All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buckwheat price 2018

TreeDaddy

5 year old buck +
My local seed source asking 62.50$/50lbs

What are some of the other region pricing?

bill

That's roughly what my local co-op has been at for a few years now. Having Welter's ship it to my door is cheaper and I don't have to waste the time and gas on a trip to the co-op.

$44.95/#50 at a local feed mill. Got some beezzzzz to feed this year,,, So Ive been checking around and that is the cheapest so far. I do not know anyone that grows it other wise I would just get bin run seed.

Elk Mound feed store - if it helps someone; not promoting them. just saying its in their regular farm seed catalog, not their food plot stuff.

$45 for 50# in north Alabama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My local seed source asking 62.50$/50lbs

What are some of the other region pricing?

bill

I just paid $45 per bag from the local coop, but I bought 8 bags.

$62 for buckwheat yikes :emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished:

$50 for a 50 pound bag from my local seed dealer. I pick it up as it is local and avoid the shipping charge. It is almost a guarantee that shipping on a bag with this weight will run at a minimum of $15 and up for singles or a few bags. Shipping in bulk by pallets of 1,000 pounds minimum is the only way to get a reasonable shipping charge per bag.

Last edited:
Hancock Seed has it for $39.99 for 50 lb. No free shipping though.

I just ordered at my local co-op 5 min ago. $43 for a 50 lb bag

Variation of prices by region is interesting

Kansas,texas,wisconsin,georgia,virginia,et al

Most likely supply/demand issues

bill

Just picked up a 50# bag of buckwheat and it was $46.

$44.95/#50 at a local feed mill. Got some beezzzzz to feed this year,,, So Ive been checking around and that is the cheapest so far. I do not know anyone that grows it other wise I would just get bin run seed.

Elk Mound feed store - if it helps someone; not promoting them. just saying its in their regular farm seed catalog, not their food plot stuff.

I've heard of Elk Mound seed before, but never bought from them. I've always gone to Seeds & Stuff in Colfax. Both are about the same distance away and it looks like Elk Mound would suit my needs better. I see they sell by the 50# bag on their website, which drives the price way down compared to buying by the pound like I do in Colfax.

Do you know if they break bags or is it 50# or nothing?

Thanks,

-John

$30 @ Albert Lea Seed. When ordering seed locally it pays to put your order in early. Many local mills get trailer after trailer in this time of year. If you order something they don't have on hand but order it early they'll just throw it on the truck when they're shipping corn and beans and shipping will be free.

I just paid $66.00 for a 50 pound bag locally (central NH).

I've heard of Elk Mound seed before, but never bought from them. I've always gone to Seeds & Stuff in Colfax. Both are about the same distance away and it looks like Elk Mound would suit my needs better. I see they sell by the 50# bag on their website, which drives the price way down compared to buying by the pound like I do in Colfax.

Do you know if they break bags or is it 50# or nothing?

Thanks,

-John
They do have smaller bags of seed in their store -

$30 for 50 lb. bag here at a local ag. store / feed & seed mill.

I was quoted $40 today when I was at the seed mill.

bowsnbucks, what seed place in sepa?

mikmaze - It's not in SE Pa. It's up in northern tier. It's near my camp.

I bought a 50 lb bag today from an Agway nearby and it was $74 with tax. If I got it from Crop Production Services, I prob could have saved money but it’s an hour drive and they couldn’t deliver til like 10 days from now. I get a lot of my seed from them as they deliver it which is great.