All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buckwheat price 2018

$35 here in Central MN at the seed elevator

$66 with tax at my local grain elevator this week.

Update for 2019
37.50 per 50# bag

Have not purchased this year, but last year paid $50 a bag in North TX.

Have not purchased this year, but last year paid $50 a bag in North TX.

Where in north texas?

Is that this years price?

bill

Where in north texas?

Is that this years price?

bill

Dennis’ Farm Store in Denton. That was 2018 price. Don’t know what they’re charging this year.

$44.95/#50 at a local feed mill. Got some beezzzzz to feed this year,,, So Ive been checking around and that is the cheapest so far. I do not know anyone that grows it other wise I would just get bin run seed.

Elk Mound feed store - if it helps someone; not promoting them. just saying its in their regular farm seed catalog, not their food plot stuff.
Thats where I get most of my stuff I don't go in for the food plot stuff, just get the bulk seed. Good prices and good people.
For zone 4 when do you guys plant buckwheat? I am going to try to use it to help me kill off some Reed Canary Grass that I already burned off now waiting for some green to Gly the heck out of it. Then plan to plant buckwheat to shade it out.
Chuck

$10 a bag in PA....local farmer