with their detailed session talk about their cameras and cell service. I would of liked to see other camera companies like Cuddeback to be able to give their products view. I know each would say that theirs is the best. It would give us a chance to see first hand each system.

Just my thought with their detailed session talk about their cameras and cell service. I would of liked to see other camera companies like Cuddeback to be able to give their products view. I know each would say that theirs is the best. It would give us a chance to see first hand each system.
Very true. I'm currently running a Spypoint Evo Link because of the FREE cell package they offer.

Cuddelink check. The more I use them the more I like them.
So far so good.T__00025.JPGT__00066.JPG

Does anyone know for sure when the home camera is supposed to be available? I get manufacturing set backs can and will happen but have they said when it's coming?

I'd rather buy a few to test for the cost of 1 buckeye but I need more cams by June.

Does anyone know for sure when the home camera is supposed to be available? I get manufacturing set backs can and will happen but have they said when it's coming?

I'd rather buy a few to test for the cost of 1 buckeye but I need more cams by June.
cell home is may/june, Home plus is also scheduled for june, you can use any cuddelink camera as home camera then when you buy a cell home or home plus change the settings so its a remote - the cell home will be out before home plus.

cell home is may/june, Home plus is also scheduled for june, you can use any cuddelink camera as home camera then when you buy a cell home or home plus change the settings so its a remote - the cell home will be out before home plus.

That is a good thought. I guess I could set up a system in May and run through 1 set of batteries hoping the home plus is out by mid summer. Living far from the property it is very nice to be able to see what's going on remotely. I'm kinda spoiled that way. I've actually driven out after weeks away and had successful hunts based completely on trial cam Intel. "Early season summer patterns"

That is a good thought. I guess I could set up a system in May and run through 1 set of batteries hoping the home plus is out by mid summer. Living far from the property it is very nice to be able to see what's going on remotely. I'm kinda spoiled that way. I've actually driven out after weeks away and had successful hunts based completely on trial cam Intel. "Early season summer patterns"
Bill, if your main goal is using the home plus to hook it directly into a computer with on site internet access and have the images downloaded into a one drive type folder , that aspect is still in the design/proofing stage. The cell home that will collect images and then send to your email is completed and will be out by june, the home plus will be out about the same time but the link to use with an existing computer will come after the unit is launched , hopefully that makes sense. With any of these products you will be able to add them to any and all cuddelink cameras once they become available. They cell home unit will be very reasonable , $200 retail.

Got it. Yes ultimately having it available to view thumbnails remotely is the optimum setup for my situation.

Is anyone running the j series cameras on 6v with solar panels? I see on the back of the camera there is a jack that states solar panel, just wondering if you can hook up a 6v to it. Or does this port only work to charge internal rechargeable batteries?

Thats what I did ,testing them with alkaline batteries. Getting used to the system before the home units come out.

I'm in the same boat, Bill. I'm thinking about ordering 4 or 8. This is the best deal I've found, and they raised it $10 from a few weeks ago...

http://www.farmsteadarchery.com/cuddebackcuddelinkblackflash.aspx

Bill, if your main goal is using the home plus to hook it directly into a computer with on site internet access and have the images downloaded into a one drive type folder , that aspect is still in the design/proofing stage. The cell home that will collect images and then send to your email is completed and will be out by june, the home plus will be out about the same time but the link to use with an existing computer will come after the unit is launched , hopefully that makes sense. With any of these products you will be able to add them to any and all cuddelink cameras once they become available. They cell home unit will be very reasonable , $200 retail.

Sir, I am going to buy. I don't live on my farm, and will be interested in the cell unit, eventually. I will probably set mine up on Mineral stations, initially. Which camera would you recommend?

Sir, I am going to buy. I don't live on my farm, and will be interested in the cell unit, eventually. I will probably set mine up on Mineral stations, initially. Which camera would you recommend?
the 4 pack in either cuddelink long range IR or Black flash would be the most economical. The "g" cameras with the powerhouse flashes would be better if you need some more flash range out of your cameras, but on a mineral or scrape setting where you the target animal is generally closer you will do just fine with the others. I would also recommend the solar kit when it comes available that way you can put a larger sd card in the cameras and never go in and disturb the area throughout the entire summer or even the whole year.

John, how does the solar charging unit work inside timber. Does it need direct sun to charge.
Thank you for sharing.

John, how does the solar charging unit work inside timber. Does it need direct sun to charge.
Thank you for sharing.
We have had success in hardwoods in the summer, you can mount the panel on any side of the tree or post so it gets more sunlight which will help. IF the sunlight is extremely limited because of very heavy canopy like cedars etc some adjustments may need to be made. There are several auxiliary battery options available for instances like that.

I'm in the same boat, Bill. I'm thinking about ordering 4 or 8. This is the best deal I've found, and they raised it $10 from a few weeks ago...

http://www.farmsteadarchery.com/cuddebackcuddelinkblackflash.aspx
That the same place I bought mine before they went up $10. I want safety boxes/bear safe boxes for these units. I went with the IR models but are interested in the white flash model when it gets here. I'm impressed with them so far.

Contacted Cudde today to see if I could pre order a home unit. No dice, but it was worth a try :)

Thank you John.

Thank you for sharing.

This is not specific to cudde but applies to all solar charging. The amount of charging is primarily driven by the size/efficiency of the panels and the number of hours and intensity of sun. Canopy will negatively impact charging ability of any panel. Like any system, a balance is needed between power consumption and charging.

My guess is that the next significant advance in solar charging batteries will be when charge control electronics are sandwiched between solid state lithium batteries and the solar panels. Energy density of these batteries is significantly better and they like to run hot so they can be a heat sink for the panels further improving their efficiency. We are just starting to see this technology emerge. The future EV market is driving the technology development and these batteries will likely give electric vehicles similar range to gas vehicles. There are some niche applications that are combining them with solar panels.

It will probably be quite a few years before there is sufficient ubiquity to drive costs low enough to make them practical for trail camera technology, but it is starting to become visible on the horizon.

Thanks,

Jack