Coyote family

nateb440

5 year old buck +
I built a little watering hole in the middle of the woods. I have had a ton of visitors including bobcat. Well this spring some time a mom coyote must have had pups nearby (6 of them!) and they've set up camp on that little watering hole. Needless to say, the deer visits have gone from multiple deer a day to nearly none. What do i do to get rid of them? I'd like to take out the whole family if possible without it ruining deer season. (I only have 50 acres and hunt it exclusively). Thanks for any suggestions.

Depends on the definition of get rid of.
Not telling anyone to do this but the sugar substitute Xylitol causes K9 liver failure. Like just a few grams.

Laced hotdogs would get rid of them. I've heard snail poison also does the trick. Again not making any recommendations. Just saying what's out there. I'm sure neither is legal.

Last edited:
It's a shame you couldn't have gotten Mom when the pups were still young.

Yeah. I didn't even know they were there. I hadn't had a chance to go to the farm all summer. Good news is the 300 or so trees I planted and caged are looking great. Hopefully they'll outlive the coyotes!