All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bevan's Favorite

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
Both my Bevan's are still small trees, but I'm sold on it for a no spray apple. Apple falling right now here. Taste is very good for an early apple. Leaves aren't perfectly clean, but as clean as any PRI apple that I grow. Life is tough for apples around here.

No CAR, No FB and only minor Scab - not enough to matter. No sign of PM either.

They look great! I had one growing this year that got sprayed. Either it couldn't handle it, the rootstock was weak, or a little of both, but it was the only one that died on me.
Guy Ames recommends it highly too.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Awesome tree our Bevan we grafted this year got friend by ag drift

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about the ag drift. I've had things like that to happen before and it does hurt.

Interesting, I've never heard of this variety. However, I've done quite a bit of family history research the last 3-4 years and Bevans is part of my line. Perhaps I should acquire some scion. :)

Interesting, I've never heard of this variety. However, I've done quite a bit of family history research the last 3-4 years and Bevans is part of my line. Perhaps I should acquire some scion. :)

Shout at me next spring!!

I have a Bevan's Favorite on B9 rootstock that I got from Century Farm 3 years ago. It has a couple of apples on this year that I bagged. Their still green here in zone 6A which surprises me.
growouts%20%20trellis%20apples%20%207-3-17%20001_zpsw2fghc6q.jpg

Looks good greyphase. I've noticed that they go from green to red very quickly - like less than a week.

Native - Those are great looking apples in the pic in post #1. Even if the taste wasn't so good for people and they were only good for critters, they'd look awesome just hanging on the tree !!

Native - Those are great looking apples in the pic in post #1. Even if the taste wasn't so good for people and they were only good for critters, they'd look awesome just hanging on the tree !!

It's amazing how much they look like Striped June, but the taste is not close to the same. Bevan's is just a little darker red. I don't care for Striped June, but really like Bevan's. SJ is about 3 weeks earlier ripening.

Pic below is SJ: