Blue Hill Nursery Stock

Ryan just finished updating all trees on the site so there are now trees available you may not have seen.

I was checking the website from 10am until 3:45 every couple minutes with no luck. i checked again at 4:30 and there were a few trees available, but everything I wanted showed sold out.. Thoroughly disgusted, so quit and checked out some other tree sites and went outside and did some chores. On a whim, I opened up the website at 6pm and got nearly everything on my list! Some of the sizes were the small trees and couldn't get any of the Full Draw persimmon, but I'll take it. This was year 4 of trying to get persimmons.

Ya I really wish he'd update his site. I signed up for the email alerts the two previous years and never got them and didn't get what I wanted. It's wild how in demand his trees are, good for him. They are really nice trees.

He acknowledged on FB that he tried to do all the work himself to update and downlead all the info instead of having an IT person do the website work and that was a mistake. Looks like he tried to update and release updates while the website was still live. He should have shut the site down, done all the work, then release the site with everything updated. Hopefully lesson learned.

Ya I really wish he'd update his site. I signed up for the email alerts the two previous years and never got them and didn't get what I wanted. It's wild how in demand his trees are, good for him. They are really nice trees.
Same here. Never received email alerts on my top few trees even though I could see they were available. I placed a couple orders and didn’t get any kind of email confirmation on those either. They show up in my account so hopefully that means they went through.

Glad his trees are so popular, but he’s definitely gonna need to pay an IT company to run his site for next year. I understand wanting to do it yourself but his nursery has outgrown the ability of one man to manage the mad rush. I posted elsewhere this reminds me of Ticketmaster in the early days of online buying.

His website was straight up acting extremely odd. It kept placing orders I didn't add into my cart. I also couldn't add items into my cart. Yet on checkout they showed up. I also questioned how accurate his stock indicator was because of this.

Plenty of trees left if folks are still shopping.

I was able to order a couple each of enterprise, liberty and 3 different pears. The only thing I couldn't get were persimmons.

I couldn’t get Sweet Dog. I don’t think there were very many though.

Picked up multiples of the following, about 30 total:

Galarina
Buckman
Turning point
Kerr
Enterprise
Yates
Chesnut
Ed's Crazy
Kieffer pear
Sweet Advent pear

Last edited:
I didn’t order any this year but the 20 I got last year are all thriving right now. Every single one made it for me this summer with only a couple of waterings.

I agree with Prarie Shadow, as I bought 6 trees last fall and all have grown at least a foot and a half (some almost double that!) and have great limb/leaf growth..I ordered 6 more this year and am trying the larger trees (I know, I’m impatient, but I want some FRUIT!)

Picked up multiples of the following, about 30 total:

Galarina
Buckman
Turning point
Kerr
Enterprise
Yates
Chesnut
Ed's Crazy
Kieffer pear
Sweet Advent pear
That's a NICE selection of trees! Our camp has all of those except Yates & Advent pear. I think you'll be happy with those picks.

I agree with Prarie Shadow, as I bought 6 trees last fall and all have grown at least a foot and a half (some almost double that!) and have great limb/leaf growth..I ordered 6 more this year and am trying the larger trees (I know, I’m impatient, but I want some FRUIT!)
Me too. I’ve mostly been grafting my own, and that’s rewarding and all, but this year I bought a bunch of the largest sizes I could get. I guess all the waiting is getting to me!

I didn’t even know what Blue Hill was. Handed them a few hundred and now shopping for more trees elsewhere.

Any other hobby has to be cheaper. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t even know what Blue Hill was. Handed them a few hundred and now shopping for more trees elsewhere.

Welcome to the addiction..I started in 2020 with 7 trees..now I have a few (dozen) in my yard and will have 40+ in a tree/food plot after next spring…buying the most expensive fly fishing gear or going on a safari every year might be cheaper but would definitely not be as fun…

If your hobbies aren't expensive, you probably have the wrong hobbies 😉

Last edited:
Welcome to the addiction..I started in 2020 with 7 trees..now I have a few (dozen) in my yard and will have 40+ in a tree/food plot after next spring…buying the most expensive fly fishing gear or going on a safari every year might be cheaper but would definitely not be as fun…
It's true - there's something about planting things that all sorts of wildlife will eat or use for cover. Addiction is the right word. After lurking on this forum for about 5 years before I ever posted so much as a question - I thought 5 or 6 apple / crab trees ought to do it for our camp. We're now over 80 fruit trees ....... started in Spring of 2013.

Just adopted some lonely pear and chestnut trees coming this spring from the Whitetail Chestnut spca.

No more. Cages, tubes and mulch