All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blind dealer discount?

bjseiler

5 year old buck +
Anyone ever looked into becoming a deer blind dealer for one of the many companies selling hard shell deer blinds? I'm curious what the discount is and the minimum purchase.

I think a trailer load would let you be a dealer in areas not served by others (or if you can be a better dealer than the one they got). Buying lesser quantities is going to run the freight cost up.....and cut into margins if doing anything less. I would think there should be 25% margins......but I have no first hand knowledge. Often the best margins come from buying 1. Quantity 2. Pre -season orders 3. Buying accessories 4 Payment terms and more.

Thus the discounts may be 20% less 5% less 5% less 3% or some such scheme by purchasing the way that allows the factory to make some bucks too.....and even-out their production.

My 2 cents.

I think one of the biggest things to overcome is the freight costs on big hollow boxes.

Red Neck blinds is down the road from me I could inquire about a group buy if you guys are interested. I don’t have any real desire for one myself but I’ve got a 25’ gooseneck trailer and forklifts at the house.

I think the local "distributor" figured out how to get 7 or 8 Redneck blinds on a 42 foot trailer....by putting some padding between the blinds. One more than typical. Thus he was able to cut his freight cost by about 10% or more per blind (you do the math). A 25' gooseneck trailer would haul no more than 4 or possibly 5 ?? blinds on a load. Then the question becomes how far are you going to haul them? ....and your cost per mile??

A good modular or knocked down blind system would go a long way toward getting a reduced price. Come up with a way to get 50 or more quality blinds on a trailer load.....and the world is your oyster. .....If I were a younger man......grin......

So. I have a Sutherland’s close to home. They run promotions where they give 20% off everything you put on your Sutherlands credit card (including Redneck blinds). I have bought a couple this way. Put it on the card and pay the card off as soon as it shows on the balance. Instant 20% off and it’s miles from the house. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hunt with woodworkers... I get my scent tight wooden smartboard blinds for cheaper than you do... :D

And they help me assemble them on site