Brute 'N Bottoms

Jake, did you get any kind of "guarantee" with those "transplants"? The reason I ask is that it is usually a hit or miss transplanting conifers of that size. Those trees will have enough "energy" stored in the wood to keep them "alive" through this fall and maybe even into next summer, but they could very easily run out of gas and brown out on you as well. I would recommend purchasing some large norway spruce plugs and getting them in the ground in that area as well as the ones you transplanted, in case they don't make it. I love the design of the "setup" you have there, and I would hate to see it set back if those transplants die next summer. You could likely check with Itasca Greenhouse or a few others and see if they will have any of the larger Styro 77 or Styro 45 Norway plugs ready for this fall. I don't think you would need many, a couple trees each between those transplants that you have there already, just to fill in the gaps and prevent having a large opening in the event that a transplant would die.

The Gilmanton area got absolutley hammered with rain early in August, it resulted in flooding that was worse than the flooding that happened last year. I'd say half of the property was underwater for at least a week. It destroyed my bean plot by the river, but the other 2 bean plots are just fine.

Jake, did you get any kind of "guarantee" with those "transplants"? The reason I ask is that it is usually a hit or miss transplanting conifers of that size. Those trees will have enough "energy" stored in the wood to keep them "alive" through this fall and maybe even into next summer, but they could very easily run out of gas and brown out on you as well. I would recommend purchasing some large norway spruce plugs and getting them in the ground in that area as well as the ones you transplanted, in case they don't make it. I love the design of the "setup" you have there, and I would hate to see it set back if those transplants die next summer. You could likely check with Itasca Greenhouse or a few others and see if they will have any of the larger Styro 77 or Styro 45 Norway plugs ready for this fall. I don't think you would need many, a couple trees each between those transplants that you have there already, just to fill in the gaps and prevent having a large opening in the event that a transplant would die.

No guarantee, it was reasonably priced, we will take our chances. We've gotten a lot of rain and they look good so far. Hopefully they make it through the winter.

Hey, did you end up with some of my oats? They definitely went down stream a few weeks ago I would like them back please. By the way, we are basically neighbors at work. Unless you are in the "white" F-150...

Hey, did you end up with some of my oats? They definitely went down stream a few weeks ago I would like them back please. By the way, we are basically neighbors at work. Unless you are in the "white" F-150...

I do drive the white F150, stop by sometime.

Will do. Kyle G. just reminded me of you last week. He said you got it made, now I see why! I am upriver of you halfway between Eleva and Monkeydovi.

Will do. Kyle G. just reminded me of you last week. He said you got it made, now I see why! I am upriver of you halfway between Eleva and Monkeydovi.

You are real close to us then. I'm probably 3 miles from your place.

You are real close to us then. I'm probably 3 miles from your place.

North, south, east or west? Not to get pushy or hijack the thread, PM me if you want.

I'll shoot you a PM.

Nice!!! Congrats on the great bull!

Great work! Was is a DIY hunt? A bull with a Bow is on my bucket list. My old man lives in Denver now so he is working on a resident tag.

I will be checking cams this weekend more than likely at both farms. Pulled one card and had a few feisty bucks.

Great work! Was is a DIY hunt? A bull with a Bow is on my bucket list. My old man lives in Denver now so he is working on a resident tag.

It was on private land but yes it was DIY. Getting close with a bow on a bull is a challenge, being on the ground with animals that big makes it exciting.

Great job and photos!

Definitely a bucket list hunt for me also. I'm jealous of both your ground and elk success!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a buck show up that we let walk last year. He was a spindly 10 point last year with a broken G2 & G3.

Here is he this year. I'm curious whether you guys think he is 3 or 4 years old this year. He recently broke off about 3" of his main beam on his right side.

I going with 4. He looks like he is rutted up pretty good, so I may be over estimating

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk