Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I should have some cuddelink long range IR'S shortly. What should i expect for battery life, they operate on 12 AA batteries.
I'm located in middle TN on Alabama line. Not as cold as some of you'll.

Looks awesome. How much does the extended warranty cost?

I don't believe there is a cost for any warranty. You register your cameras on their web site and your cameras have the complete warranty.
That is how it has worked for me in the past.

Need a serial number to get the extended (5 year) warranty apparently.

I'm curious to know the cost.

Need a serial number to get the extended (5 year) warranty apparently.

I'm curious to know the cost.
the "5" is for those who have a non functioning camera for any reason outside of the two year warranty , it allows you to trade that camera in towards a new model camera at a discount - there is not a 5 year "cost" option

the "5" is for those who have a non functioning camera for any reason outside of the two year warranty , it allows you to trade that camera in towards a new model camera at a discount - there is not a 5 year "cost" option

Then count me out.

Volkman what battery life can I expect from the cuddelink long range IR's.
I would think there are variables, looking for a average.

Volkman what battery life can I expect from the cuddelink long range IR's.
I would think there are variables, looking for a average.
Keep in mind there are a ton of variables and a lot depends on how many images taken/transmitted, temps and battery type used but i would say 60-75 days would be an average expectation in average conditions. Make sure you use a good quality alkaline or even lithium. There will be either a solar panel option or 6 d cell booster pack that replaces the AA battery pack on the long range CL available soon if you desire/need longer life. This will increase battery life dramatically on that model. The D cell cuddelinks(dual flash and powerhouse models) average longer life than the 12 AA models as well.

Keep in mind there are a ton of variables and a lot depends on how many images taken/transmitted, temps and battery type used but i would say 60-75 days would be an average expectation in average conditions. Make sure you use a good quality alkaline or even lithium. There will be either a solar panel option or 6 d cell booster pack that replaces the AA battery pack on the long range CL available soon if you desire/need longer life. This will increase battery life dramatically on that model. The D cell cuddelinks(dual flash and powerhouse models) average longer life than the 12 AA models as well.
Thanks John, I've never used lithium's i'll try them in a couple of the cameras to see how they compare to alkaline's.

Thanks John, I've never used lithium's i'll try them in a couple of the cameras to see how they compare to alkaline's.
I have a Spartan texting camera and lithium battery life is probably close to three times alkaline battery life.

I have a Spartan texting camera and lithium battery life is probably close to three times alkaline battery life.
I won't fool with the alkaline's then.
Lithiums for me fosho. The extra drain on the batteries for the cuddelink system should work better.
Thanks Big Cat, SwampCat

I won't fool with the alkaline's then.
Lithiums for me fosho. The extra drain on the batteries for the cuddelink system should work better.
Thanks Big Cat, SwampCat
I've always been a duracell man. What brand do you use?

If your looking for lithium batteries Batteryjuction.com has good reviews as a source.

If your looking for lithium batteries Batteryjuction.com has good reviews as a source.
Thanks, I want to get the best performance out of the cuddelink IR cameras I can.

Since we are talking about batteries I just have to share my story. I received four Black flash Cuddelinks a few weeks ago. I went to Home Depot to buy the batteries, AA, for the camerars. I saw that I could buy 60 Rayovac Batteries for around $20 so I thought I would take a chance and see how they did. Normally I buy either Amazon Basics or Energizers. Well, I loaded the cameras and decided to stand them up in the house since the weather outside was bad enough that I couldn't go out and set up cameras. Besides I wanted to practice with these and make sure I was programming them correctly. Well the batteries leaked all over. It ate off the finish on a good wood table. I tried to go cheap and paid the price. Home Depot was great and gave me my money back without my receipt. Stay away from Rayovac.

Attachments

• IMG_3021.JPG
    IMG_3021.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9242.JPG
    IMG_9242.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9514.JPG
    IMG_9514.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 26
Since we are talking about batteries I just have to share my story. I received four Black flash Cuddelinks a few weeks ago. I went to Home Depot to buy the batteries, AA, for the camerars. I saw that I could buy 60 Rayovac Batteries for around $20 so I thought I would take a chance and see how they did. Normally I buy either Amazon Basics or Energizers. Well, I loaded the cameras and decided to stand them up in the house since the weather outside was bad enough that I couldn't go out and set up cameras. Besides I wanted to practice with these and make sure I was programming them correctly. Well the batteries leaked all over. It ate off the finish on a good wood table. I tried to go cheap and paid the price. Home Depot was great and gave me my money back without my receipt. Stay away from Rayovac.
That is crazy, I've never used lithiums before but that's what I will be trying. Big Snow Man's advise was good, I read the reviews on BatteryJunctions web site and the Energizer Ultimate Lithiums is what I will be using for the my 4 IR cuddelinks. I'm glad I stumbled on this site.
You'll have been very helpful. I'm excited to see how these will work. I've got some rolling ground with timber 2600 acres of lease ground and private combined.

I've got my cuddelink IR's had enough duracell AA's to fill them up so I did for now. I'll get the Lithium Energizers before I put them on salt licks latter this summer. To impatient used what batteries that i had. I did a quick test of distance, by driving down the road. This was a level pathway no hills, home base was in the house, they picked up for a half mile. I will put them out soon and tell you'll how they work in the rolling hills of Tennessee.

I have 5 cuddelink cameras out, using akaline batteries and they have performed great. I have averaged around 75 tp 80 days on battery life. Granted its not as cold as i live in the South. But i cant find anything negative to say about the performace of the cuddelink system.

Sent from my SM-G925R7 using Tapatalk

I pulled my home unit card today. 4 cameras battery life still showing okay, been out close to 60 days. Half of those 60 were under 10 degrees with 7 days straight below freezing. I continue to be impressed with this system. I have the dual flash with D batteries. I was going to get a few LR IR with the AA batteries, but I think I will stay with just the dual flash.