Can it be done?

SD51555

5 year old buck +
A suppressor on a 22 semi auto pistol with a bi-pod? If so, what is your choice of pistol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would you want such a thing?

Ruger Mark IV

Quieter than a semi auto. In my experience the racking of the semi auto action is loud enough to scare off a deer.

CZ ultra lux rifle. 26" barrel. CCI standard velocity go out just under subsonic. 26" barrel. But, it's a rifle.

Whatever you et, its going to need some barrel to make it quiet. Bolt action would be alot quieter. Contedner pistol in 22lr?

Bought a Savage 24V is 30-30/20 ga to hunt grouse while I hunt deer. Birdshot in your gun while hunting deer in NY illegal.

I’ve got the Ruger 22 silencer on a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 tactical, and the bullet impacting the squirrel is louder than the shot. The lower picatinny can hold your (Atlas?) bipod. Top it with a durable red dot and you’ll have a sweet package.

IMG_0535.jpeg

IMG_0534.jpeg
IMG_0536.jpeg

IMG_0537.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpeg
    IMG_0535.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 12
I’ve got the Ruger 22 silencer on a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 tactical, and the bullet impacting the squirrel is louder than the shot. The lower picatinny can hold your (Atlas?) bipod. Top it with a durable red dot and you’ll have a sweet package.

View attachment 59487

View attachment 59484
View attachment 59485

View attachment 59486
Bingo!

Interesting thread, something I never considered but may now “need”.

Been a while since I’ve been around a suppressed 10/22 to recall how loud they are but vague memory is they weren’t much louder than bolt actions. I know my AR is loud AF still with a suppressor, disappointingly so.

Haven’t shot pistols like this so I might be in left field but it seems a guy should be able to manipulate a bag for a rest well rather than dealing with a cumbersome bipod.

View attachment 59487

View attachment 59484
View attachment 59485

View attachment 59486

That’s exactly what I’ve got in my head. Awesome share fella. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about the silencer part. Look up ruger charger. Basically a 10/22

How far do you need to shoot? You could try sub sonic 22 rounds.

My dad used to carry a slingshot for grouse while he was deer hunting and he was pretty successful with it.

I shoot the (Mexican) Agulia 22 sub sonic ammo in my single shot rifles and in lever action rifles. It is deadly on rabbit and squirrel sized game to about 40 yards. VERY quiet......less noise than a pellet rifle. Not sure they make this ammo anymore? The bullets are sintered lead and kinda like a powdered lead aspirin pill.....they disintegrate on hard surfaces. My grandson shot bricks of this stuff as a kid.....and liked the quiet nature of the rounds as it did not scare the other game. I use mine in the yard and the neighbors never know I am shooting stuff.

It's ideal as a replacement for an air rifle.

Try the Norma Tac 22 ammo even the standard Tac 22 ammo is just barely sub sonic in a couple different rifles for me I believe their posted velocity for that ammo is 1100FPS good stuff I’ve been pleased with it.

They still make augilla.